BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then sack him. Rain. Hail or shine.

And replace him with whom ? Don't get me wrong I don't like Kean but unless we bring in someone guaranteed to improve the club (and I don't mean the likes of Bruce or Curbishley) then changing the manager is likely to do more harm than good. Rovers need stability and much as it pains me to write this provided we avoid relegation Kean (and Black) should stay next season.

I'm more concerned about who would be the next appointment like the old saying better the devil you know! At least the players are fighting for the club, manager and fans at the moment and that will always give me hope... The next manager may be even worse!

It's good to see some posters understanding that getting rid of Kean might not be the best way to go about things at the end of the season when you consider potential replacements, but just out of interest, can that also not be said about the owners and who they would sell to? Nobody reputable was interested in us when we had a greater value of playing staff and an experienced management team and plenty of backroom set up to assist them with running the club if they are new to the club (something Venky's idiotically dispensed with), so who would be interested now. My worst fear would be them selling to a Syed, or some other philipl approved 'moneyman'. I don't trust them to sell with anyones interests but their own at all.

That is what really scares me.

And replace him with whom ? Don't get me wrong I don't like Kean but unless we bring in someone guaranteed to improve the club (and I don't mean the likes of Bruce or Curbishley) then changing the manager is likely to do more harm than good. Rovers need stability and much as it pains me to write this provided we avoid relegation Kean (and Black) should stay next season.

What if, and I'm not basing this on anything other than speculation, the current mini-revival is as a result of the players really pulling together and nothing to do with Kean?

What is the players really don't like Kean and hate playing for him, but are doing so for the good of their careers and, to a lesser extent, the club?

I honestly think that Robbo, for example, really doesn't like Kean and dislikes playing for him, but will always do his best firstly for his career, but secondly to help the club.

If any of the above was the case, then removing the problem (Kean) would be absolutely the best thing to do and replace him with a proper manager.

We don't know either way, but you need to consider all possibilities.

What if, and I'm not basing this on anything other than speculation, the current mini-revival is as a result of the players really pulling together and nothing to do with Kean?

What is the players really don't like Kean and hate playing for him, but are doing so for the good of their careers and, to a lesser extent, the club?

I honestly think that Robbo, for example, really doesn't like Kean and dislikes playing for him, but will always do his best firstly for his career, but secondly to help the club.

If any of the above was the case, then removing the problem (Kean) would be absolutely the best thing to do and replace him with a proper manager.

What problem if they are now pulling together despite him? You think they would pull togetherer under someone new?

As discussed many times, only a desperate manager would work for Venky's as they currently operate; the chances of getting a 'proper manager' are about zero. Our best and only hope is that he learns through experience and Black sticks around

It's good to see some posters understanding that getting rid of Kean might not be the best way to go about things at the end of the season when you consider potential replacements, but just out of interest, can that also not be said about the owners and who they would sell to? Nobody reputable was interested in us when we had a greater value of playing staff and an experienced management team and plenty of backroom set up to assist them with running the club if they are new to the club (something Venky's idiotically dispensed with), so who would be interested now. My worst fear would be them selling to a Syed, or some other philipl approved 'moneyman'. I don't trust them to sell with anyones interests but their own at all.

What really scares me are the lot in Pune, I really do think they are two butties short of a picnic!

There's nothing come out of the club to suggest the players don't like Kean, nor any stories of dressing-room revolts so performances would suggest they are playing for him. And then there is a condundrum of your idea of a "proper manager" who would be prepared to work for these owners with little or no money to spend.

This is not a defence of Kean by the way and I would like to see him replaced by a better manager but that is very unlikely and in the present circumstances and with these particular owners as has been stated it might be better to stick with him and Black. .

What a good poll. And at an interesting point in the season.

I've been a "sack him now" man all season

But I wouldn't sack him now.

He has to stay until the end of the year.

Then sack him. Rain. Hail or shine.

(I meant the end of the season. Thank you Davu)

I would agree with that, let him stay until the end of the season.

What's your problem with philipl?

Wouldn't it be funny if he really was well connected within the footballing world.

+1, agree with every word.

What's your problem with philipl?

Wouldn't it be funny if he really was well connected within the footballing world.

Since he knows so much (indeed he knows more than most) and wanted Syed, whenever I meantion the negative side of Venky's selling, he's a useful name to throw in as it just shows even those in the know can be a bad judge of character, so think how well Venky's would do with their judgements.

As a side note, I care little for his connections whilst he continues to post in the fashion he does (just as I fully understand people ignoring my opinions when I post in certain ways) with his scaremongering which rarely comes to fruition.

Correction: The vast majority on here.

I'll be honest, away from here and the Telegraph website I don't hear very many supporters referring to him as Coco, a liar, someone who tries to slander the fans a nasty piece of work etc. I think some people have created an us and them mentality and websites like this simply attract rumour mongers and myth believers who think that the general consensus simply matches their opinion. I was prepared to wait for facts and evidence off the usual suspects etc. but surprise surprise - nothing turned up.

Away from here I am also unaware of Rovers fans who seem gutted and bitter after we win matches because all they can think of is Steve Kean, not BRFC... which to me will always be a strange way of "supporting" a club they claim to love. People on here are genuinely riddled with hatred and bitterness and in my eyes they behave/speak like some cheated upon munter from Jeremy Kyle.

+1 An excellent post Pedro, sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly.

Would love a new feature on the forum, to ignore all posts that quote a user in addition to ignoring the user themselves!

Ohh and Pedro excellent post. Although I want SK sacked, people do take it too far on here IMHO.

Pretty sure Bruce, for example, has a better win ratio as a manager compared with Kean - so he would likely do better, not that I am a massive fan.

As for Kean, well, the arrogant man has done well/better recently (in relation to results) - however, long way back for him and the owners who have shown nothing but contempt for our club.

Many people won't forget Kean's lies, and general bull, very quickly. Eg Myles Anderson/Chris Smalling - and of course how can we forget, the man for making this all possible, his agent JA being a slimey piece of work.

Bruce is one of those managers who works better on a budget - hence his good work at Birmingham & Wigan. Any man who can make Titus Bramble look like a half-decent centre-back deserves a medal! I love how Steve Kean's suddenly preferable to such a manager because of those giant killings against Wolves & Sunderland.

Since he knows so much (indeed he knows more than most) and wanted Syed, whenever I meantion the negative side of Venky's selling, he's a useful name to throw in as it just shows even those in the know can be a bad judge of character, so think how well Venky's would do with their judgements.

As a side note, I care little for his connections whilst he continues to post in the fashion he does (just as I fully understand people ignoring my opinions when I post in certain ways) with his scaremongering which rarely comes to fruition.

Well even a Spanish club thought he was sound enough to sell it to him. I highly doubt they did so without checking him out etc. Lest we not forget that by all accounts Venky's are hardly what they said they were either.

I don't for one second think you do it for the reasons stated as your sig quite clearly shows you have a personal issue with philipl. I could quite easily compare his supposed scaremongering to your everything’s rosy statements and so consequently now since you wish to berate him for doing similar to you, you must be willing to put up with the same.

Braddock buy a mirror take a long look in it and come back. You cannot chastise one person for doing one thing whilst you do the same from another perspective.

Archived