BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The all new Super Steve 'Coco' Kean Thread!

Stick or Twist this summer?  

687 members have voted

1. 1. So stay up or go down should we keep Super Steve 'Coco' Kean at the helm for next season??

• Keep - But only if we stay up
    • Keep - Even if relegated
    • Sack - But only if we go down
    • Sack - Even if we stay up
    • Just like a puppet I have no opinion

Listening to Agnew on that Radio Lancs farce t'other week opened my eyes to what is going on inside the club.

There seems to be a siege mentality/cult of personality that has arisen around Kean, therefore any dissent from fans shows that they are not 'real supporters'- 'real fans support the club', for club see Steve Kean.

Case in point, the 'letters', Kean's view that 'the fans should confront the negative ones', the 'real fans go away', Hunt's view that the protests will see ST sales reduce- not Kean or Venky's, the DEnd searches.

Kean has become that powerful, those who do his bidding will go to any lengths to protect him, even if that is to the detriment of the club and its fans.

BRFC is there for Kean's benefit, not the other way round, Rovers fans being the placid bunch they are (were) meant this club was perfect for the Kean project. Little media scrutiny and fans that just get on with it.

However, since the fans rose up, an almighty smear campaign has arisen, from Anderson's interview to Agnew's 'well it's a damn shame he needs a bodyguard'. Nobody from the club has stood up for the fans and that is a very sad stage of affairs.

A very well put post

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kean is all powerful at the club. He got me arrested when i shouted out my thoughts to him. I never swore but 2 mins later at half-time i was arrested for being drunk. I'm not usually drunk after one pint. The cops at the station seemed confused why i'd been arrested. I heard 2 of them saying its the Kean effect and he's caused nothing but trouble since he's become the manager.

Kean is all powerful at the club. He got me arrested when i shouted out my thoughts to him. I never swore but 2 mins later at half-time i was arrested for being drunk. I'm not usually drunk after one pint. The cops at the station seemed confused why i'd been arrested. I heard 2 of them saying its the Kean effect and he's caused nothing but trouble since he's become the manager.

Maybe they should arrest him, then?

Level on points with 18th place.

Does all seem so rosy in the Rovers garden now Steve?

"I think it has changed now. The atmosphere has been very positive home and away. I said it would improve if we got results and a lot of fans have sent messages of admission they were a bit negative. I never doubted my own ability and we have come through it."

Aye, home and hosed.

"I think it has changed now. The atmosphere has been very positive home and away. I said it would improve if we got results and a lot of fans have sent messages of admission they were a bit negative. I never doubted my own ability and we have come through it."

Aye, home and hosed.

Makes you cringe doesn't it! After a couple of wins Kean had the chance to show a bit of class and claim "There's a long way for us to go", "Much more hard work is required to stay in this league" etc.... But nope, why waste a good and totally inappropriate chance to gloat?

Less is more Steve. Less is more.

And i'm not referring to less class, less Premier League players, less season ticket holders, less board members / directors, less communication with fans or less league points. I am referring to less bullshyte!

Makes you cringe doesn't it! After a couple of wins Kean had the chance to show a bit of class and claim "There's a long way for us to go", "Much more hard work is required to stay in this league" etc.... But nope, why waste a good and totally inappropriate chance to gloat?

The weird thing is that he doesn't NEED to fight his corner. If his back was against the wall and he was under pressure, then sure, that might go some way to explaining his deluded ramblings. But he's got pundits, journalists, ex-pros and rival fans making excuses for him left, right and centre. All he needs to do is sit back and take the plaudits. Instead, he feels compelled to be a smug pr*ck and bait the fans with these arrogant and deceitful comments.

The weird thing is that he doesn't NEED to fight his corner. If his back was against the wall and he was under pressure, then sure, that might go some way to explaining his deluded ramblings. But he's got pundits, journalists, ex-pros and rival fans making excuses for him left, right and centre. All he needs to do is sit back and take the plaudits. Instead, he feels compelled to be a smug pr*ck and bait the fans with these arrogant and deceitful comments.

Because he's an obnoxious, arrogant man who thinks he now has the job and status a man of his talent deserves. How dare nomarks like us not think the same.

Level on points with 18th place.

Does all seem so rosy in the Rovers garden now Steve?

Level on points with 19th place.

Level on points and GD with 18th.

Lose to United on Monday and we are back in the relegation places.

Listening to Agnew on that Radio Lancs farce t'other week opened my eyes to what is going on inside the club.

