BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

Meh, Ferguson said the same stuff last time we played them. He just wants Kean to stay in the job because we're easier to beat with Kean in charge (losing to us last time was quite shameful on Utd's part).

Ferguson had a very different opinion when Allardyce was sacked. But we're all expected to forget that now.

ferguson's on the mind games again - he wants us to roll over as a favour to them. When they put 6 or 7 past us on Monday will he care that we are still stuck with this idiot and that his comments are partly responsible? Will he heck. He'll just go on his merry way towards another title and forget us totally till next time he wants some easy points. I loved beating them at OT but don't beleive it's going to happen again at Ewood.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KEAN COMES TO DEFENCE OF REFEREES

[or KEAN LICKS FERGIE'S DERRIERE]

By Eleanor Crooks, Press Association Sport

Blackburn boss Steve Kean has backed up his Manchester United counterpart Sir Alex Ferguson in his assertion that the Barclays Premier League leaders do not enjoy preferential treatment from referees.

Manchester City's football development executive Patrick Vieira ramped up his war of words with United yesterday by claiming that United, along with the biggest clubs in Spain and Italy, are given favourable decisions on home soil.

Vieira's comments came after referee Michael Oliver failed to award a penalty for an apparent foul by Michael Carrick on Danny Murphy in United's 1-0 victory over Fulham on Monday.

Ferguson argued decisions even themselves out over a season, and Kean, whose side were put on their way to a stunning 3-2 win at Old Trafford in December by a penalty from Aiyegbeni Yakubu, agrees.

He said: ``There's been occasions this season where you get a decision and sometimes you don't. I believe they do even themselves out. I've always trusted the total integrity of referees, they can only give a decision the way they see it.

``We managed to get a penalty, which I thought it was, at Old Trafford. We didn't manage to get one on Saturday at Bolton, which I thought was as well.

``Sometimes referees could be in slightly better positions. When we had a decision that went against us at Norwich, when you look at the position the referee was in, it looked as though it was a deliberate handball.

``But we've always got the beauty of seeing it in high definition, six or seven different angles, frame by frame. I think the referees give what they see and I would never question that.''

Blackburn meet United for the second time this season on Monday when Ferguson's side travel to Ewood Park, and a repeat of their New Year's Eve heroics would be very timely after last weekend's defeat by Bolton brought them back within reach of the bottom three.

Rovers are still the best placed of the five strugglers to get out of trouble but, if results do not go their way over the weekend, they could find themselves back in the relegation zone by the time they kick off against United.

The departure of players such as Christopher Samba and Ryan Nelsen has left Blackburn with a young squad, and they were this week linked with a summer move for France international striker Andre-Pierre Gignac from Marseille.

Kean failed in his bid to bring in an experienced frontman in January, instead taking Anthony Modeste on loan from Bordeaux, but the Frenchman has not featured for almost two months and is yet to score a goal for Rovers.

Kean stopped short of confirming interest in Gignac, saying only: ``I'm an admirer of any good players, and he's a very good player.''

Of his search for a striker to complement the goals of Yakubu, he added: ``We tried in the last window and it was quite frustrating. We wanted an experienced striker but we didn't manager to get one. We managed to get a younger one in Anthony Modeste, who we took on loan, and we'll keep looking. We're always trying to improve.

``There's a number of players that are on the radar. We've got a very good network of scouts that flag up players in certain positions.''

It's all rollocks, be it from Ferguson or Kean.

The pre match 'presser' means feck all. It is the same lazy, cliche ridden tripe every week.

Statement 1: Praise the team you are playing, no matter how crap they are

Statement 2: Repeat Statement 1, but change 'team' for 'manager'.

Statement 3: Great week of training 'under our belt'

Statement 4: We are taking one game at a time.

*End presser*, later shown on an hourly loop by SSNews.

It's just moving wallpaper.

Steve Kean has become bigger than our club. Sad but it's true. The pressing matter regarding our current state isn't the downfall of one of the oldest and proudest clubs in English football, senior players being booted out the backdoor, or Venky's general anonymity towards their own investment, it's how much of a martyr our manager is for sticking out a job he should never have been handed in the first place.

