BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since he's publicly stated that he's happy to receive post and emails to his personal addresses, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few people on here sending him some more fan mail to his email address:

steve.kean@rocketmail.com

(definitely legit)

In reality, I don't think even under a proper manager we could have hoped to Phil Jones much longer than we did, Kalinic, well I was happy to see the back of, not like the Yak is inferior, bit gutted about Emerton and EHD though- both good experienced servants (particularly Emerton) who could play in a variety of positions.

why on earth would releasing a proven premier league rb and then shoving a 19 year midfielder in there baffle you. makes perfect sense to me.

He's one sick twisted individual. He must get a kick out of rubbing the fans up the wrong way.

He's taking a whopper of a risk antagonising the fans again by coming out with that stuff. Of course, we'd all love it Kevin Keegan stylee if we managed to get anything from Man U but if we don't and a bit of a spanking occurs, well... I could only foresee another 'natural, organic' reaction like the one v. Bolton back in December (although on a smaller scale because many of those participating have stopped coming to Ewood since).

Thats given me the usual nauseous feeling after reading an article about Coco.

It must be Wigan, Bolton Wolves and QPR fans writing to him. I'd have thought Burnley fans would be writing in praise of him but they cant write.

It must be Wigan, Bolton Wolves and QPR fans writing to him. I'd have thought Burnley fans would be writing in praise of him but they cant write.

I read a comment from a Wolves fan saying you couldn't make up what has happened to them recently and that if it was a novel nobody would believe it - my reply was Rovers fans would. Yet again more absolute twaddle from Kean - why does no journalist say "Prove it"? Unbelievable!

Actually, it's emails then it makes the Dingles prime suspects.

I bet our dexterous friends in West Yorkshire could tap out 500 emails an hour, let alone a day - each!

;)

''Irrespective of whether they stay up or not, Kean has shown his mettle dealing with the lack of support from both the fans and the owners. His demeanor and determination through adversity have won him much respect though not seemingly from the Blackburn fans. I think he will be approached by another EPL club in the off season and I would urge him to take it for himself.''

The above quote taken from the comments section on the Sun article shows a frightening insight into peoples general belief that Steve Kean has actually done a good job at Blackburn! This is months of JA, SK and lazy journos work coming to fruition. Paint Steve to look like the victim, the one who is whiter then white in all of this.

Since he's publicly stated that he's happy to receive post and emails to his personal addresses, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few people on here sending him some more fan mail to his email address:

steve.kean@rocketmail.com

(definitely legit)

Just emailed the no mark, will let people know if I get a reply

I think we will see that these "experienced" players will be brought in either on cheap contracts - or on loan. As a tactic it isn't the worst - you loan in experience while the youngsters build up their own experience. For me the problem is one of continuity - but this way Rovers aren't saddled with long term expensive contracts for older players - which was probably the problem with players like Salgado and Nelsen.

I honestly think you don't get it. What you've described is the worst. Its continuity of the kind that has us in relegation trouble. Unless substantial money is spent we will go down, if we don't go down this May

I just cannot understand how complacent you are.

Actually read this article in the paper in the butty shop at dinner (that's lunch to anyone south of Brum who might be reading!),I almost cancelled my order I was so infuriated!

What actually goes through his head when he says these things? Is is to deliberately antagonise us before a big game or is it what the nurses tell him when he returns to the nut ward after training!

"There there Stevie, it's alright, here's your tablets. Of course everyone loves you, we get so many letters everyday telling us so, some even said sorry for the nasty things they've been saying about you. It's OK, not long now til we can take the strait-jacket off!"

admin_images_30414.jpg

He just does not get it, although I think that a lot of these comments are inspired by someone who is always with him.

He has kept his trap shut for last few weeks and fans have got behind the team, these comments are just going to rile the fans, maybe he is expecting a loss against United so has gone out of his way to antagonise the fans so that there is a negative reaction which he can hide behind (ala the Bolton home game where the result was forgotten).

Why doesn't Coco just STFU. He makes me feel like throwing up.

Kean Grateful for Ferguson Support

Also Kean said: "We've lost Chris Samba but we've managed to put together a back four that's playing consistently and I don't think it's any coincidence that we're consistently picking up points now.

and in the case of Dann consistently crap.

another plane called for with a banner that says STEVE, WHO IS RIBEIRO? as the red arrows sky write his stats. Get the photo in the papers and get someone to answer the question.

Serious points that are utterly lost on the media, who exactly did we do a favour to when signing bruno/myles/slew/formica.........no club in our situation signs these sort of lightweight unproven pointless players.

Listening to Agnew on that Radio Lancs farce t'other week opened my eyes to what is going on inside the club.

There seems to be a siege mentality/cult of personality that has arisen around Kean, therefore any dissent from fans shows that they are not 'real supporters'- 'real fans support the club', for club see Steve Kean.

Case in point, the 'letters', Kean's view that 'the fans should confront the negative ones', the 'real fans go away', Hunt's view that the protests will see ST sales reduce- not Kean or Venky's, the DEnd searches.

Kean has become that powerful, those who do his bidding will go to any lengths to protect him, even if that is to the detriment of the club and its fans.

BRFC is there for Kean's benefit, not the other way round, Rovers fans being the placid bunch they are (were) meant this club was perfect for the Kean project. Little media scrutiny and fans that just get on with it.

However, since the fans rose up, an almighty smear campaign has arisen, from Anderson's interview to Agnew's 'well it's a damn shame he needs a bodyguard'. Nobody from the club has stood up for the fans and that is a very sad state of affairs.

Archived