BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

And replace him with whom ? Don't get me wrong I don't like Kean but unless we bring in someone guaranteed to improve the club (and I don't mean the likes of Bruce or Curbishley) then changing the manager is likely to do more harm than good. Rovers need stability and much as it pains me to write this provided we avoid relegation Kean (and Black) should stay next season.

I agree wholeheartedly. Maybe I should've qualified my "rain hail or shine comment".

We need the right rooster to come in.

I'd take Curbs. I wouldn't take Bruce.

I also agree about Black. It looks as though he will be a good number 2 for Kean. Great to have him here. We've a healthy points tally since he arrived.

Oh the joys of being a Rover.

Up. Down. Flying around.

Looping the loop. And defying the ground ...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really don't get it. Kean hasn't changed. He's still, as my friend who shared a bottle of wine with him said (putting it politely) a plonker. He's still a liar. He still shows total and utter contempt for fans, trying to smarm round us with how magnificent we've been recently and suggesting we're back on board, when most of us are far from it but know he's going nowhere and therefore are sensibly ignoring everything he says and just concentrating on cheering the players on. We are still far from safe and a half way decent run from Bolton or QPR could see us relegated quite easily. I still hate the sight of his face grining from ear to ear. I still find it impossible to listen to his interviews. I still don't want him anywhere near my club. I know he's here to stay but that doesn't mean I have to want him or show him any support.

+1

you can't except the fact kean is improving

Sure I can. And even with his "improvement", he's still not good enough.

This is the kinda crap the media come out with - 'He hasn't lost the dressing room.'

So even WITH the player's backing he's a useless excuse for a manager? Rightyo.

+1

It defies belief that the article says fans can't see the bigger picture when the journalist himself blatantly can't. Why has nobody ever asked why fans known for being relatively peaceful and not demanding the managers' heads turned on Kean in such numbers? And why do they insist on "he needs a bodyguard to go to the ground" when a quick check around brockhall and Ewood would show that to be totally false - there is no such need as there is nobody lurking in either place intent on doing him harm. Yet still this myth of the rogue Blackburn hitmen lurking in bushes with sniper rifles or whatever persists. Kean was and still is hated firstly because of his appalling record, and then because, when the fans started to question it, instead of saying "Yes, it is awful and things are not going well at the moment but we're convinced with your help we can turn it around" however he chose to word that, he turned on the fans (where's the dignity in that then) tried to vilify them and divide them. We are not the villains of the piece, and I for one am tired of being made out to be one. I've never heard the level of abuse we're supposed to have directed at him - the worst I've heard is "Kean out!" only perhaps less politely expressed by some. It did come from all corners of the ground and therefore was very noticeable at the Bolton game, but since the media, although they have conveniently forgotten this, were also saying he was likely to go at that stage, that's hardly surprising. How can they even begin to suggest him as Manager of the Year when for most of the year we have languished in the bottom 5 and for a fair proportion in the bottom 3? It's a joke and we should keep checking the date because April 1st is not too far away.

Jim's hit the nail on the head, he's not lost the players, not at any stage of the season. They have all played for him which makes you think that despite the propaganda they may actually like him and be playing for him,

it could also be seen that he has formed a team that would'nt say anything against him.

if you look at the 1st 11 and break it down

Hoilett is in the shop window right now never in a million reasons signing on under kean and motivated to play as well as he can for a big move.

Formica, lowe, dann, hanley,yak, marcus all owe either being here or the amount of games they have gotten to kean either signing them or freezing out or selling better players who disagreed with the clown.I also think the Yak is thinking shop window time as well right now.

N'zonzi and robbo, robbos been awful this season and 2 games against teams so poor they could'nt muster a chance does'nt hide that and N'zonzi seems anything but happy.

Peds and martin, we are in negative equity with peds and he knows his wages far exeed his abilities to repay so will never complain and martins just plodding on and is nowt spectacular for a 23 year old who i guess now is'nt going to improve a hell of a lot and suddenly discover composure.

Not buying they are playing for him and they'd all be sh1t under another manager in the slightest, i think a number of them would'nt see the 1st 11 under another manager and with anyone else i'm sure we'd be a better more difficult team to beat.

Kean out.

