BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just written the below in another thread, but applies to this one too:

Ultimately we have 28 points from 29 games this season and that is absolutely woeful.

If we survive this season it will be in spite of Kean and not because of him.

We have lost FAR more points this season due to Kean than what we've won.

Two wins against two poor sides does not all of a sudden change two years of massive underperformance for Kean.

He must be sacked as soon as the season is over and replaced with a proper, experienced football manager.

i know this is a kean thread, but imo there is a huge factor regarding kean and his future here and thats the fact that hoilett is going to leave.

what´s kean gonna do without hoilett.?

can he set the team up properly without him.?

how is he gonna deal with losing our best player going forward.?

kean has been rather lucky with the emergence of hoilett and has been somewhat dependent on him doing his thing. Without him, he is going to have to set up the team in a different manner and im not sure he has the ability to do so.

i vote sack, he doesnt have the brains and he´s a scumbag.

• Backroom

Assuming we stay up...

With Hoilett almost certainly leaving and a couple more (Formica, Rochina, possibly Yak, N'Zonzi and Martin Olsson) potentially departing we will need a better manager than Kean to stay up next year.

In fact, even if all of those players stay I'd still suggest we need a better manager than Kean to stay up next year. Should we survive this season there is unlikely to be three such pitiful teams below us next season.

As for which decent manager would want to work under Venky's, erm...

Guess they have to go too.

Assuming we stay up...

With Hoilett almost certainly leaving and a couple more (Formica, Rochina, possibly Yak, N'Zonzi and Martin Olsson) potentially departing we will need a better manager than Kean to stay up next year.

In fact, even if all of those players stay I'd still suggest we need a better manager than Kean to stay up next year. Should we survive this season there is unlikely to be three such pitiful teams below us next season.

As for which decent manager would want to work under Venky's, erm...

Guess they have to go too.

Why would the Yak be going? That's just a random guess, right? His comments in January about having no intention to leave combined with his apparent happiness on the pitch does not lead me to believe that he will be leaving.

Why would the Yak be going? That's just a random guess, right? His comments in January about having no intention to leave combined with his apparent happiness on the pitch does not lead me to believe that he will be leaving.

However, it would appear that our beloved owners are planning to sell anyone and everyone even if they don't want to go, if rumours are to be believed. therefore expect yakubu to leave, especially if he can be sold for any real cash.

Because 1) although he's the one who's been calling for a poll, he doesn't like the results!

and 2) he's a WUM.

1) The results are looking a bit better to me. Almost 16% say to keep if we stop up (or the alternative which means the same), which is better than the other thread.

2) I don't take the results as all too important in the actual result, I'm more looking at the swing. I'm sure the percentage in Keans favour will come down in the next day or so once more have voted.

However, it would appear that our beloved owners are planning to sell anyone and everyone even if they don't want to go, if rumours are to be believed. therefore expect yakubu to leave, especially if he can be sold for any real cash.

Well they'll sell when the right offer comes in, but I think with Yakubu, even a non football fan can see his worth to us down on paper. Added to which he's a Venky's signing. Wouldn't get an awful lot for him either with his age.

• Backroom

Not really a random guess as such. He's been very good this season and I think a few clubs would be interested in buying an out and out goalscorer. If the rumours of him having a low release clause in his contract are true then there will definitely be interest.

I wouldn't say Yak is high on the list of important players potentially leaving though - Olsson and N'Zonzi are the two most likely. That's leaving the obvious one in Hoilett out.

Not really a random guess as such. He's been very good this season and I think a few clubs would be interesting in buying an out and out goalscorer. If the rumours of him having a low release clause in his contract are true then there will definitely be interest.

I wouldn't say Yak is high on the list of important players potentially leaving though - Olsson and N'Zonzi are the two most likely. That's leaving the obvious one in Hoilett out.

I don't give much credence to rumours. If they were true then QPR would have triggered such a clause in January.

If we sell Olsson I hope it's after the Euros.

As far as I am concerned Kean passed the point of no return a long time ago. No matter what happens this season the club cannot move forward until Kean and Venkys are removed.

Perfectly summed up my view also.

I could only add I hate the illegitimate and can't wait to see him down the road the lying, snide little snake!

Long live the Kean.

You are an utter tube

im missing two options in the poll.

Sack, but only if we get new owners.

Keep, but only if venkys are still owners.

Kean got the players behind him. If hes sacked and venkys still are owners, imagine who they will hire for the job.

i dont think many experienced managers will be willing to work under venky conditions. and if they hire a new no name i think alot more of our players will consider their future.

im missing two options in the poll.

Sack, but only if we get new owners.

Keep, but only if venkys are still owners.

Kean got the players behind him. If hes sacked and venkys still are owners, imagine who they will hire for the job.

i dont think many experienced managers will be willing to work under venky conditions. and if they hire a new no name i think alot more of our players will consider their future.

Very true. If Venkys stay I dread to think who they would appoint.

Dream scenario is knowledgable and passionate new owners to come in, who appoint a quality established manager and invest.

However, more realistically, if things remain as they are - being run by clueless idiots in Pune - there seems to me a very high likelihood that whoever we could appoint on our meagre budget would be worse than Kean.

This is a two sided equation. It's not just getting Kean out - it's who we get in....

I have never advocated sacking anyone as i always thought that it wasn't the BRFC way mainly out of loyalty but i can never accept our current manager due to the divide thats hes tried to wedge between fans and the footballing nation. To criticise a local MP (Jack Straw),BRFC journalist for the Lancs Telegraph (Andy Cryer)in the way he did was for 1 reason and 1 reason only for me and that was to get the footballing world on his side whilst alienating the true fans. Even if SK takes our club on to glory i will not respect or admire a bloke who 1 day says "i get up to 500 letters a day and everyone in the village is supportive" then does an article saying "i fear for my safety so need a bodyguard" etc. The blokes a liar as was proved in a court of law and also a coward for me!!

ps i have never joined in any protest this season or called/shouted abuse during a game at anyone connected to BRFC but SK will never have my support as manager and the day he leaves will be a godsend to our beloved football club!! all again imo

I have never advocated sacking anyone as i always thought that it wasn't the BRFC way mainly out of loyalty but i can never accept our current manager due to the divide thats hes tried to wedge between fans and the footballing nation. To criticise a local MP (Jack Straw),BRFC journalist for the Lancs Telegraph (Andy Cryer)in the way he did was for 1 reason and 1 reason only for me and that was to get the footballing world on his side whilst alienating the true fans. Even if SK takes our club on to glory i will not respect or admire a bloke who 1 day says "i get up to 500 letters a day and everyone in the village is supportive" then does an article saying "i fear for my safety so need a bodyguard" etc. The blokes a liar as was proved in a court of law and also a coward for me!!

ps i have never joined in any protest this season or called/shouted abuse during a game at anyone connected to BRFC but SK will never have my support as manager and the day he leaves will be a godsend to our beloved football club!! all again imo

+100

Results on the pitch are one thing.

But its the lies, the treachery. The dodgy dealings, the agent, the way he's manipulated himself into being manager and apparently also chairman all rolled up into the one position, the lack of accountability, the refusal to accept that there are issues, the insistance on blaming the fans for everything including woeful performances on the pitch and ridiculous selections/substitutions, the post match interviews where he refused to be man enough to admit we werent good enough on the day (dew on the pitch anyone ?), the security guard debacle to engender press support for him at the expense of the alleged thuggish violent fans (??).... and his uttely woeful record over 18 months.

I can't see our clueless owners getting rid of him if we stay up - they probably won't even realise until he tells them himself anyway, but if it were up to me, nah - he'd be gone yesterday.

Archived