BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Ahem....a couple of points about FC Copenhagen at the moment. Cared to look at the danish football league table lately, Steve Keans Hypnotoad? They've just appointed Ståle Solbakken (prev. Koln and Wolves....and FCK) to come and "save them" as he is seen as something of a football genius down there after his previous stint. Saying that FCK as of 2013 would beat all the teams in the championship and half the teams in PL is taking things a bit too far if you ask me. Also...if you seriously believe that FCK is a better team than Napoli...well...the lesser said the better methinks.

On MGP: He used to be a big star in Norway and was among the first to get picked for the national team. When his form began dipping under Sam so did his form for Norway, but still managed to hold on to his spot on the team. Not anymore - and he is not sorely missed either - and it is not because Blackburn got relegated (King still gets picked believe it or not!). I have really fond memories of MGP for both Blackburn and Norway so don't get me wrong, but I don't think he is up for it anymore. Truly decent guy with a big heart for Blackburn Rovers, but that alone doesn't cut it. Last 4-5 matches I've seen him he has been downright poor. Still...will be really sad to see him go, but hope he will get a good life in beautiful Copenhagen if he chooses to go.

Edit: Also just read that Solbakken says to norwegian TV2 that he won't be buying Gamst (http://www.tv2.no/sport/fotball/solbakken-vil-ikke-hente-gamst-til-fck-4107837.html) so that's the end of that!

The Danish Superliga is about League One standard.

And Pedersen isn't wanted there either. Ho hum.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks like he`s not gonna leave the club unless he gets every last drip of cash he can out of us, fc copenhagen move broken down reportedly due to his high wage demands..

were gonna have to pay him off as well i suspect, and after we do, watch the fc copenhagen move suddenly re-emerge..

what would you do?

looks like he`s not gonna leave the club unless he gets every last drip of cash he can out of us, fc copenhagen move broken down reportedly due to his high wage demands..

were gonna have to pay him off as well i suspect, and after we do, watch the fc copenhagen move suddenly re-emerge..

Hang on, I thought he loved Blackburn Rovers..................

Devastated Solbakken has taken over at Copenhagen. We don't have a chance of selling Pedersen to someone that's actually seen him play since 2007.

Yup.

• Backroom

Devastated Solbakken has taken over at Copenhagen. We don't have a chance of selling Pedersen to someone that's actually seen him play since 2007.

Ironically a lot of his detractors on here never do see him play :P

Never seen a guy do so much work off the ball that goes unappreciated, he's no world beater and not the player he was but he adds more to the team than other options we have

I honestly think between 30-40% of his tracking back is to cover his own poor ball control/wayward passes. Pedersen is a liability. For every 1 killer pass in open play there's 10s of rubbish play.

And don't give me that assist stat! He's spent years taking every corner, free kick direct and indirect, throw in. Of course he has good assist stats, nobody else gets a chance. If he loved the club so much as people say he does he would offer a wage reduction to stay and fight for his place. Frankly, he'll never do that because instead he would rather live off a combination of his old reputation and this reputation for loving the club. 30k a week to sit on the bench and put in bog standard performances every time he gets on the pitch. Rubbish, the sooner we get rid the better.

Exactly..... and exactly like everybody else in football when moving clubs. If you expected anything different you know nothing about how football agents work or you must have come down with the last rain shower.

Lots of sniping comments on here without the slightest bit of either substance or common sense. Just too much immature churlish comment. C'mon guys this is the real world not the schoolyard I don't want to keep writing stuff like the above paragraph for ever and a day.

he would rather live off a combination of his old reputation and this reputation for loving the club.

That's his reputation? Could have fooled me. Pedersen is probably the most abused, underappreciated and ridiculed Rovers player in the history of the club who's played for us for coming up to 10 seasons. The reputation you mentioned he only has with about half of the fans, and they tend to be the quieter half on the terraces. His reputation with the noisy half is the exact opposite. Its been far from an easy ride for him being at this club. As well as the avalanche of abuse from the terraces every single game he plays, he stopped his blog about a year ago, almost certainly because of the mounting abuse he was getting from the Rovers commenters. I've heard more than a few people say that if they were him they'd have got out of the club long ago.