It defies belief that the article says fans can't see the bigger picture when the journalist himself blatantly can't. Why has nobody ever asked why fans known for being relatively peaceful and not demanding the managers' heads turned on Kean in such numbers? And why do they insist on "he needs a bodyguard to go to the ground" when a quick check around brockhall and Ewood would show that to be totally false - there is no such need as there is nobody lurking in either place intent on doing him harm. Yet still this myth of the rogue Blackburn hitmen lurking in bushes with sniper rifles or whatever persists. Kean was and still is hated firstly because of his appalling record, and then because, when the fans started to question it, instead of saying "Yes, it is awful and things are not going well at the moment but we're convinced with your help we can turn it around" however he chose to word that, he turned on the fans (where's the dignity in that then) tried to vilify them and divide them. We are not the villains of the piece, and I for one am tired of being made out to be one. I've never heard the level of abuse we're supposed to have directed at him - the worst I've heard is "Kean out!" only perhaps less politely expressed by some. It did come from all corners of the ground and therefore was very noticeable at the Bolton game, but since the media, although they have conveniently forgotten this, were also saying he was likely to go at that stage, that's hardly surprising. How can they even begin to suggest him as Manager of the Year when for most of the year we have languished in the bottom 5 and for a fair proportion in the bottom 3? It's a joke and we should keep checking the date because April 1st is not too far away.

It's basically half-assed, sensationalist journalism. On the surface, it probably does look like an epic triumph over adversity for our dear Steve Kean, who comes across as a media darling when the cameras are rolling. It's just too bad the hacks in the business haven't bothered to keep up with Blackburn Roves over the years and how far the club has come. This club has now become nothing but the 'Steve Kean Show'. Even when we do manage a couple of decent results they're inevitably soured by the backlash against the fans by the media and their lauding of our martyr of a manager. The guy beats a woeful Wolves side and beleaguered Sunderland and suddenly he's Manager of the Year material? Even some of our own fans are falling for it, but you can't blame them too much for clinging to whatever shred of hope they can find.

The media have never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Namely:

1) We were a mid-table, top 10 side before Kean took over.

2) Steve Kean is only a PL manager BECAUSE of Venky's.

3) He's only 'stuck the job out' because he's a sell-out who knows he'll never work anywhere else. How is that a plus point? Any manager with dignity would've walked after the treatment from Venky's. Then again, most men aren't Steve Kean.

3) The man has lied through his teeth since day one. ("I told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions") Next day... 'Steve Kean signs new contract!' And that's not even the worst of it.

4) The myth that he NEEDS a bodyguard. Like you said, Gumboots, has there been any direct threat on his safety? A few murmurs about what restaurant he was eating in? Again, just more PR spin to paint himself as a victim in the media. Which has obviously had the desired effect.

This "club's" a running joke.

It's basically half-assed, sensationalist journalism. On the surface, it probably does look like an epic triumph over adversity for our dear Steve Kean, who comes across as a media darling when the cameras are rolling. It's just too bad the hacks in the business haven't bothered to keep up with Blackburn Roves over the years and how far the club has come. This club has now become nothing but the 'Steve Kean Show'. Even when we do manage a couple of decent results they're inevitably soured by the backlash against the fans by the media and their lauding of our martyr of a manager. The guy beats a woeful Wolves side and beleaguered Sunderland and suddenly he's Manager of the Year material? Even some of our own fans are falling for it, but you can't blame them too much for clinging to whatever shred of hope they can find.

The media have never let the truth get in the way of a good story. Namely:

1) We were a mid-table, top 10 side before Kean took over.

2) Steve Kean is only a PL manager BECAUSE of Venky's.

3) He's only 'stuck the job out' because he's a sell-out who knows he'll never work anywhere else. How is that a plus point? Any manager with dignity would've walked after the treatment from Venky's. Then again, most men aren't Steve Kean.

3) The man has lied through his teeth since day one. ("I told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions") Next day... 'Steve Kean signs new contract!' And that's not even the worst of it.

4) The myth that he NEEDS a bodyguard. Like you said, Gumboots, has there been any direct threat on his safety? A few murmurs about what restaurant he was eating in? Again, just more PR spin to paint himself as a victim in the media. Which has obviously had the desired effect.

This "club's" a running joke.

Good points. This is the sort of thing that needs to be posted on every Kean-friendly blog (such as the Guardian article highlighted earlier in the week). There are Rovers supporters on there singing Steve Kean's praises.

it could also be seen that he has formed a team that would'nt say anything against him.

if you look at the 1st 11 and break it down

Hoilett is in the shop window right now never in a million reasons signing on under kean and motivated to play as well as he can for a big move.

Formica, lowe, dann, hanley,yak, marcus all owe either being here or the amount of games they have gotten to kean either signing them or freezing out or selling better players who disagreed with the clown.I also think the Yak is thinking shop window time as well right now.

N'zonzi and robbo, robbos been awful this season and 2 games against teams so poor they could'nt muster a chance does'nt hide that and N'zonzi seems anything but happy.