There seems to be a siege mentality/cult of personality that has arisen around Kean, therefore any dissent from fans shows that they are not 'real supporters'- 'real fans support the club', for club see Steve Kean.

Case in point, the 'letters', Kean's view that 'the fans should confront the negative ones', the 'real fans go away', Hunt's view that the protests will see ST sales reduce- not Kean or Venky's, the DEnd searches.

Kean has become that powerful, those who do his bidding will go to any lengths to protect him, even if that is to the detriment of the club and its fans.

BRFC is there for Kean's benefit, not the other way round, Rovers fans being the placid bunch they are (were) meant this club was perfect for the Kean project. Little media scrutiny and fans that just get on with it.

However, since the fans rose up, an almighty smear campaign has arisen, from Anderson's interview to Agnew's 'well it's a damn shame he needs a bodyguard'. Nobody from the club has stood up for the fans and that is a very sad state of affairs.

Very well put Matty and I too believe this to be not far from the truth.This whole situation at Rovers has been well engineered and thought through....its cold, calculated and very sinister indeed.

I honestly think you don't get it. What you've described is the worst. Its continuity of the kind that has us in relegation trouble. Unless substantial money is spent we will go down, if we don't go down this May

I just cannot understand how complacent you are.

I don't think he gets what league we're playing in 47er.

"A hell of a lot of Blackburn fans have sent messages of admission that they were a bit negative, but it's now great that we're going in the right direction," the Rovers boss said.

"That's always nice to read. We've got positive feedback. We've got mail, e-mails and people personally coming up to me - day in and day out from supporters and football fans all over. It has changed now."

He has been getting 500 letters a week since before Christmas I wouldn't have thought that there was anyone left to write to him.

The more power he gets the more deluded he gets. The more the media pamper to his whims the more he descends into the parallel universe he seems to have created for himself.

Unfortunately we didn't go the right direction today. I now think that we will have a very good idea what is going to happen after the LIverpool game. I honestly believe we will lose our next three games whilst Bolton, QPR and Wigan will pick up at least 3 points each.

No talent and no class, a proper slimy leech

In the tv series spartacus there is the backstabbing detestable syrian character......"if steve kean was around 2000 years ago", must have been what the casting agent said to the actor to get the part.

In the tv series spartacus there is the backstabbing detestable syrian character......"if steve kean was around 2000 years ago", must have been what the casting agent said to the actor to get the part.

Except Ashur is actually likeable.

"A hell of a lot of Blackburn fans have sent messages of admission that they were a bit negative, but it's now great that we're going in the right direction," the Rovers boss said.

"That's always nice to read. We've got positive feedback. We've got mail, e-mails and people personally coming up to me - day in and day out from supporters and football fans all over. It has changed now."

hfocover.jpg

• Backroom
'We've got a real nice run of games now. I would like to think over the next three games, Sunderland, West Brom and Bolton, we will get ourselves out of the position we are in.'

We lost all three of those matches :lol: that's what the Manager of the Year is all about.

Horrific day for us results wise. Just shows what these so called experts/pundits know. Will they still want Coco as manager of the year after the Chelsea game? How many times do we have to listen to Coco's name-dropping. 'Alex has said this, David has said that, Owen has said this, Harry has said the England jobs mine if his nervous twitches get any worse'.

Will Hong Kong Phooey be losing his job now that Kean can walk the streets of Blackburn feeling the love from Rovers fans?

Results today could hardly of got any worse for us.. 3/4 of the teams below us winning and we are now joint 2nd from bottom before goal dif, a big part of me fears our utter lack of experience and the ability of the 3 managers directly below us to motivate their teams in times of need... Martinez has been here before, Coyle is a guy who can motivate and hughes we know all to well, I do believe we still have the strongest first team out of the pack (excluding a born leader type) but by far the worst manager. Got a feeling this will be the ultimate edge of the seat finish to any premier league season but with us falling at the final fence.

My money is now on Wigan and QPR staying up.

Way to go Coco from a team 3pts from the top 6 to one of the relegation favourites and some of the most inept displays I have ever seen, funny thing is you knew what was wrong like the rest (openly stating interest in players in positions or with the experience we needed filling then signing those in positions already filled and then not playing them) of us but just made it worse.

Sadly it is time to back the team no matter who is in charge no matter what, the time for the protests is IMO over, but that clown and his psychiatrist/self help guru need to go no matter what happens.

Archived