BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What's tha story on Venky's being at Ewood last night?

I think the problem will always be that fans look a bit silly when you get a banner out when the team is losing, and then put it away when they equalise or whatever. to the media they portray those fans as stupid and immature. However, keeping a banner out the entire game would also bring massive criticism from the media too.

Not entirely sure what the protests have achieved over the course of the season, and i'd question some of the ideas and methods that have been taken, but i',m sure that if Rovers are down by the Wigan game then the entire stadium will unite against the owners and manager.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mattyblue - I agree with the collapsing statement, but I dont agree with the actions of those who are protesting inside a stadium in a vital game. Especially if its only when we are losing. How fickle and Sad does that make them look?

And what would you say if they did it when we were winning/drawing?

You don't agree with protets, that's clear, but callinng them morons or whatever else is unecessary, it is divide and conquer tactics by those in power and you shouldn't fall for it.

B0llox. The steards were simply trying to stop them getting to Kean....which is fair enough.

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Not there to support the team, simply to get on tv and try to create a bad atmosphere. They protested and we lost....but no doubt they will continue to claim we only win when they protest! :unsure:

As for Venkys hiding - they were sat outside in the Jack walker box....how is that hiding? I knew they were attending the game at around 2pm in the afternoon, hardly sneaked in and out.

Should be ashamed of yourself pal.

Watch their actions, watch how they do it. They do not want the club to do well, they would rather we lose so they can protest.

At 2-2 they sat down and behaved, and at some of the time it wasd 2-1.....IF they are that unhappy that they all went sitting over there to protest then why did they only protest when we were losing??? Answer that.

Mattyblue - I agree with the collapsing statement, but I dont agree with the actions of those who are protesting inside a stadium in a vital game. Especially if its only when we are losing. How fickle and Sad does that make them look?

Didnt expect to read anything any different from you since you had your love in with Kean at the player of the year awards was it?

Fickle you call them???? I dont call 7 months of protesting being fickle,

Just continue to defend your new found friends, because calling people muppets just about shows your intellect.

Once again you decide to come on the message boards and have another go at the supporters, whilst in turn put divide amongst them, If you have anything constructive to say, Iook forward to seeing you on Sunday in longshaw club, at 2pm, Sadly Steve wont show, but still you can represent him if you want?

And too top it all off, Jack's box has a massive portrait of Mrs. D hung on the wall.

Jack's portrait is still on the pillar, she has one on the back wall.

From my seat in the Riveside I could see two big portraits of and Indian man and woman on the back wall. Too far away to see who they were but I assumed it may have been their parents

Maybe the protesters should stop unfurling banners and concentrate on much more important issues. They could always send round a M.O.M. poll instead.

Like cheering the team to the rafters only to be poked in the eye again and again and again?

Hopefully the players will not get off scott free when we go down vs Norwich or Wigan

Thought I'd mention that in the Jack Walker Lower, a few lads unfurled a banner when we went 2-0 down saying something like Please Leave the Club - Venky's Please Sell or words to that effect. Within moments they were surrounded by stewards and the banner was removed. Then the lads spent the next twenty minutes being harassed by stewards then several police. The heavy handedness with which Ewood is being policed these days is extraordinary. You would have thought that someone had set fire to the stadium. Thing is the heavy handedness is more likely to incite violence and angry scenes.

This is probably unconnected, but outside the JW about ten minutes before kick off there was some form of commotion with the police involved with some lads wearing yellow and black t-shirts. There seemed to be about seven or eight coppers restraining one guy, which seemed to be completely over the top.

Watch their actions, watch how they do it. They do not want the club to do well, they would rather we lose so they can protest.

At 2-2 they sat down and behaved, and at some of the time it wasd 2-1.....IF they are that unhappy that they all went sitting over there to protest then why did they only protest when we were losing??? Answer that.

Good losers are always losers, thats what I say

B0llox. The steards were simply trying to stop them getting to Kean....which is fair enough.

There was a bunch of muppets, about 15 of them in yellow & black (Was Mullen one of them?) - they had a banner at 2-0. At 2-2 they sat down and behaved. But then as it went 3-2 the banners came out again and they were trying to get attention off the sky cameras.

Not there to support the team, simply to get on tv and try to create a bad atmosphere. They protested and we lost....but no doubt they will continue to claim we only win when they protest! :unsure:

As for Venkys hiding - they were sat outside in the Jack walker box....how is that hiding? I knew they were attending the game at around 2pm in the afternoon, hardly sneaked in and out.

Hughsey, please grow some balls. I presume that you will only protest against Coco and the Venkys if they eat your family alive.

And what would you say if they did it when we were winning/drawing?

