BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hows this for shooting oneself in the foot. Straight from the horses mouth an admission that Kean is not top management material. A weak but convenient excuse for an abject performance set up by a manager who spent more time on his own PR this week than the job in hand. How many other managers would have sent a team out with an apologistic attitude? Most would have reversed this and sent em out with their tails up and a 'no mercy' instruction ringing in their ears.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/9612797.We_didn_t_cope_with_Reebok_emotion__said_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/

Pathetic! Unbelievable even and imo a sentiment made for the sensitivities of the national press and media before the BRFC fans that the club are currently trying to sell ST's to!

Pathetic! Unbelievable even and imo a sentiment made for the sensitivities of the national press and media before the BRFC fans that the club are currently trying to sell ST's to!

Kean continues to contradict himself in interviews. His pre and post match interviews never match up.

He tells that many lies, he forgets what he has said previously.

He lies and deceives every time his lips move! :angry:

We already know that the pressers are closely managed and already, on a number of occasions this season, certain subjects have been barred from discussion before Kean starts !

There's only one way to deal with this and that's for the press / media to boycott all pressers and pre and post match interviews and report as they see fit.

We already know that the pressers are closely managed and already, on a number of occasions this season, certain subjects have been barred from discussion before Kean starts !

That is correct - Kean's sidekick Agnew influential in that.

This has been said before but 'tis therapeutic getting it off the chest...The thing that galls me most about Steve Kean is that his behaviour (apparent lies and dismissal of poor performances) suggests lack of pride, self-esteem and morals. And that’s just because I think I’m like a lot of people in that when I go out to work, my sense of pride and self-esteem drive me on to try my best and certainly not to underperform on a frequent basis. If my department was underperforming frequently, I’d feel ashamed and try my best to do something about it. But after the many shocking results this season and last Kean’s demeanour and ‘excuses’ seem totally lacking in remorse or shame. I just can’t get my head round that or the fact that neither he, Eric Black or anyone else in the dressing room isn’t standing up to Karen Silk and shouting, “Knickers to your weekly budgets! If we don’t play the best players in their best positions we are going to be relegated!” The only way I can comprehend it is if there are other factors at play that negate personal feelings of pride, decency and self-worth. Hmmm...

This has been said before but 'tis therapeutic getting it off the chest...The thing that galls me most about Steve Kean is that his behaviour (apparent lies and dismissal of poor performances) suggests lack of pride, self-esteem and morals. And that’s just because I think I’m like a lot of people in that when I go out to work, my sense of pride and self-esteem drive me on to try my best and certainly not to underperform on a frequent basis. If my department was underperforming frequently, I’d feel ashamed and try my best to do something about it. But after the many shocking results this season and last Kean’s demeanour and ‘excuses’ seem totally lacking in remorse or shame. I just can’t get my head round that or the fact that neither he, Eric Black or anyone else in the dressing room isn’t standing up to Karen Silk and shouting, “Knickers to your weekly budgets! If we don’t play the best players in their best positions we are going to be relegated!” The only way I can comprehend it is if there are other factors at play that negate personal feelings of pride, decency and self-worth. Hmmm...

Careful Dawn. Putting the words Silk and Knickers in such close proximity will get one or two on here very excited!!!

There's only one way to deal with this and that's for the press / media to boycott all pressers and pre and post match interviews and report as they see fit.

Never happen they all have their noses in the same trough and they would not want to bite the hands that feeds them. After all corruption is only something that happens in that nasty FIFA organisation. God forbid that English football could be corrupt.

Life under Steve Kean...

Blackburn Rovers

* Blackburn's pass completion rate of 59% v Bolton wasn't just the lowest in the Premier League, it was the lowest in Europe's top five leagues (England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France) this weekend.

* Only three of Paul Robinson's 23 long punts up the pitch actually reached a Blackburn teammate.

* Robinson's pass completion rate for the season stands at a woeful 24.8%. The next lowest of any PL goalkeeper is Sunderland's Simon Mignolet with 39.5%.

Life under Steve Kean...

I had to listen to a Bolton supporting mate tell me how bad we were and how surprised they were about the amount of long balls we tried. Especially Robinson. I couldn't argue with him.

If it's Kean's tactic, he's doing something wrong. If it's not Kean's tactic and they players have done it themselves then what is the point of Kean?

Are you just going to keep doing that? It wasn't funny the first time.

I was told that the link didn't work the first time. Other than that, lighten up you uptight prick; I thought the 'absolutely positive' part was ironically amusing. You don't? Ignore it then.

I was told that the link didn't work the first time. Other than that, lighten up you uptight prick; I thought the 'absolutely positive' part was ironically amusing. You don't? Ignore it then.