Peds and martin, we are in negative equity with peds and he knows his wages far exeed his abilities to repay so will never complain and martins just plodding on and is nowt spectacular for a 23 year old who i guess now is'nt going to improve a hell of a lot and suddenly discover composure.

Not buying they are playing for him and they'd all be sh1t under another manager in the slightest, i think a number of them would'nt see the 1st 11 under another manager and with anyone else i'm sure we'd be a better more difficult team to beat.

Kean out.

how about abit of positivity??

Bit of positivity?

Alright - sack Kean, replace him with a competent and experienced manager and we can look forward to being a well organised side not constantly in fear of relegation again.

:tu:

Does Kean have a bodyguard AND a chauffeur?

i'd like to know how much the club pays them........instant savings to add to the immeasurable positives that would come from showing him the door and then explaining to the clown how to use it, probably has'nt opened a door by himself for months with a body guard 24/7 and a driver bet he feels like royalty.

OK Here's some positivity for you!

1. 1229:

Former Blackburn midfielder Robbie Savage on Football Focus: "Steve Kean has stuck at it, turned results around and success for him will be keeping Blackburn in the Premier League. I think he's doing a great job. Fair play to the guy, he's made me change my mind because I thought he should have gone."

• Former Blackburn Rovers captain Colin Hendry has praised manager Steve Kean for the way he has handled a difficult year at Ewood Park.

The Scottish boss has endured a torrid time since he replaced Sam Allardyce as manager in January 2011 with the club’s fans continuously protesting about his role at the club and owners Venky’s.

But with Blackburn edging out of the relegation zone and up to 16th in the Premier League table after a recent good run of form, which has seen them only lose one in their last five games.

Hendry believes you can’t deny that the manager and his players have done a brilliant job in troubled times for the club.

“[steve Kean] has handled himself with great dignity and throughout all the protests. He’s done a really, really great job and now he’s battled through all the criticism and everything else and every credit to him and the players.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120324/exclusive-hendry-kean-has-handled-himself-great-dignity-167007

• Backroom

Nothing about Steve Kean is dignified. I'm willing to give him grudging praise for our form since we drew with Liverpool (excluding the Arsenal match of course) but he's got no dignity, no class and no honour. Short of saving a drowning puppy I don't think he'll ever do enough to make me consider him a dignified man.

Saying that, his dignity is largely irrelevant to me anyway. If he gets us winning it doesn't matter.

But I don't think he's a good enough manager to ever maintain a good run of form. I hope he proves me wrong, because I don't think he's going anywhere any time soon.

OK Here's some positivity for you!

1. 1229:

Former Blackburn midfielder Robbie Savage on Football Focus: "Steve Kean has stuck at it, turned results around and success for him will be keeping Blackburn in the Premier League. I think he's doing a great job. Fair play to the guy, he's made me change my mind because I thought he should have gone."

• Former Blackburn Rovers captain Colin Hendry has praised manager Steve Kean for the way he has handled a difficult year at Ewood Park.

The Scottish boss has endured a torrid time since he replaced Sam Allardyce as manager in January 2011 with the club’s fans continuously protesting about his role at the club and owners Venky’s.

But with Blackburn edging out of the relegation zone and up to 16th in the Premier League table after a recent good run of form, which has seen them only lose one in their last five games.

Hendry believes you can’t deny that the manager and his players have done a brilliant job in troubled times for the club.

“[steve Kean] has handled himself with great dignity and throughout all the protests. He’s done a really, really great job and now he’s battled through all the criticism and everything else and every credit to him and the players.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/120324/exclusive-hendry-kean-has-handled-himself-great-dignity-167007

i was talking about 1995's post, he has nothing good to say about the team at all, its not all that bad!

Let's see if the wind-up merchants retreat back to under their rocks after today's result or remain defiant that Kean is doing an amazing job and deserves Manager of the Year.

28 points from 30 games after today, barely above the drop zone and still with the clueless Kean in charge.

Horrible.

has anyone noticed an ex burnley manager managing against rovers and ex rovers manager managing against burnley today!!! oops wrong thread

I was going to wait until one of the anti-Sam brigade mentioned him, but since you have...

Kean and Sam both 0-2 at HT.

Kean has no idea how to react and we lose.

Sam makes changes, tactics and motivates his team to draw 2-2 and should have won.

This is the difference between Kean and a 'proper' manager.

If he survives relegation he'll be my manager of the year .I mean would be an amazing achievement at a club where every thing is so wrong from top to bottom.

And why are things so wrong from top to bottom? Two words Venkys, Kean

Archived