BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

I agree with the above 2 posts.

This man has too much previous. His whole character is not one of a manager of Blackburn Rovers. His limited knowledge of what it takes to manage at the highest level has been found out Time and time again.

Eric Black's arrival and our ability to beat poor teams around us is no coincidence ?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) The results are looking a bit better to me. Almost 16% say to keep if we stop up (or the alternative which means the same), which is better than the other thread.

2) I don't take the results as all too important in the actual result, I'm more looking at the swing. I'm sure the percentage in Keans favour will come down in the next day or so once more have voted.

you're happy with 16% of the vote? You a Lib Dem?

Most people have seen enough to make up their minds, as matters were at point of no return. Credit to him to fixing a number of problems tactically.

No point talking about this topic till the end of the season. Lets just support the team like we have done until the end of season.

Well dealing with two entities kean the man and kean the manager.

The manager:

- his overall managerial record is atrocious. Up there with statistically the worst managers in not only rovers history but also the premier league history

- tactically at best he has only ever rectified his own mistakes such as starting petrovic. Usually with every substitution things get a little worse.

- signings. With the exception of the yak (and lets face it that could have gone either way) his signings have been very poor, no atrocious-myles Anderson, ribiero, goodwillie, modest, orr, olsson, petrovic, dann (biggest let down), vukevic (still don’t know about), rochina and formica are collectively horrendous with the latter two par no more.

In fact when compare those players to players he’s seen leave for me there is no contest he is letting good players leave and young yes, but often awful in. Out-Brown, salgado, samba, nelsen, emerton, diouf, j jones, p jones, diouf, Andrews, kalinic, santa cruz all left and in my opinion that as a team would destroy current lot.

- if we stay up it will be in spite of kean. In the last full season before he took over finished 10th and were in 10th ish when took over and were aiming between 10th-15th for foreseeable future. All kean’s done is turn us into a 20th-16th team and claiming success if we stay up. NO HE HAS TURNED US INTO THIS AND LOWERED OUR STANDARDS WITH IT.

The man:

- arrogant. Handled himself with dignity. Ha. If dignity is sticking head in sand, lying continuously, claiming everyone likes him and denying anything wrong then yeah he is dignified.

- deluded

- attempted to turn fans on one another

- most of all a liar.

Hate him for what he's done as a manager and hate how he has behaved as a man.

Long live the Kean.

hahahahaha, you're that desperate for attention that you have turned to childish remarks that you don't actually believe in yourself.

You know when people lose an intellectual debate so they turn to ridiculous comments to attempt to either make others laugh, or just aggrivate people. You have turned to that. You cant be older than 16 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very true. If Venkys stay I dread to think who they would appoint.

Dream scenario is knowledgable and passionate new owners to come in, who appoint a quality established manager and invest.

However, more realistically, if things remain as they are - being run by clueless idiots in Pune - there seems to me a very high likelihood that whoever we could appoint on our meagre budget would be worse than Kean.

This is a two sided equation. It's not just getting Kean out - it's who we get in....

Something I've been trying to get people to understand.

Another thing people might want to consider is who Venky's would sell us to. Could end up with a Syed or whatever he's called. Venky's are very bad, but there are many worse out there.

:D and remember he doesn't "take the results as all too important in the overall result" :wacko:

I don't value the opinions of the majority voting, but I'm interested to see the swing. Is that so hard to understand?

hahahahaha, you're that desperate for attention that you have turned to childish remarks that you don't actually believe in yourself.

You know when people lose an intellectual debate so they turn to ridiculous comments to attempt to either make others laugh, or just aggrivate people. You have turned to that. You cant be older than 16 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well first of all I want Kean to continue as manager, so I do believe myself.

Secondly, what intellectual debate have I been beaten in? Aside from the odd mistake in posting, none of my convictions have been disproven. I've said I feel we are better off keeping Kean (who else could we get under these owners?), that I feel we will stop up (we are on course to but it's not over yet) and that I dislike Allardyce's football (same as the majority, especially West Ham fans). Please link me to any intellectual debate where I have lost without it being something that you just disagree with me on? I'm talking about hard evidence of me being incorrect on one of my main beliefs that I have been posting about in detail.