But Pedersen seems to have this quite rare ability to treat fans as they actually are, a seldom united group full of differences in opinion. So he tailors his behaviour towards those who support him and doesn't respond in kind to the quite large number who seem to hate him. That to me is very much the type of effort made by someone who supports Rovers and is happy to take the rough with the smooth.

We. There's a guy in my local who would slate him every game, once after a match I got him to admit Pedersen played well. He had a face like a slapped arse when he said it. I.

Is his name RevidgeBlue per chance ? Pedersen's detractors are on here too but they would never change their point of view. Unlike them at least Pedersen has retained his dignity. I'm still hoping we'll see him in a Rovers shirt again - the team is weak enough without us sidelining one of the few players with a touch of Premier League class.

I don't post much nowadays but just wanted to jump on and say how disappointed I am to see the way he has been treated by both the club and (some) fans.

Most players who have been at a club as long as he has get a great send off and thanks for all they have done - we just seem to beat someone down and dump them until they are forgotten about............it makes me very sad.

I would like to thank Ped for the effort that he puts in and also (sometimes) that little bit extra that he can bring. People again forget that we don't have all that much in the reserve at the moment and not to utilise someone like him is a disgrace. If anything he should be on the bench. Yes, he is no longer banging in screamers like he did for a couple of seasons however I firmly believe that part of the reason for that is still the players he has around him.

I have also never heard him speak a bad word about us where some players would have been throwing their rattles out of the pram. Off the pitch he has been a great guy to have around when he speaks about the club.

Personally I am very sad to see him leave.

It's not every last drop of money, it's what he is owed....and if I worked for these pricks I would keaning screw them as well.

I shouldn't be surprised to find that factor has played a part in a number of deals 'out'. Lots of footballers and their agents can surely have nothing but contempt for the way the venkymob screwed over the club and their careers with complete disregard. They were told and warned from many sources that their actions were wrong but they completely ignored all council..... except of course from the greedy barstewards who profitted most.

Blackburn Rovers - better without both.

I agree.... and the same goes for samba, nelsen, N'Zonzi, EHD, Hoilett etc etc. All greedy grabbing barstewards who have been easily and cheaply replaced with far better players. This club is doing sooooo much better without them isn't it? :(

When the venkymob came they got rid of Prem players and replaced them with Championship standard ones, and where did we end up? In the championship. No rocket science there. This year we've been busy signing League 1 quality players.........

Ironically a lot of his detractors on here never do see him play :P

Never seen a guy do so much work off the ball that goes unappreciated, he's no world beater and not the player he was but he adds more to the team than other options we have

I keep hearing the argument on here that various managers like Allardyce and Hughes kept picking him therefore his detractors like myself must be wrong.

Firstly that claim doesn't tell the whole story,, he made relatively few starts last season, so a total of 5 different managers saw fit not to pick him on a regular basis at Championship level last season.

Secondly the flip side to the story, must be true, we've generously given him permission to leave on a free transfer if he wishes, and whilst there are still ten days to go of the transfer window it would appear we can't give him away for free.

An entirely predictable but still very sad indictment of where his game is at and where it's been at for the last 5-6 seasons.

