BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Isn't the choice of a legend a personal one. I agree both are legends but to say they are the only two is a little harsh considering what has been achieved over that period. The admiral has to be added no discussion. For me Duff also should be there, but everyone has their own picks. I'm sure I have forgotten a few more.

Isn't it interesting to see that everyone's local hero is not even considered? Perhaps folk are starting to see that he's been more than happy to sit on his arse for the best part of 3 years collecting a wage, every now and again chirping in to defend the indefensible.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nah, I'd have Dunny in there but what's the point of mentioning that on here? Clearly he's not well liked by many posters, what shall we do, have the same old arguments that have been done to death? No thanks. In fact "Boo! Down with Dunn and this sort of thing".

Nah, I'd have Dunny in there but what's the point of mentioning that on here? Clearly he's not well liked by many posters, what shall we do, have the same old arguments that have been done to death? No thanks. In fact "Boo! Down with Dunn and this sort of thing".

Much talk about Pederson 'cheating' the club out of his wages but Dunny has cheated us out of a hell of a lot more through metaphorically holding his hand out on Fridays and then warming his arse on Saturdays!

Our future history will reveal both as very fine players with Dunny especially an exceptional talent which he has squandered simply through the major injury problem that he is afflicted with..... the one between his ears. I'm very surprised Bob that you have ignored his failings so easily.

Think most people on here are going round in circles :(

One thing is for sure by all the posts and threads on this forum that in our current squad you guys don't really rate anyone apart from Rhodes so what does that say about us?

Why not start backing the team rather than being so negative about everyone and maybe we'll see some happier times ahead. Not whilst we're constantly slating our best and most professional of players we won't

Much talk about Pederson 'cheating' the club out of his wages but Dunny has cheated us out of a hell of a lot more through metaphorically holding his hand out on Fridays and then warming his arse on Saturdays!

Our future history will reveal both as very fine players with Dunny especially an exceptional talent which he has squandered simply through the major injury problem that he is afflicted with..... the one between his ears. I'm very surprised Bob that you have ignored his failings so easily.

Can i just ask what you would do in their situation?

But Your looking to start arguments with that antagonistic post, dunns was a very good player at his best, but if he wasn't a ' local lad' i doubt he'd have been given a 2nd chance after leaving to 'progress his career' at Birmingham.

But Your looking to start arguments with that antagonistic post, dunns was a very good player at his best, but if he wasn't a ' local lad' i doubt he'd have been given a 2nd chance after leaving to 'progress his career' at Birmingham.

careful-now.jpg

Why wouldn't you give him a second chance here?

Are you forgetting that when Dunn was at his best he was playing alongside Hughes who was manager when Dunn resigned? If anyone knew what Dunn was capable of it was Hughes.

Dunny gets so much stick on here and some of it is justified but last season apart from Rhodes he was the only person that created anything in that side.

C'mon Bob, let's be fair, he has winged it for a fair few seasons, living off the back of his time here with duffer, jansen, sourness, promotion team...he had a couple of good seasons, lost the plot, sourness got shut due to his bad attitude and since then he's been @#/? on the whole....Many more worthy of legendary status.

Whose situation? Ped/Dunne/BRFC?

Dunn and Pedersen. :)

C'mon Bob, let's be fair, he has winged it for a fair few seasons, living off the back of his time here with duffer, jansen, sourness, promotion team...he had a couple of good seasons, lost the plot, sourness got shut due to his bad attitude and since then he's been kean on the whole....Many more worthy of legendary status.

LOL Souness got shut because he thought he was a "Playboy" and then he went out and bought Dwight Yorke. :)

Isn't it interesting to see that everyone's local hero is not even considered? Perhaps folk are starting to see that he's been more than happy to sit on his arse for the best part of 3 years collecting a wage, every now and again chirping in to defend the indefensible.

To be honest something similar crossed my mind but he really isn't on any list of legends I would put together, for several reasons.

How good a team is doesn't depend on how well known it is. In 2010-11 in the CL, Copenhagen beat Panathanikos home and away, drew at home to Barcelona and drew away at Chelsea. You've heard of those teams I assume?

Yeah Rovers were a good side then as well. Karabukspor ? It's like the two little kids in the ad, " Accrington Stanley ! Who are they ".

If dunn wasnt a 'local lad' he'd be in purgatory with orr now because of some of the things he's said and done since venkys arrival.

Get over it bud, All was forgiven when he equalised against the Dingles to stop us being beaten by them for over 34 years.

Don't understand why Rovers fans can't get behind local lads rather than slating them

It's all rubbish. Morten Gamst Pedersen, absolutely bloody rubbish, melt him down and he'd make rubbish glue. David Dunn? Absolute rubbish. Legend? Don't talk rubbish. Shearer? Shearer!? Absolute rubbish. It's all rubbish. King Kenny?!? King Rubbish more like. Now Zidane would have been good, but no, we didn't sign him - bloody rubbish again. It's all absolute rubbish.

Run out of your medication again have you Bob?

Yes, well, sorry about that theno. A @#/? long day all round at work. Now I've had some medication in wine form - all is well.

However when Capt Negative turns up, a man without a good word to say about anything BRFC - seemingly forever - tells me and Roveranout to GET REAL over our support for Dunn he can shove it up his flute. IMO.

But yes, it was nice to see the vid of Rovers turning Derby over on the other thread. What a day that was. Nigh on the culmination of 25 years fighting to get back to the top tier. The old fellas were probably stood in the Enclosure moaning then as well. "we should have had five, bloody Speedie." Meanwhile lets all moan like @#/?.

Anyway, has Morten gone yet?

Yes, well, sorry about that theno. A kean long day all round at work. Now I've had some medication in wine form - all is well.

However when Capt Negative turns up, a man without a good word to say about anything BRFC - seemingly forever - tells me and Roveranout to GET REAL over our support for Dunn he can shove it up his flute. IMO.

But yes, it was nice to see the vid of Rovers turning Derby over on the other thread. What a day that was. Nigh on the culmination of 25 years fighting to get back to the top tier. The old fellas were probably stood in the Enclosure moaning then as well. "we should have had five, bloody Speedie." Meanwhile lets all moan like Kean.

So much to appreciate in those clips!

The hair, the stands, the noise, the amount of people in the ground, the 0254 dialling code on the hoardings, the total disregard for health and safety, the shorts, the way the ball rolled somewhat akin to an orange... I should be very jealous of anyone there and I am.

Yes, well, sorry about that theno. A kean long day all round at work. Now I've had some medication in wine form - all is well.

But yes, it was nice to see the vid of Rovers turning Derby over on the other thread. What a day that was. Nigh on the culmination of 25 years fighting to get back to the top tier. The old fellas were probably stood in the Enclosure moaning then as well. "we should have had five, bloody Speedie." Meanwhile lets all moan like Kean.

Bloody linesman more like Bob. No way on earth was SG offside.

The hair, the stands, the noise, the amount of people in the ground, the 0254 dialling code on the hoardings, the total disregard for health and safety, the shorts, the way the ball rolled somewhat akin to an orange... I should be very jealous of anyone there and I am.

When remembering the games and watching the matches I felt sorry for younger fans who had never seen those matches. Yes the PL win and Worthington Cup success were amazing times for any Rovers fan, but for me I was just as happy in a different way watching us at the lower standard as we regularly punched above our weight. In fact some of those times were even more magical as we believed and trusted in all involved and everyone pulled in one direction. Much happier times for the club, sadly missed.

is that sarcasm i see there

Archived