The link worked fine both times. No need to make up excuses..

Btw, I trust you'll receive a warning for calling me that.

The link worked fine both times. No need to make up excuses..

Btw, I trust you'll receive a warning for calling me that.

Check the ask admin section in the 'missing posts thread.'

'I trust' I will; I'm glad it'll make you feel better. You act provocative, and then cheer when the other person gets a warning? Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Check the ask admin section in the 'missing posts thread.'

'I trust' I will; I'm glad it'll make you feel better. You act provocative, and then cheer when the other person gets a warning? Hmmmmm. :rolleyes:

Right-oh Batman.

Provocative? Occasionally perhaps - it's a messageboard. Abusive? I'll leave that to the likes of yourself and I'll leave it to admin to decide what's acceptable and apply warnings consistently ;)

Carry on.

EDIT: checked the missing post thread. Your original link did work because I used it. Wish I hadn't bothered.

FERGUSON: ROVERS FANS MUST HAVE REGRETS

By Simon Stone, Press Association Sport Chief Football Writer

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Blackburn fans must be regretting their vitriolic attacks on manager Steve Kean.

The Rovers manager has come in for some fearful stick at times this season. David Moyes walked out of a pre-Christmas encounter with Bolton so disgusted was he at the treatment being meted out to his fellow Scot.At that point, Kean's departure seemed inevitable.

Amazingly though, he not only stayed but prospered. Not even the loss of skipper Christopher Samba has halted recent progress and of the five teams who have been sucked into the relegation scrap, Blackburn look most likely to survive.

``I am sure a lot of them are saying to themselves 'I wish I hadn't done that','' said Ferguson of the Blackburn fans. ``Things can change. You have to dig in and not let it get to you.

``Now no-one is talking about fans having protest marches.

``He has held his dignity very well and deserves 100% praise from everyone, including his own supporters. He has shown his mettle in times when it was difficult for him.''

Improvement came immediately after that Bolton debacle, when Rovers followed up a draw at Liverpool by beating United at Old Trafford. It was one of the most remarkable results in a season littered with staggering scorelines and is part of an impressive overall record against United.

Indeed, United make the short journey up the M61 on Monday looking to improve a woeful return of just two wins on their last 11 visits, even if the latest failure was a triumphant one as Wayne Rooney's penalty in May earned the point that clinched a record 19th title.

Nevertheless, it is a strange statistic and one that contrasts sharply with their return against other derby foes, Wigan and Bolton. ``I couldn't answer why,'' said Ferguson. ``When Blackburn score first they make it difficult for you, so maybe the answer is to make sure we keep our noses in front.''

FERGUSON: ROVERS FANS MUST HAVE REGRETS

By Simon Stone, Press Association Sport Chief Football Writer

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Blackburn fans must be regretting their vitriolic attacks on manager Steve Kean.

The Rovers manager has come in for some fearful stick at times this season. David Moyes walked out of a pre-Christmas encounter with Bolton so disgusted was he at the treatment being meted out to his fellow Scot.At that point, Kean's departure seemed inevitable.

Amazingly though, he not only stayed but prospered. Not even the loss of skipper Christopher Samba has halted recent progress and of the five teams who have been sucked into the relegation scrap, Blackburn look most likely to survive.

``I am sure a lot of them are saying to themselves 'I wish I hadn't done that','' said Ferguson of the Blackburn fans. ``Things can change. You have to dig in and not let it get to you.

``Now no-one is talking about fans having protest marches.

``He has held his dignity very well and deserves 100% praise from everyone, including his own supporters. He has shown his mettle in times when it was difficult for him.''

Improvement came immediately after that Bolton debacle, when Rovers followed up a draw at Liverpool by beating United at Old Trafford. It was one of the most remarkable results in a season littered with staggering scorelines and is part of an impressive overall record against United.

Indeed, United make the short journey up the M61 on Monday looking to improve a woeful return of just two wins on their last 11 visits, even if the latest failure was a triumphant one as Wayne Rooney's penalty in May earned the point that clinched a record 19th title.

Nevertheless, it is a strange statistic and one that contrasts sharply with their return against other derby foes, Wigan and Bolton. ``I couldn't answer why,'' said Ferguson. ``When Blackburn score first they make it difficult for you, so maybe the answer is to make sure we keep our noses in front.''

It really is a never ending circus of despair.

• Backroom

Meh, Ferguson said the same stuff last time we played them. He just wants Kean to stay in the job because we're easier to beat with Kean in charge (losing to us last time was quite shameful on Utd's part).

Ferguson had a very different opinion when Allardyce was sacked. But we're all expected to forget that now.

Archived