BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

Might need a left back

Unreal.

We have lost about 1,500 Premiership games with some of the lads who have left us. We need to have experience and combine that with the youth. We are trying to improve, so we keep looking.”

Then why let them leave?

Firstly, we need to maintain our status and then strengthen

Groundhog day.

Spouting off in the press yet again about signing more players makes me just think we'll see the same as all the other windows:

firesale.gif

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Martin Olson thing story is pure balls.

His brother has only just rocked up, now he wants a move.

He's an alright player Martin but hes not exactly been amazing for us, I cant really see anyone coming in for him either.

Lets see how he does in the euros anyway.

Unreal.

We have lost about 1,500 Premiership games with some of the lads who have left us. We need to have experience and combine that with the youth. We are trying to improve, so we keep looking.”

Then why let them leave?

Firstly, we need to maintain our status and then strengthen

Groundhog day.

You're assuming he wanted them all to be sold? Can't argue with what he's said to be honest. Spin? In this instance, its the sort of stuff every manager comes out with. Ultimately, we could have Mourinho in charge but if Venky's dont invest then we'll be down in a year regardless.

1500 games? What is going on there??

err.. they are talking about experience.. i.e. Emerton (275), Diouf (250), Nelsen (197), Zurub (90), Kalinic (53), Benjani (130), Samba (183), Jones (40), Roberts (155), Andrews (76) and the rest played more than 1500 premier league games between them.. while the replacements excluding Yakuba have a mere handful of games between them.

It's at this time of the season in this sort of position that experience really does count for allot especially those with leadership skills like Nelsen and Samba... one of the big key things for me that stood out in the summer and even more so now is how many hard working (how many of those I listed there would you fault for their workrate) players we have lost.

I think the Martin Olson thing story is pure balls.

His brother has only just rocked up, now he wants a move.

He's an alright player Martin but hes not exactly been amazing for us, I cant really see anyone coming in for him either.

Lets see how he does in the euros anyway.

Are we starting the "players are being shipped off to save money so we'll pretend they weren't that great anyway and won't be missed" early then?

Martin Olsson is one of our best players. It's not his fault goofy plays him at full back rather than in the wing.

Bemoaning lack of experience whilst not playing Givet doesn't add up - unless he's got an "injury". :rolleyes:

We need to make the media aware of this. They arent bothered with researching the blatant inconsistences in coco's statements. We as fans instead of infighting need to say.... Why has he got rid of 4 proven experienced players in MS JR KA and RN mid season and then lamented our inexperience? Only by bombarding the media with our grievances will our true voice be heard.

Nice try, lsp82, but do you honestly think the media give a hoot about the facts?

All the press care about is selling papers. Since Blackburn fans are only a tiny demographic of that, they go for the overarching theme of Steve Kean defying the knuckle-draggers who tried to hound him out the club.

Topman i agree with you. All im trying to do is find solutions to our problems rather thsn infight and mock each others viewpoint. I have no miracle cure i wish i had. From where i stand the main pronlem is the media view of us fans. Therefore our efforts and ideas need to be focusrd on putting our grievances in the spotlight of the media. Only when they know this will our standpoint be understood. (hopefully). How we do this is anyones guess, just throwing out suggestions.

apologies for the spelling on my phone. I have sent Mr Winter a list of questions i want anawered in an email and will send it to every journo i can. Not much but at least im trying. All this FF v BRAG nonsense isnt helping

No problem, I totally see where you're coming from. I can't really preach too much, because I'm still compelled to comment when I find blogs & articles eulogizing about our saint of a manager. I just can't help myself when I see another sucker spreading this myth that he's as much a victim as anyone else, if not more. The guy worms his way into the job through dubious means, spins whatever spiel he needs to humour the owners, openly insults the fanbase, and drags our winning percentage into relegation form, yet people are falling over themselves to big up what a tremendous job he has done here.

Did Kean tally up the 1500 amount - the attention to detail the man has got is phenomenal.

Such a deep thinker, such a great leader.

Well he counts the number of congratulatory letters he gets everyday!

No wonder he doesn't have time to marshall the defence.

Yet people are falling over themselves to big up what a tremendous job he has done here.

