BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did kean or one of his loyalists not once say judge the man when he has his own team, i think he's bought enough players to say that time is now so of all his signings who would you keep for next season considering that for virtually everyone of them its hard to imagine a new manager could'nt find better in the youth ranks or very cheaply elsewhere.

i think that my assessment that beyond yakubu i really could'nt give 2 ####'s about any of them is kind of damning as to the puppets suitability for the job. Marcus seems about the best of the rest but i'm fairly sure henley is better already or almost certainly will be from what i have seen so him at Lb with martin Lw.

Dann was yesterday and remains truly awful and considering he is meant to be the direct replacement for the centrebacks kean sold makes me very depressed, samba and nelsen on their day which was most every saturday were giants. This guy is a poor darren peacock without the ponytail or any bravery or awareness.........someone said to me he has really good feet for a big defender my response was to paraphrase John McClane "tidy feet, who gives a s##t about tidy feet" on the list of attributes i want in a center half i don't think thats near the top.

If he is the real manager all the signings are his fault much like dalgliesh at liverpool and they both 100% should live and die by them.

Yesterday , I came to the same conclusion has Kean ....The substitutes are utter garbage with the exception of Dunn (did little when he came on)

Goodwillie ,Petrovic , Modeste, Orr (defender excused slightly) all signed by Kean .....Need I say anymore ?

Once again when things aren't going well the manager is found wanting. If ever a change was needed at half time it was today with Formica and Marcus Olssen offering nothing. We were far too narrow and made it easy for Bolton to defend when we were in possession. As the second half wore on and he stood ineptly on the touchline with his hands in his pockets it was apparent that he didn't know what to do. At least throwing an extra striker on would have given Bolton an extra problem but it just didn't happen. For the life in me I can't fathom out why which confirms the majority of fans opinions that he hasn't got a clue.

It was predictable when he mentioned the 'occasion' as a possible reason for his teams ineptitude and he will use that to try and cover his own failings and shortcomings.

As everyone else is saying, yesterday there were 2 Kean-signed strikers on the bench. We desperately need a goal in the second half and are creating very little but the two strikers don't get on the pitch.

Under what circumstances would you actually put these two on the pitch Kean?

Kean's signings are shocking apart from Yakubu. Replacing 3 / 4 players next season with usual Kean tosh like Petrovic, Goodwillie and Modeste will see us relegated by March (presuming we scrape through and stop up this season).

I wonder if we'll ever hear the words "I got it wrong today" from Kean.

As counterintuitive as it probably seems to him, it would probably aid his cause.

It really would.

A big part of why a lot of Rovers don't like the man is that he's a bare-faced, blatent liar.

If he acted with honesty and integrity - and held his hand up when he's found wanting - there would be less people who find him unbearable.

Unfortunately it'll never happen, as he clearly communicates what he thinks Venky's want to hear via the press - and they are stupid enough to take him at face value.

I was sat behind Steve Kean and apart from a one minute conversation with his two assistants and 15 seconds with Dunny, he stood impassively with his hands in his pockets.

Contrast this with Owen Coyle cajoling, gesturing, screaming next to him.

Kean looks like he's a rabbit caught in the headlights.

Recently read some of Kean 'manager of the year' articles - shame the media never bother to properly investigate why fans are not happy with him (or why there were protests, initially, against him).

Also, some of the articles fail to acknowledge that the displeasure has been against Venkys's too - as Kean/his agent are so closely associated with the Rao family, naturally at the moment Kean will find if difficult ever to be popular as BRFC manager.

Of course, if we were a 'bigger club', there would be more scrutiny on aspects like the hiring of Kean, John Jensen and signing of he infamous Myles Anderson (Chris Smalling in waiting).

Heard that when Kean and the club were keeping quiet about his (not deserved) new contract, he was arrogantly boasting about it - what a charmer. Would be useful for the media to take into account the constant lies, talking absolute rubbish, and treating the Rovers fans with a lack of respect, it has all the ingredients for not being liked - and of course, his overall results record and that he never got the job on merit in the first place.

Good old Stevie, eh....

Recently read some of Kean 'manager of the year' articles - shame the media never bother to properly investigate why fans are not happy with him (or why there were protests, initially, against him).

I read a footnote in Chris Waddle's column today saying that Kean deserves special mention for doing a good job despite the "sickening abuse" he's received from Blackburn fans. I was like 'WHAT FRELLING ABUSE!?' It gets my back up that people keep spreading this bullsh** without anything to back it up.

I can't seem to open the paper without reading about our beloved manager... so I don't think I'll bother anymore.

He said that he would get it right – but no-one was listening because they thought he was just talking the talk.

But now Steve is walking the walk.

Always with the gags that Holloway.

He said that he would get it right – but no-one was listening because they thought he was just talking the talk.

Gobshite manager Holloway. He blew it in the Prem with his winter signings. Blackpools best players were brought in by Tony Parkes.

• Backroom

Errr, what? How many points away from the relegation zone are we again?

I could have sworn the season before last we finished 10th. Didn't we? Was that a dream? Weren't we in Europe a few seasons back? No? It must have all been a fantasy, I forget my expectations should apparently be that if this club finishes above 20th position we've had an amazing season.

• Backroom

That's the point DE.

We as a club had such a low profile before Venky's, those in the game seem to think we've spent the last ten years in a relegation battle.

For the record pal, my comment was directed at people with opinions like Holloway, not yourself :)

For the record pal, my comment was directed at people with opinions like Holloway, not yourself :)

Oh I know.

This season has reallly brought home what a load of brainless/sycophantic/sheep like morons we have in our glorious media.

• Backroom

Unfortunately, despite the standard of journalism in this country being rather pathetic... it does influence massive amounts of people. The sympathy Kean has in the general public is unbelievable. Well, when you see who his agent is and the amount of media spin that's been orchestrated to paint Kean in a sympathetic light then I suppose it's very believable... but what's amazing is how quickly I'm able to change somebody's mind when discussing Kean. Once they're aware of the facts they no longer have much if any sympathy with Kean and tend to agree the media has blown the protests and "abuse" towards Kean way out of proportion.

Sadly, the overwhelming majority will rely on the print media to provide them with their opinion... and thus they'll be making their assumptions based on incredible spin and little in the way of facts.

• Moderation Lead

Agree with the points above totally.

After two games of us doing well, they may as well have not happened following yesterday's game.

Terrible lack of substitutions, we could easily have snatched a draw with a simple re-shuffle, granted it would have been completely undeserved.

Archived