SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peds can go for free !

According to LT.

Take it Rovers must have stopped paying him after his non show last night.

Playing Olsson and Morris ahead of Pedersen whoever thinks like that should get their coat suppose its the same people who think that sideways backwards slows it down Jason Lowe is good enough for the first team.

Considering Pedersen's wage packet and the calibre of club likely to come in for him at this stage of his career, a free is the only way we'll shift him.

I'm sure someone will pay him 10-12 k a week with no fee involved.

Still a good wage considering how much he has already made from football - must be minted !

Anyway that's it from me in this thread. Taken to continually writing essays in an effort to contain my anger. If I said what I really think about it I'd get banned, so won't say anything from now on.

It will be a shame if you stop commenting on certain issues. You back up your comments with common sense, stats and references, unlike any of the people offering their insular, personal opposing view. None can explain why a succession of managers at International or PL level have continued to select him, even though he has supposedly only enjoyed two successful seasons this last decade or so.

The only disgrace here is fans calling a player like MGP a 'fraud' or 'on-field' disgrace. Still it is par for the course and we have always had bitchy little playing targets to torment and criticise, dating back as long as I can remember. I think Bobby Svarc was the first player I heard being hounded from the stands, going back to the 70's. Jason Lowe has just qualified for the role, but after showing a marked improvement last night when he came on people have gone quiet on him today and turned to King to lament.

The Club are doing the right thing by him and granting him the option to leave on a free transfer should he so choose.

Let's see

a) How much interest there is in him from else where and

b ) whether or not he is prepared to take a reduction in salary to guarantee more playing time elsewhere.

On balance I still expect him to be here when his contract expires.

I think it's a sad way to end his time with Rovers.

I appreciate he's not been able to maintain the white-hot form from early in his Rovers career, but as has been pointed out above, the fact that a proven and established top-half Premiership manager in Big Sam had MGP as a central part of his team here shows that he was far from the waste of space some are making out.

Not my favourite player, but I have a lot of respect for Morten for the way in which he has conducted himself and represented the club for several years, in addition to the on-pitch contributions.

Good luck Morten.

The Club are doing the right thing by him and granting him the option to leave on a free transfer should he so choose.

Let's see

a) How much interest there is in him from else where and

b ) whether or not he is prepared to take a reduction in salary to guarantee more playing time elsewhere.

On balance I still expect him to be here when his contract expires.

Can I ask what you would do in Pedersens situation Rev?

Can I ask what you would do in Pedersens situation Rev?

I'd probably stay, but I wouldn't expect people to thank me for it. I'd expect people to view me as a greedy so and so milking the last drops out of my contract but hey ho such is life.

If he pitches up elsewhere at a lower level or on lesser money because he simply wants to play football, I'll be the first to say good on him. Some players seem to have that bug whereby they can't do without playing and they pop up at all sorts of levels even Non League and you think "Why do they still bother?"

I'd probably stay, but I wouldn't expect people to thank me for it. I'd expect people to view me as a greedy so and so milking the last drops out of my contract but hey ho such is life.

If he pitches up elsewhere at a lower level or on lesser money because he simply wants to play football, I'll be the first to say good on him. Some players seem to have that bug whereby they can't do without playing and they pop up at all sorts of levels even Non League and you think "Why do they still bother?"

I think Pedersen has been treated fairly poorly in the last year or so. I would like to know how amicable the conversation was recently regarding his future i.e. You're not wanted and you will not play... or.... we feel its best for both parties as money is tight and we don't see you as an essential part of the squad, we're happy for you to seek a new club. Hope it was the latter.

Yep, the bug does certainly get hold of some, and as you say, good on those that do want to keep playing regardless of pay.

I think Pedersen has been treated fairly poorly in the last year or so. .

His current situation is entirely of his own making. If he'd performed well over the last few seasons he'd still be one of the first names on the team sheet.

I'm not sure how many of his appearances last season were starts and how many were cameo appearances off the bench but the fact he couldn't even hold down a regular place in a badly struggling side says it all

He could do worse than join Beattie down at Accrington Stanley.

Seriously?!

There will be interest from the Premiership and in Europe.

Dropping down to League 2, the forth division in English football, shouldn't even register to him.

Some of his tackles are of the powder puff variety and he has been prone to giving the ball away in dangerous areas too on occasion but defensively he has been an asset overall, his full-back can always rely on his cover and he puts in a full shift.

What frustrates me is his poor passing ability. Here are his stats for the last 3 Premier League seasons:

Successful passing %

2009-10 58.3 (for comparison Emerton 77.4, Andrews 67.3)

2010-11 64.7 (Emerton 77.9, Hoilett 76.2)

2011-12 72 (A better year! Hoilett 79.6, Formica 81.5)

If we take the 2010-11 season as a mid-way example - he made, on average, 32.2 passes per game - meaning that 11 passes per game went astray!

Sometimes he would play well above his average of course - but this means that there must be some real shockers amongst the rest! I think I saw those games!

The stats site didn't go back further:

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/2/Seasons/2458/Stages/4345/PlayerStatistics/England-Premier-League-2010-2011

I may be alone in this but as a sign of respect I would like to see him given a few minutes at the end of a match so that we can say goodbye properly. He at least deserves that.

• Backroom

I may be alone in this but as a sign of respect I would like to see him given a few minutes at the end of a match so that we can say goodbye properly. He at least deserves that.

Absolutely. He was our hero for 2 seasons. Despite what's happened since, he deserves a send-off of sorts (albeit not Tugay-style). When we never had the chance with Brad or Nelsen, I'd like to offer Peds a final round of applause.

Seriously?!

There will be interest from the Premiership and in Europe.

Dropping down to League 2, the forth division in English football, shouldn't even register to him.

It'll be interesting to see where he does end up and to what standard he plays to. My guess is he'll be a lot nearer Accrington's level than the Premiership.

Archived