And this is what I really don't get. We keep saying that the journalists can't be bothered finding out the facts and would prefer to run with the poor Steve Kean story. But it's not like it takes a Panorama style undercover investigation (although one would be nice for the general mismanagement of the club) to see how far we have fallen under him. Before Sam's last game in charge we were 10th, 3 points off 6th. By end of the season we needed a last day victory to stay up. We have spent the majority of this season in or around the bottom three. Kean has a win record of 13 out of 51 Premiership games. What don't the media get?

We need to make the media aware of this. They arent bothered with researching the blatant inconsistences in coco's statements. We as fans instead of infighting need to say.... Why has he got rid of 4 proven experienced players in MS JR KA and RN mid season and then lamented our inexperience? Only by bombarding the media with our grievances will our true voice be heard.

Thing is, out of those 4 players only Nelsen would deserve a place in the team currently. We need experienced players, but ones that can still contribute, not ones that can act as backup.

Thing is, out of those 4 players only Nelsen would deserve a place in the team currently. We need experienced players, but ones that can still contribute, not ones that can act as backup.

How about Emerton, EHD, Phil Jones, Kalinic? The bloke has thrown out a full team and moans about no experience.

• Moderation Lead

How about Emerton, EHD, Phil Jones, Kalinic? The bloke has thrown out a full team and moans about no experience.

In reality, I don't think even under a proper manager we could have hoped to Phil Jones much longer than we did, Kalinic, well I was happy to see the back of, not like the Yak is inferior, bit gutted about Emerton and EHD though- both good experienced servants (particularly Emerton) who could play in a variety of positions.

In reality, I don't think even under a proper manager we could have hoped to Phil Jones much longer than we did, Kalinic, well I was happy to see the back of, not like the Yak is inferior, bit gutted about Emerton and EHD though- both good experienced servants (particularly Emerton) who could play in a variety of positions.

I have my suspicions about Allardyce's encouragement of Fergie's interest.

I reckon that relationship would have seen Phil Jones still here if Sam had not been potted - if only for 12 months, maybe under some kind of pre-contract arrangement.

But we'll never know.

Anyhow, Kean has overseen the shipping out (not even sales in most cases) of all the experience in the dressing room. He had no right to complain about it now.

If it was done without his consent, he should have walked, like countless other managers who do have pride and dignity. It's that simple.

Not the point though, there will always be players you don't personally rate, or would have been out the door anyway. But to see a full team of experience and quality leave and then hear the manager say how 'we need experience' and how our struggles are down to the 'world's youngest squad' sticks in my throat.

• Moderation Lead

Not the point though, there will always be players you don't personally rate, or would have been out the door anyway. But to see a full team of experience and quality leave and then hear the manager say how 'we need experience' and how our struggles are down to the 'world's youngest squad' sticks in my throat.

Of course, the contradictions (lies) regarding needing our most experienced players like Nelsen back then potting him on the sly saying he's injured, then he shows up playing for Spuds and banging a goal in no less.

Martin Olsson is one of our best players. It's not his fault goofy plays him at full back rather than in the wing.

Bemoaning lack of experience whilst not playing Givet doesn't add up - unless he's got an "injury". :rolleyes:

I agree - I like to see Martin on the wing - but there are lots of "experts" who do believe that he is finally starting to settle into the full back role. As a team - we do look overall more balanced with him at left back - though defensively he isn't as good as Givet.

Not sure I believe the conspiracy theories about Givet. To be honest - given the situation with Muamba - the club may just be trying to protect him until all the fuss dies down (sorry - another conspiracy theory :rolleyes: )

Of course, the contradictions (lies) regarding needing our most experienced players like Nelsen back then potting him on the sly saying he's injured, then he shows up playing for Spuds and banging a goal in no less.

I think we will see that these "experienced" players will be brought in either on cheap contracts - or on loan. As a tactic it isn't the worst - you loan in experience while the youngsters build up their own experience. For me the problem is one of continuity - but this way Rovers aren't saddled with long term expensive contracts for older players - which was probably the problem with players like Salgado and Nelsen.

Not sure I believe the conspiracy theories about Givet. To be honest - given the situation with Muamba - the club may just be trying to protect him until all the fuss dies down (sorry - another conspiracy theory :rolleyes: )

The Salgado and Nelsen situations have actually cemented my belief in there being more to player absences than "injuries". Therefore I see it as more than just an unfounded "conspiracy theory".

Archived