BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Morten Gamst Pedersen

If dunn wasnt a 'local lad' he'd be in purgatory with orr now because of some of the things he's said and done since venkys arrival.

Ah purgatory! Not sure about that. Orr would have hope of earning a place in Heaven. But I think his recent poster has finally blown his chances.

The timing of his pro Kean remarks after the Wigan game was most unfortunate, but could probably be excused as naivety, blind loyalty from one who did not know the big picture.

Colours to the mast etc...I love Dunny. Yes, I accept this is partly because he is a local lad living the dream. It is also for his obvious talent and his passion for the club. I was delighted when he returned, but have been saddened by his lack of time on the pitch.

I have a sense that other factors limited his games last year, other than injuries or fitness.

His press statements have certainly been a mixed bag. Some have been quite admirable and measured e.g after Ince's final game at Wigan.

I know he should have kept schtum during the Kean era. He must have known we were being dismantled. Nevertheless, I am sure he would have come under some pressure, as an employee.

The Burnley goal was a moment of magic, comedy and relief ! ...."For this relief, much thanks.."

i support burnley and steve kean is my idol.

• Replies 739
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah purgatory! Not sure about that. Orr would have hope of earning a place in Heaven. But I think his recent poster has finally blown his chances.

The timing of his pro Kean remarks after the Wigan game was most unfortunate, but could probably be excused as naivety, blind loyalty from one who did not know the big picture.

Colours to the mast etc...I love Dunny. Yes, I accept this is partly because he is a local lad living the dream. It is also for his obvious talent and his passion for the club. I was delighted when he returned, but have been saddened by his lack of time on the pitch.

I have a sense that other factors limited his games last year, other than injuries or fitness.

His press statements have certainly been a mixed bag. Some have been quite admirable and measured e.g after Ince's final game at Wigan.

I know he should have kept schtum during the Kean era. He must have known we were being dismantled. Nevertheless, I am sure he would have come under some pressure, as an employee.

The Burnley goal was a moment of magic, comedy and relief ! ...."For this relief, much thanks.."

i support burnley and steve kean is my idol.

Sorry that bit at the bottom of my post was one of my kids' attempts at wit, (while I was answering the phone). I only just noticed!

is that sarcasm i see there

Honestly not, though reading again, I can see why you'd say. I guess it's the sense of otherness. I never experienced that era of the club, just looks a world away from the glitz of modern football. Seems a lot more "genuine" if that makes sense and must have been great to be a part of.

A BRFCS interview with MGP is now published to the front page here.

Boo hoo, sob, grizzle. .......Hang on I'll get the kleenex.

He's still here I see, any reason for the delay? Perhaps he thinks if he strings it out a few more days he'll be eligible for his testimonial.

Or perhaps he thinks that if Rhodes might be leaving and off the wage bill there's a chance of a new 15 year deal taking him up to just shy of his 47th birthday.

Get a move on me old mucker you're costing us 4-5 grand a day here.

• Moderation Lead

Good servant to the club, a tad frustrating at times, but a very useful player for us over the years.

He scored some important goals, and notched up a lot of assists. All the best Morten,

I really like Pedersen, I even have him on the back of my shirt. He will always be in my mind when I think of some of the best rovers players I have watched.

Apart from some of his great goals, my favourite memory is seeing him sat in the away end with the fans at old trafford when we lost 7 - 1.

One record I would imagine he'll be able to claim. I'd say he's taken more dosh out of Blackburn. Rovers than any other player in the history of the club.

Ah, but he did give quite a bit back. This isn't Vince Grella we're talking about. I suppose familiarity really does breed contempt.

He's still here I see, any reason for the delay? Perhaps he thinks if he strings it out a few more days he'll be eligible for his testimonial.

Or perhaps he thinks that if Rhodes might be leaving and off the wage bill there's a chance of a new 15 year deal taking him up to just shy of his 47th birthday.

I'd say there were plenty of more deserving players for this kind of vitriol than Pedersen.

I'm told he got a nice send off yesterday Simon. Your opinions appear to be

a. becoming very personal

and

b. at odds with a lot of your fellow supporters.

It's all rubbish. Morten Gamst Pedersen, absolutely bloody rubbish, melt him down and he'd make rubbish glue. David Dunn? Absolute rubbish. Legend? Don't talk rubbish. Shearer? Shearer!? Absolute rubbish. It's all rubbish. King Kenny?!? King Rubbish more like. Now Zidane would have been good, but no, we didn't sign him - bloody rubbish again. It's all absolute rubbish.

....but chips are good

What a pathetic post Rev. There are times when I think our supporters and Venky's deserve one another such is their lack of respect for others.

What a horrible post.

Did MGP @#/? on your kid's Xmas presents or something?

Thanks for your service Morten, the vast majority of us appreciate it.

Good luck.

What an idiot you are. Posts like that make me wonder why I bother following football, its become full of absolute morons with zero class, zero loyalty and zero intelligence.

Good luck to MGP, always gave 100%, scored some wonderful goals (inc winners at Old Trafford and against Burnley). Treated poorly by the club, (and only because his wages were high.)

Rev, frankly your post is a disgrace.

Theres been dozens of players who have stolen more of a living from our club than MGP, in the 10 years he's been here.

E.g.

Basturk,

Van Heerden,

Grella,

Goulon,

Righters,

Orr,

Murphy,

Gomes,

Markus Olsson,

Djorkaeff,

Kalinic,

Vukcivic

To name the first dozen.

Good luck to MGP, always gave 100%, scored some wonderful goals (inc winners at Old Trafford and against Burnley). Treated poorly by the club, (and only because his wages were high.)

Rev, frankly your post is a disgrace.

Theres been dozens of players who have stolen more of a living from our club than MGP, in the 10 years he's been here.

E.g.

Basturk,

Van Heerden,

Grella,

Goulon,

Righters,

Orr,

Murphy,

Gomes,

Markus Olsson,

Djorkaeff,

Kalinic,

Vukcivic

To name the first dozen.

A sad list even without even the names of Anderson, Peter, Ribeiro, Slew, Goodwillie and only one portugese on it. MGP was rarely injured, always available and usually put a decent shift in. In actual value for money Dunny isn't even fit to lace his boots.

Reading down I don't think it's been your night Simon. ^_^

Moronic post but then I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Archived