BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How much lower can he sink?

I can't believe he blamed the defeat on the "muamba effect".

He's despicable enough without using this as a very very very poor excuse. How much lower can he go? Spike, away fans the only true fans, ball in box ... He's an awful human being.

Let's hope to goodness that relegation can still be avoided but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if he blamed Rovers' going down on the fans who protested about his dreadful record and dubious tactics. But of course those two latter elements appear to be irrelevant in Teflon's world.

Let's hope to goodness that relegation can still be avoided but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if he blamed Rovers' going down on the fans who protested about his dreadful record and dubious tactics. But of course those two latter elements appear to be irrelevant in Teflon's world.

Surprised? I guarantee it.

There will also be plenty of SEM and other Stevie Kean friendly pundits briefed to blame it on the owners not supporting him.

It will be deemed a glorious failure by Kean and he will be 'backed to get them straight back up'.

Don't Matty, the prospect of Kean (and Venkys) still being here next season if we are relegated actually makes me feel physically sick.

That's the worst possible outcome I can think of.

Impossible, it's only 1% of fans, and with 500 letters a day, he knows that we're all pulling for him.

He's despicable enough without using this as a very very very poor excuse. How much lower can he go? Spike, away fans the only true fans, ball in box ... He's an awful human being.

Fact is abbey, there was a Muamba factor in the refereeing at least. We probably still wouldn't have won because the players looked far from good and Bolton were up for it, but you can't persuade me that the ref wasn't favouring them with everything he could. Throws that looked clearly ours went their way; the penalty wasn't given. It's not an excuse for losing, but it is a contributory factor. Kean of course looks churlish mentioning it, but the fact is, the match, being of such significance, should probably not have been played when it was. We'd probably still have got beaten whenever it was played, but at least we wouldn't have had people saying that everyone wanted Bolton to win and the ref wanting to give us nowt.

• Moderation Lead

Maybe gum but he shouldn't come out and blame it on that tho . He should just have the nads to say he cocked up the tactics .

Will be a cold day in hell before he admits that.....

• Backroom

Fact is abbey, there was a Muamba factor in the refereeing at least. We probably still wouldn't have won because the players looked far from good and Bolton were up for it, but you can't persuade me that the ref wasn't favouring them with everything he could. Throws that looked clearly ours went their way; the penalty wasn't given. It's not an excuse for losing, but it is a contributory factor. Kean of course looks churlish mentioning it, but the fact is, the match, being of such significance, should probably not have been played when it was. We'd probably still have got beaten whenever it was played, but at least we wouldn't have had people saying that everyone wanted Bolton to win and the ref wanting to give us nowt.

Not being funny Gumboots but people say variations of this in every match. The ref is always considered terrible and massively bias towards the opposition. Hoilett deserved a pen, yes, but we've had a few instances of good luck ourselves in regards to penalties not given. We've also had plenty of bad luck outside the Bolton match and bizarre, unfathomable decisions by referees - Everton and Norwich immediately come to mind.

Referees are considered poor most games - I think the 'Muamba effect' is being hugely overplayed. We were extremely poor, that's all there is to it. We did not go out there to win, we barely even tried to compete.

Not being funny Gumboots but people say variations of this in every match. The ref is always considered terrible and massively bias towards the opposition. Hoilett deserved a pen, yes, but we've had a few instances of good luck ourselves in regards to penalties not given. We've also had plenty of bad luck outside the Bolton match and bizarre, unfathomable decisions by referees - Everton and Norwich immediately come to mind.

Referees are considered poor most games - I think the 'Muamba effect' is being hugely overplayed. We were extremely poor, that's all there is to it. We did not go out there to win, we barely even tried to compete.

I agree there's plenty of poor reffing about and I don't deny we were very poor, but that was a clear penalty even seen from the other end of the ground but I feel the ref really bottled that because of not wanting to be the guy who spoiled the Muamba game. If we are relegated it will not be because the ref didn't give that pen, but because of poor play, poor tactics, poor subs, poor choices across the season. However, on that day we were NEVER going to get the rub of the green, specifically because of Muamba. And I'm not even convinced that was wrong - it should just have been a relatively unimportant game where it happened and not a relegation 6 pointer.

Wow - the guy can't open his mouth without being jumped on can he ? There were quite a few posters on here that said we would lose the match because of the "Muamba effect". Are you a physchologist - and can say how it effects our players ? Without a shadow of a doubt it had a positive effect on the Bolton players.

The way he walked out of the main entrance after the game at the Reebok grinning like he'd just got us another well earned 3 points, posing for photos and signing the odd autograph with an entourage of stewards in tow it was pathetic to see. It was yet again for me another sign that he is untouchable and even when he walked past me and i tried joking the stewards were on my case straight away shoving me back telling me to get away. I could understand it if i hit him or swore bearing in mind that he was literally a yard away walking past me and i was still seething after watching that inept performance but all i asked him was "were you just signing your resignation papers there Steve" whilst laughing. When the steward pushed me back i asked him "are we not allowed a freedom of speech around here" to which he replied "no because your on private land".

A lot of people who were around were also surprised that he didnt travel back with the rest of the team especially after the way we performed (as many thought this showed a disharmony amongst the squad/managemen)t but went with his own personal driver who soon appeared after the team coach had disappeared. I wasn't as no doubt he'll have been dropped off at Manchester Airport to return down south for the night!!

I will say yes to not get that penalty was unfortunate but the most worrying thing of all we created hardly anything from open play and relying on refs to get it right all the time is like asking for the moon on a plate it happens to everyone poor reffing decisions you just have to get on with it the reason we lost that match is because of several factors between Dann & Hanley they should have picked up Wheater much better for both goals the first one NZonzi should have headed it straight out and the 2nd one that corner should be defended much better another big reason we lost that game when NZonzi scored from that header a good manager would have realised we have a chance here to at least get a draw possibly even nick it he should have instructed the players to play with a higher tempo and a good manager would have gone for the jugular and thrown an extra striker on to try and get something from the game the fact he didn't shows how inept he really is and for me Kamy yesterday summed up my feelings on twitter perfectly a year ago we had the chance to acquire Witsel,Piatti & Papiss Cisse yet we end up with Goodwillie,Ribeiro & Petrovic. Also can anyone explain why does Scott Dann always give off the eyes like my cat when she does something wrong as if to say not my fault when clearly he is clearly at fault for both goals saturday for me he just does not look commanding enough I feel that's why I feel teams target him a bit thoughts?.

Impossible, it's only 1% of fans, and with 500 letters a day, he knows that we're all pulling for him.

I wonder if most of those letters are from Braddock? Considering his posting capacity after a win, I wouldn't be surprised to find him send consolation letters in mass quantity to Kean in an effort to lift his, and by extension the team's, spirits after a loss.

And it would explain his post-loss absences. :P

Maybe gum but he shouldn't come out and blame it on that tho . He should just have the nads to say he cocked up the tactics .

The man has no class whatsoever, he'll blame anyone and anything if it deflects criticisms from him, thats why he’s despised by many and will NEVER be accepted as our manager.

When the steward pushed me back i asked him "are we not allowed a freedom of speech around here" to which he replied "no because your on private land".

Really don't understand that. What has private land got to do with freedom of speech? Trespassing perhaps but being able to speak your mind? In any case does Kean own the land you were on? Seems all too easy to trot out crap like that because they are used to using it as an excuse to search people for banners in the Darwen End.

I don't see why it gives them the right to physically touch you either.

Give the wrong people a touch of power and this is what happens.

Archived