Your post is just as childish at it has no real relevance.

I have voted keep if stay up... Only because the last three games have given me hope that we may have turned a corner (although I'm sure some on here will tell me I am an idiot)... Also I doubt he'd get sack if we stay up anyway!

But I now think we should try to support everyone working hard at the club and start to look up!

COYB's!

Provided we stay up, I'd be willing to give Kean a short trial run next season - since the protests have died down, the team seems to be playing a lot better and I can't really see who else we can attribute this to. The players have certainly had belief in Kean all season, and to be honest I'm warming to the attacking playing style we've adopted, since he assumed the job - what's the point of football, if it's not entertaining?

Like I say, a short trial period of perhaps 8, 9 or 10 games plus the defence sorted out and any leaving players, compensated for, and I would be happy (not that that's likely to happen). If we sack Kean, that also opens up the issue of compensation and how are we going to find as tenacious, or even an experienced manager, on the cheap? I doubt the owners will be dipping into their back pockets.

The real problem is Venkys. No, you shouldn't buy a football club if you expect to make money, but how can these people sell all our best assets without replacing them, infuriate us fans and generally, obliterate our club?

It'll annoy some on here, but it's Venkys who I see as the problem, not Kean.

Venkys out.

Secondly, what intellectual debate have I been beaten in? that I dislike Allardyce's football (same as the majority, especially West Ham fans). Please link me to any intellectual debate where I have lost without it being something that you just disagree with me on? I'm talking about hard evidence of me being incorrect on one of my main beliefs that I have been posting about in detail.

Claiming that the majority dislike Sam Allardyce's football (your opinion and not proven) to support your supposed "intellectual" superiority is nonsense. I can assure you from your use of language and your arguments that none of your posts are "intellectual".

Claiming that the majority dislike Sam Allardyce's football (your opinion and not proven) to support your supposed "intellectual" superiority is nonsense. I can assure you from your use of language and your arguments that none of your posts are "intellectual".

The majority in world football who know of it do dislike Sam Allardyce's football. Surely you can concede that, even if you feel the majority hold the wrong opinion.

The club cannot progress and will be consistently in the bottom half of the table while this muppet is in charge. I've been having some heated debates on the Guardian football website in an article written by Paul Doyle, wondering if Kean should be made manager of the year! One Rovers fan put it to me that "I couldn't take the fact that a mere coach was promoted to the position of manager and that I would have wanted someone like Bruce, Shearer or McCarthy to come in and f**k things up." Em, what's Steve Kean done since he's been in charge then?

I voted sack, but what's the point of these polls? 'Ooo look, now 85% want him gone, not 95%'.

He is the most powerful man outside Desai involved with BRFC, it's got to the stage where I can't even imagine someone else as our manager.

He will see thousands of fans leave Ewood Park, not vice versa.

Secondly, what intellectual debate have I been beaten in? Aside from the odd mistake in posting, none of my convictions have been disproven. I've said I feel we are better off keeping Kean (who else could we get under these owners?), that I feel we will stop up (we are on course to but it's not over yet) and that I dislike Allardyce's football (same as the majority, especially West Ham fans). Please link me to any intellectual debate where I have lost without it being something that you just disagree with me on? I'm talking about hard evidence of me being incorrect on one of my main beliefs that I have been posting about in detail.

I hated the football we played under Sam. It was medieval stuff. But say what you want about it, it got results and we were never in danger of going down while he was in charge. That's all that a club like Rovers can ask for when they have owners who are unwilling (Walkers Trust) or unable (Venky's) to put significant funds into a club.

I voted sack, but what's the point of these polls? 'Ooo look, now 80% want him gone, not 90%'.

He is the most powerful man outside Desai involved with BRFC, it's got to the stage where I can't even imagine someone else as our manager.

He will see thousands of fans leave Ewood Park, not vice versa.

I would hope he is the most powerful man outside of Desai involved with BRFC given that he is our manager.

Went for the first option. He's still got a long way to go to convince me he's a good manager but I'm starting to think he might be an ok one. And as no good manager would come and work for the circus owners, we may as well stick with Kean. Who knows, if this run since christmas is an actual long-term sign of improvement, next season might not be so rocky.

Archived