You don't agree with protets, that's clear, but callinng them morons or whatever else is unecessary, it is divide and conquer tactics by those in power and you shouldn't fall for it.

It isn't Matty. You need only look through these boards to see that the division comes from the attitude of those who slate fans who don't protest and in turn those who slate the protestors - those in power at Ewood have nothing to do with it. Take for instance last night the "lone soldier" on one of the other threads referred to people who didn't kick up a fuss at the Venkys as spineless homosexuals and compared them to Nazis FFS....who'd want to stand shoulder to shoulder with bellends like that?? Going off the posts that followed it, a few actually would.

The protests failed and the relationship between fans fractured in my eyes when it became obvious that the reasons for protesting were massively overshadowed by the desire to suddenly win a popularity contest and those who protested thought that the best way to swell their numbers was to mock those that don't by saying that they are apathetic, aren't true fans, are spineless.

How sad do you look? Vital game my arse! Vital games come and go and we lose them. We aren't staying up------you think the actions of a few lads remotely compare to what Venkys have done to us?

You've been cheering on the lads all season but you haven't noticed they've sold the team from under you.

Not entirely sure what the protests have achieved over the course of the season, and i'd question some of the ideas and methods that have been taken, but i',m sure that if Rovers are down by the Wigan game then the entire stadium will unite against the owners and manager.

Might that be a little late?

The protests failed and the relationship between fans fractured in my eyes when it became obvious that the reasons for protesting were massively overshadowed by the desire to suddenly win a popularity contest and those who protested thought that the best way to swell their numbers was to mock those that don't by saying that they are apathetic, aren't true fans, are spineless.

Completely disagree, as my reasons for protesting have never been overshadowed by any other desire than to simply have my voice heard at the utter contempt our club, town and supporters are being treat with. It is solely about Blackburn Rovers football club to me and there is no sense of personal gain or satisfaction involved.

Its not fair to end by saying the relationship between supporters fractured when we tried to swell numbers by mocking people by calling them spineless and questioning their support. What about those supporters who in turn call those who are standing up and voicing an opinion in public, rather than quietly behind close doors 'not true supporters', questioning whether we want the club to go down for our own gain and even approaching us on match days provoking and threatening us for daring to do what we believe is correct.

I have protested since September the 17th because there was no other platform for me to have my voice heard and i will continue to use this platform until somebody offers me an alternative method. On many occasions the protests could have stopped and talks be conducted around a table with the club, however the club have ignored this and in turn ignored the opinions and concerns of many supporters.

So the powers that be at the club are not exempt from blame in all of this, however yes supporters have differing views, this will always happen when a club is in a mess. However it is a two way street and to claim the supporters relationship was fractured by the protesters is completely inaccurate.

, al

I saw the guys who got the banners out also, one age 54 , one age 51 and 2 aged 49 and also disabled supporters, all of which have been going rovers for over 40 years, long before you was born, I take it their support in this 160 years collectively dont count for anything?

Kudos to those involved with the protest,if more had have known that lot were present the protests I'm sure would have been much greater.

Even we did not know they would be present until they arrived in cars at 8.10pm. We put the word out immediately via twitter, facebook and texts, however with people already at the game and not online etc it was always going to be unheard by the majority at the ground.

Its not fair to end by saying the relationship between supporters fractured when we tried to swell numbers by mocking people by calling them spineless and questioning their support. What about those supporters who in turn call those who are standing up and voicing an opinion in public, rather than quietly behind close doors 'not true supporters', questioning whether we want the club to go down for our own gain and even approaching us on match days provoking and threatening us for daring to do what we believe is correct.

I have protested since September the 17th because there was no other platform for me to have my voice heard and i will continue to use this platform until somebody offers me an alternative method. On many occasions the protests could have stopped and talks be conducted around a table with the club, however the club have ignored this and in turn ignored the opinions and concerns of many supporters.

So the powers that be at the club are not exempt from blame in all of this, however yes supporters have differing views, this will always happen when a club is in a mess. However it is a two way street and to claim the supporters relationship was fractured by the protesters is completely inaccurate.

Read back what I said, first sentence - you are just agreeing with what I said Mark. I have said that it was the difference of attitude/opinion of both types of supporters.

Read back what I said, first sentence - you are just agreeing with what I said Mark. I have said that it was the difference of attitude/opinion of both types of supporters.

The response was aimed at the line "the relationship between fans fractured in my eyes when it became obvious that the reasons for protesting were massively overshadowed by the desire to suddenly win a popularity contest "

As i said i am not interested in popularity contests, my reasons were and still are Blackburn Rovers football club and that only.

Archived