BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

Turkish press saying two-year deal at Karabukspor and medical tomorrow.

Surely not? Not with the all PL & Championship clubs he could walk into?

Ignore the skewed stats & teary-eyed sentiment and you'll see what his stock is worth. Will be difficult for the Pedersen Appreciation Society to explain this away.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pedersen is a legend better than what we have got at the moment wether it comes from a throw corner or freekick a set piece is a set piece..he got most of his goals frm when bentley use to cross frm the opposite wing we havent had a right winger since

Legend!

over used word in my opinion

I agree.... and the same goes for samba, nelsen, N'Zonzi, EHD, Hoilett etc etc. All greedy grabbing barstewards who have been easily and cheaply replaced with far better players. This club is doing sooooo much better without them isn't it? :(

Surely you're not lumping Pedersen in the same bracket as Nzonzi, Hoilett & Samba?

Surely not? Not with the all PL & Championship clubs he could walk into?

Ignore the skewed stats & teary-eyed sentiment and you'll see what his stock is worth. Will be difficult for the Pedersen Appreciation Society to explain this away.

Quick Q.

How many of Judge, Marrow, Lowe, Williamson, Rosado, Cairney and the other hull player would end up in the turkish/danish super league on leaving us?

Legend!

over used word in my opinion

The only Legends we have had in the last 10-15 years are Tugay and Friedel, plenty of good(and some very good) players in that time also but a 'Legend' in my opinion is something special and rare and hard to divine what exactly gives them that status(other than being great players and loyal) They just deeply connected with the fans and there was a great mutual respect.

The only Legends we have had in the last 10-15 years are Tugay and Friedel, plenty of good(and some very good) players in that time also but a 'Legend' in my opinion is something special and rare and hard to divine what exactly gives them that status(other than being great players and loyal) They just deeply connected with the fans and there was a great mutual respect.

Matt Jansen

very good player, nice guy

If it wasn't for the accident he could have gone on to be a legend(or he could have moved to a higher profile club at the 1st opportunity) sadly we'll never know, but we did at least get 2 great seasons out of him(the promotion season and the league cup winning season).

Quick Q.

How many of Judge, Marrow, Lowe, Williamson, Rosado, Cairney and the other hull player would end up in the turkish/danish super league on leaving us?

None.

I think it's a big mistake not playing peds. We seem to be alot less dangerous going forward when he's out of the team, coincidence?

Someone here said Norway dropped him cause he wasn't good enough - wrong, he was dropped due to not being match fit, Norway said he had to get more games in the first team for blackburn.

Quick Q.

Some? One? None? What's the relevance here?

The argument is that Peds should walk into our side. The rest of English football isn't prepared to back that assertion.

is that you agreeing with me or the other way round?

To be fair, only you have claimed this about the alleged 750k bonus due. It sounds very unlikely to me. Why do you need a bonus like that when you're already on 50k p.w. or even 30k p.w.? It seems to me he hasn't had a look in since Appleton left and there was another change of manager. Doubt it's to do with finances

Historically granting a free transfer was always seen as a way of rewarding a long standing employee even if you could get a fee for them.

To be fair Rev, it wasn't three quarters of a mill!

Also to be fair, if money wasn't the issue why didn't MGP realign his salary expectations in line with his current ability and the status of the club in order to contribute? Had he done so, he really would have been revered and who knows, may have been considered a legend.

Ultimately they're all money grabbing buggers, irrespective and Pederson is no different.

Chris Flanagan

Morten Gamst Pedersen being strongly linked with medical at Karabukspor in Turkey, just waiting for news on it.

Karabukspors Chairman has confirmed MGP is due in for a medical and negotiations tomorrow, from Flanagan at LT

The argument is that Peds should walk into our side. The rest of English football isn't prepared to back that assertion.

Have you seen our midfield? A one-legged Pedersen would hop into it.

Some? One? None? What's the relevance here?

Using your argument it would appear that those of us who believe that there are major shortcomings with Rhodes would appear to be correct as the rest of English football doesn't seem too keen on signing him. Personally, after the dire performances of our midfield against Carlisle and Doncaster I would be only too happy to see Pedersen walk into our side. Sadly, I suspect he is another class act - like Nelsen, Samba, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Diouf, Salgado, Emerton and the rest - who will leave as we continue our decline under Venky's.

Using your argument it would appear that those of us who believe that there are major shortcomings with Rhodes would appear to be correct as the rest of English football doesn't seem too keen on signing him. Personally, after the dire performances of our midfield against Carlisle and Doncaster I would be only too happy to see Pedersen walk into our side. Sadly, I suspect he is another class act - like Nelsen, Samba, Nzonzi, Hoilett, Diouf, Salgado, Emerton and the rest - who will leave as we continue our decline under Venky's.

Pedersen is available on a free and we've found it hard to shift him. Make Rhodes as available, but call the price 6million, there will be a scramble.

Your analogy doesn't really fit. If Rhodes was available for the right price, I have no doubt that a host of clubs in the Championship & the PL would take a punt on him, but Rovers are going to want to recoup what they spent on him and then some. You can't get a much better price than a free transfer, and yet Pedersen's suitors so far have left a lot to be desired.

Id add shearer to that

Isn't the choice of a legend a personal one. I agree both are legends but to say they are the only two is a little harsh considering what has been achieved over that period. The admiral has to be added no discussion. For me Duff also should be there, but everyone has their own picks. I'm sure I have forgotten a few more.

Archived