It does amaze me that, even though it's expedient to see the fans as some faceless entity, they haven't garnered any substantial sympathy from the media. The fans are by and large average, working Joes who have paid good money to support their team week in, week out, and yet they're made to look like villains of the piece because they expressed unrest at seeing their club completely derailed by negligent owners and their puppet manager. Boggles the noggin, so it does.

``I am sure a lot of them are saying to themselves 'I wish I hadn't done that','' said Ferguson of the Blackburn fans.

Nope.

Seriously though, there's no point in getting ourselves into a frenzy over comments during pre-match conference time. RFW just wants as easy a time as possible in what has, in recent times, been a tough hunting ground for him.

Wonder if he's been in touch with Kean about his favourite red - probably two. It's not like he needs to drive home afterwards... :rolleyes:

Very well put Topman.You can see Kean now almost rubbing himself with glee at seeing these comments from his buddy wee Sir Alex....makes you want to throw up.

Regret what exactly?....were right in the thick of a fookin relegation battle unless matters have escaped me and still with the blundering Teflon gobshyte at the helm :huh:

Amazingly though, he not only stayed but prospered.

This line really annoyed me - yes, he stayed and prospered financially whilst the club is still glued to the bottom of the table and limps on p[icking up the odd win just to raise fans' hopes only to dash them next week.

The man is still a c**k

Fergie is a to$$er as well and it is well documented over the years how much he despises Rovers so his little pep talk is to try and fase Mr Kean into a sense of "friendship". We all know that Rovers are lambs to the slaughter on Monday, its the game where he knows United will no doubt equalise their goal difference.

So fergies riles the fans prior to our match, hoping that his comments will incense the crowd and aid Uniteds cause.

Won't aid united's cause at all to get me annoyed because I'll be sitting on my terrace in france listening on 5 live. Missing liverpool too. Normally I'd be really angry but this year i find I'll be mildly irritated but the sunset over the Baie de Douarnenez will doubtless compensate adequately.

Kean stopped short of confirming interest in Gignac, saying only: ``I'm an admirer of any good players, and he's a very good player".

That is why we bought quality players like Anderson, Ribiero, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Dann, Modeste, Orr.

That is why we bought quality players like Anderson, Ribiero, Goodwillie, Petrovic, Dann, Modeste, Orr.

If we got Gignac it wouldn't improve us anyway - his time was a few years ago and he's not exactly pulled up any trees in the French league over the last couple of seasons.

Won't aid united's cause at all to get me annoyed because I'll be sitting on my terrace in france listening on 5 live. Missing liverpool too. Normally I'd be really angry but this year i find I'll be mildly irritated but the sunset over the Baie de Douarnenez will doubtless compensate adequately.

Ah! the sardine trail area

On performances so far, bit harsh

Of the ones we have seen performances have indicated they are not good enough. Of course Ribiero and Anderson might be coiled springs ready to launch in the Championship next year

Blackburn boss Steve Kean is pleading with owners Venky's to give him the money to bring in some old heads for next season.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Blackburn-aim-to-sign-experienced-players-to-help-talented-kids-blossom-article884411.html

Unreal.

We have lost about 1,500 Premiership games with some of the lads who have left us. We need to have experience and combine that with the youth. We are trying to improve, so we keep looking.”

Then why let them leave?

Firstly, we need to maintain our status and then strengthen

Groundhog day.

• Backroom

One thing he is correct in saying is that we have a very talented bunch of young players coming through once more.

It's just a tragedy they're attempting to mature under Venky's management.

Unreal.

We have lost about 1,500 Premiership games with some of the lads who have left us. We need to have experience and combine that with the youth. We are trying to improve, so we keep looking.”

Then why let them leave?

Firstly, we need to maintain our status and then strengthen

Groundhog day.

Said it all there! And if the objective was to get them off the pay bill (and it clearly was) then what's the point of pushing wage costs up again (from Venkys point of view)?

Still, well done Steve for getting rid of all that "deadwood"! :wacko:

Will he ever learn to shut his mouth and stop lying/spinning?

We had plenty of experience and leadership in people like Nelsen, Salgado, Andrews and Roberts.

Kean fell out with them, some because they spoke up against his complete mismanagement of the club, and out they went.

Of the ones we have seen performances have indicated they are not good enough. Of course Ribiero and Anderson might be coiled springs ready to launch in the Championship next year

I was highlighting Orr. I'm not arguing with ribiero et al

Archived