• Backroom

The truth no doubt lies somewhere between the two sides of the argument

One thing is almost certain is that his wages are probably too high for the club to sustain and that's where the issue lies, for my money he is undoubtedly more valuable to the club than some of our other players and as a squad we are better for having him however his high wages are the obstacle for both him staying here and finding a new home

I still believe the amount of stick he has received frequently is in no way in line with the level of his performances

The truth no doubt lies somewhere between the two sides of the argument

One thing is almost certain is that his wages are probably too high for the club to sustain and that's where the issue lies, for my money he is undoubtedly more valuable to the club than some of our other players and as a squad we are better for having him however his high wages are the obstacle for both him staying here and finding a new home

I still believe the amount of stick he has received frequently is in no way in line with the level of his performances

If only we'd gotten the boardroom sorted as I can't help but think that having someone in place to shift/sign players from the begining of the summer would have resulted in a different outcome. The focus should always have been on reducing numbers as we have 3 teams worth of players. Now as the window grows ever closer to closing we are left with no choice but to remove the high earners. The trouble is for me these are the ones who could potentially (if issues can be sorted) get us back to where we need to be. I see the whole thing as yet another complete balls-up by our owners who make incompetence look desirable.

• Backroom

If only we'd gotten the boardroom sorted as I can't help but think that having someone in place to shift/sign players from the begining of the summer would have resulted in a different outcome. The focus should always have been on reducing numbers as we have 3 teams worth of players. Now as the window grows ever closer to closing we are left with no choice but to remove the high earners. The trouble is for me these are the ones who could potentially (if issues can be sorted) get us back to where we need to be. I see the whole thing as yet another complete balls-up by our owners who make incompetence look desirable.

You have to wonder how many of the 50 odd will ever even feature on a senior teamsheet

You have to wonder how many of the 50 odd will ever even feature on a senior teamsheet

Just imagine how much money we are pissing away each week on these players that will never play?

Not one of them appears to bothered their not playing (not seen any press), so you'd hazard a guess they're happy picking up their pay-cheques. These are the ones we've always needed rid off, not your Ped's or Givets. They just needed managing better and if sorted could still contribute at this level.

My biggest worry now is if none of them can find a club, as for me this will mean shelvey making 91 phones calls on the last day seeing what we can get for Rhodes. As we all now he'll take the first offer made and we'll be consigned to watching yet another shocking season.

Just imagine how much money we are pissing away each week on these players that will never play?

Not one of them appears to bothered their not playing (not seen any press), so you'd hazard a guess they're happy picking up their pay-cheques. These are the ones we've always needed rid off, not your Ped's or Givets. They just needed managing better and if sorted could still contribute at this level.

My biggest worry now is if none of them can find a club, as for me this will mean shelvey making 91 phones calls on the last day seeing what we can get for Rhodes. As we all now he'll take the first offer made and we'll be consigned to watching yet another shocking season.

Quite right. Plenty of players earning a cracking living at Rovers at the moment without contributing anything at all, yet someone like MGP who has performed well at a much higher level for years and who would walk over hot coals to play for the club gets slated for picking up his wages. His detractors cannot answer why International and PL managers have continued to select him this last five or six years and are then left trying to brow beat others into agreeing with the hugely informed argument that....'MGP is pish'.

Truly disgraceful how our squad has been chopped and changed, resulting in us owning a miillion and one players with little ability, nor re-sale value.

Quite right. Plenty of players earning a cracking living at Rovers at the moment without contributing anything at all, yet someone like MGP who has performed well at a much higher level for years and who would walk over hot coals to play for the club gets slated for picking up his wages. His detractors cannot answer why International and PL managers have continued to select him this last five or six years and are then left trying to brow beat others into agreeing with the hugely informed argument that....'MGP is pish'.

Truly disgraceful how our squad has been chopped and changed, resulting in us owning a miillion and one players with little ability, nor re-sale value.

Most on here know I think Ped's brings more than enough to the table still for this level. But we are playing with a 2 man midfield and Ped's isn't that. I'd be more than happy to see him on the left of a three, with one sitting behind him and one to his right. He can still more than contribute to our game and given we have the likes of Orr (that pic) and then Ped's (please let me play for the U21's), I'm surprised he gets the stick he does on here. No he's not what he was but even since his decline he's easily in the best 22 we have and his footballing experience (Ie what he's done in his whole career) can only be matched by one or two others at Rovers these days and I feel that's important to our progression.

Archived