BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Back on topic it appears as though MGP is gearing up to sit out the rest of his contract as I suggested would probably be the case. Could have done without him dressing it up under the "I love the Club" banner though.

Whither all this Premiership interest that was supposed to come crashing in?

We can but hope he stays Rev. Far too valuable a player to cast aside!

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on topic it appears as though MGP is gearing up to sit out the rest of his contract as I suggested would probably be the case. Could have done without him dressing it up under the "I love the Club" banner though.

Whither all this Premiership interest that was supposed to come crashing in?

I think we are all well aware of your opinion on MGP Rev. Your logic is flawed though. No club will offer him the same deal he's on at Ewood, as they know are we are trying to get rid, so even if they offer him 50% of what he's on Rovers would be tempted to pay the other 50% to make a saving.

If Pedersen wants to stay he has to prove himself which he hasn't done for many seasons now.

He should make the central midfield position his own and start showing the range of passing we know he has instead of kicking it straight at the opposition players.

If Pedersen wants to stay he has to prove himself which he hasn't done for many seasons now.

He should make the central midfield position his own and start showing the range of passing we know he has instead of kicking it straight at the opposition players.

Kicking the ball straight to the opposition seemed to be the order of the day at Doncaster on Friday. Seems the new players we have brought in are just as good at doing that as the ones already here.

Does that include all the seasons that he was top of our assists? (i.e. every season since he's been here where he's started most games)

Glowing praise on the website from another professional coach working in the game. Good to see the experts all like and respect him.

Does that include all the seasons that he was top of our assists? (i.e. every season since he's been here where he's started most games)

Glowing praise on the website from another professional coach working in the game. Good to see the experts all like and respect him.

irrelevent SKH. You need to take into account the real issues.......... he's got a trendy hair do and he's not from around here!

I hope he stays. Now where's the RevidgeBlue with another trolling post attacking the club's resident "fraud" ?

Well I did invite people to come up with an alternative adjective but no-one seems to have been able to.

Perhaps "LikeBentleycouldn'tbearsedplayingoncehisbankbalancereachedacertainlevel" would be a less emotive term.

P.S. He's still here I see.

I don't dispute his assists rate but let's remember most of his assists over the last few seasons have been from set pieces.

Outside of set pieces he is absolutely useless. He kicks the ball half keaned and often straight at the opposition and simply doesn't have a decent enough awareness to know when a player's coming in for a tackle.

I like the guy, I really do but he's a luxury player that we can't afford to keep in the Championship.

Well I did invite people to come up with an alternative adjective but no-one seems to have been able to.

Perhaps "LikeBentleycouldn'tbearsedplayingoncehisbankbalancereachedacertainlevel" would be a less emotive term.

P.S. He's still here I see.

Or how about "longtermtopclassperformerwhocontinuestobebeoneofthemosteffectiveplayersintheteamprovingwrongcertainso-calledexpertswhodon'tknowtheirarsefromtheirelbow" ?

I don't dispute his assists rate but let's remember most of his assists over the last few seasons have been from set pieces.

Outside of set pieces he is absolutely useless. He kicks the ball half keaned and often straight at the opposition and simply doesn't have a decent enough awareness to know when a player's coming in for a tackle.

I like the guy, I really do but he's a luxury player that we can't afford to keep in the Championship.

Most of his critics don't even acknowledge his set piece skills.

Their argument is a strange one. They say his crossing always hits the first man, while his corners are also poor. Yet, when asked about him being top of the assists year upon year, they argue "well they're all from set pieces"!

Bunkum to me.

Most of his critics don't even acknowledge his set piece skills.

Their argument is a strange one. They say his crossing always hits the first man, while his corners are also poor. Yet, when asked about him being top of the assists year upon year, they argue "well they're all from set pieces"!

Bunkum to me.

Pretty much word for word what I was gonna reply with. Either he's rubbish at set-pieces or he's so good at them that they constitute the majority of his assists. His critics seem to claim both depending on what'll benefit their argument. He gets a lot of assists, so you can't have it both ways. He's either good at creating goals in open play or good at creating them in set-pieces.

The reality in my opinion is he's decent at set-pieces, certainly better than anyone else we've got, but they still constitute a minority of his assists and he'd be close to being top every season even if he didn't take them.

The arguments against Pedersen's stats remind me of the arguments against Allardyce's stats. More holes than a swiss cheese and flimsier than water. Mainly because stats have nothing to do with the motivation for criticising Pedersen, just as they didn't Allardyce. So when his supporters bring them, his critics go for a policy of either deliberately ignoring them or cobbling together some emergency explanation for why they don't apply.

People didn't like Allardyce because his football was thought of as being long-ball garbage, when in reality it was mostly long-ball, sometimes not, and always effective. People don't like Pedersen because his playing style is thought of as being soft and lazy, when in reality its soft, but with good game sense and with flashes of brilliance.

Its these lazy, exaggerated stereotypes that are the problem. Like how Savage apparently ran around like a headless chicken, Roberts couldn't hit a barn door from 5 yards, Souness fell out with everyone he managed etc etc. These 1-dimensional stereotypes are all good for a laugh down the pub but mostly they tell half a story and are a terrible basis on which to judge players.

People didn't like Allardyce because his football was thought of as being long-ball garbage, when in reality it was mostly long-ball, sometimes not, and always effective.

Its these lazy, exaggerated stereotypes that are the problem.

Lazy, exaggerated stereotypes are indeed the problem considering Allardyce lost more games than he won while managing us.

Pretty much word for word what I was gonna reply with. Either he's rubbish at set-pieces or he's so good at them that they constitute the majority of his assists. His critics seem to claim both depending on what'll benefit their argument. He gets a lot of assists, so you can't have it both ways. He's either good at creating goals in open play or good at creating them in set-pieces.

The reality in my opinion is he's decent at set-pieces, certainly better than anyone else we've got, but they still constitute a minority of his assists and he'd be close to being top every season even if he didn't take them.

The arguments against Pedersen's stats remind me of the arguments against Allardyce's stats. More holes than a swiss cheese and flimsier than water. Mainly because stats have nothing to do with the motivation for criticising Pedersen, just as they didn't Allardyce. So when his supporters bring them, his critics go for a policy of either deliberately ignoring them or cobbling together some emergency explanation for why they don't apply.

People didn't like Allardyce because his football was thought of as being long-ball garbage, when in reality it was mostly long-ball, sometimes not, and always effective. People don't like Pedersen because his playing style is thought of as being soft and lazy, when in reality its soft, but with good game sense and with flashes of brilliance.

Its these lazy, exaggerated stereotypes that are the problem. Like how Savage apparently ran around like a headless chicken, Roberts couldn't hit a barn door from 5 yards, Souness fell out with everyone he managed etc etc. These 1-dimensional stereotypes are all good for a laugh down the pub but mostly they tell half a story and are a terrible basis on which to judge players.

Mate, your posts are really starting to get into tl;dr territory, particularly as they all relate to the same tired subjects ad nauseam.

Lazy, exaggerated stereotypes are indeed the problem considering Allardyce lost more games than he won while managing us.

And we've been such a success since he left.

Mate, your posts are really starting to get into tl;dr territory, particularly as they all relate to the same tired subjects ad nauseam.

Doesn't make him wrong though, it certainly doesn't make him wrong.

People hate to be proven wrong and very few are ever willing to freely admit that their opinion was wrong. Human nature I'm afraid.

Archived