BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What really happened at half time?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio rovers said they thought Givet may have had a reoccurrence of his heart palpitations.

However have a look at Keans face in the aftermath interviews, it does look like he has been thumped in the eye.

Kean's face in the post match interview has a large red mark on the right side. I posted the video on the Coco thread.

Probably a coincidence but the excited way the commentators reacted suggested they thought they had a big story before it switched to being "we hope Givet is alright". When Givet athletically went to his seat in the dug out he was totally ignored by everybody including the other players.

Kean and Givet had a big falling out over breakfast before the Swansea game remember... A bit of afters perhaps?

I also thought Kean had a mark on his eye especially as it wasn't noticable in other interviews.

Maybe we're just hoping "something" happened post match.

I really hope it was Modeste. Why? Because he's done f*** all else at the club and at least he'd have left Rovers doing one thing right.

I can almost see down the tunnel from the RS. The rovers team were lined up in the tunnel to come out when there was a lot of commotion, arm waving etc and they headed back towards the home dressing room. Robbo then went into the away dressing room for 15-20 secs, the teams came out after a delay of a minute or two and we had the substitution.

If anyone was watching TV, was there a delay to the KO 2nd half?

I can almost see down the tunnel from the RS. The rovers team were lined up in the tunnel to come out when there was a lot of commotion, arm waving etc and they headed back towards the home dressing room. Robbo then went into the away dressing room for 15-20 secs, the teams came out after a delay of a minute or two and we had the substitution.

If anyone was watching TV, was there a delay to the KO 2nd half?

Yes, there did seem to be a delay to the re-start due to events in the changing rooms/tunnel. Something is clearly being withheld here as I see no sense in what you describe above (and appeared on the TV) being followed by a statement that Givet had 'suffered a hamstring injury'.

I really hope it was Modeste. Why? Because he's done f*** all else at the club and at least he'd have left Rovers doing one thing right.

Watching the game on ESPN2 I thought Modeste was one of our better* players tonight as he had least took a few shots in an effort, however, weak, to score.

* "Better" being a purely relative term.

There was definitely a small delay before the KO at 2nd half.

I'm not too sure whether I buy your theory Philipl; I took a quick peek at an interview he did 3rd of may and from the look of it he did have a red mark under his right eye at that point as well.

the commentators, sky and others were all talking about Gael Givet as if something had happened to him. The cameramen even zoomed in at the paramedics standing by the tunnel entrance who were using their walkie-talkies

Watching the game on ESPN2 I thought Modeste was one of our better* players tonight as he had least took a few shots in an effort, however, weak, to score.

The Espn coverage must be cleverly edited, he was nothing short of ######.

He was ok.

Not sure how Dann gets such an easy ride though. The worst CB we've had here in quite some time.

I lost count at the number of times Modeste failed to control the ball. Did the ESPN coverage miss out all his miss kicks and airshots! ??

He was ok.

Not sure how Dann gets such an easy ride though. The worst CB we've had here in quite some time.

Neville ripped into him during the HT analysis- "supposedly £7m centre back" was one of the nicer things said about Dann.

The people near to where I sit said that a load of security people had run into the tunnel before the players were due to come out, then came the delay.

On the BBC interview, Kean's face does look sore under the eye and across the nose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17984354

This is May 3rd and his face is red on here too, though not quite as bad...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17980488

The Espn coverage must be cleverly edited, he was nothing short of ######.

He was. As was most of the squad. But he did take shots. Which considering how rare they are, is a step in the right direction.

Neville ripped into him during the HT analysis- "supposedly £7m centre back" was one of the nicer things said about Dann.

Isn't Dann on a "Never-Never" deal?

I suspected something was going on as a few minutes after we were due to kick off only long tongue Orr was out trying to impress us with his warm up routine (didn't work as he later hobbled off). Some three minutes after we should have started the second half I clearly saw a Rovers nobody shout to Petrovic (he was sill on the pitch fully tracksuited) to get ready. He went to the back of the technical area and stripped off. Now if you have a 'hammy' it doesn't happen towards the end of a 15 minute interval. And the low tensity warm up from Petrovic during half time told me Givet wasn't injured.

It was a strange sequence of events but one which will be hidden away in the Ewood vaults as so many other things have.

Anybody else notice that when orr was warming up on the pitch for the second half the trainer must have ask him what wad going on - his response......'That f'ing pr1ck'. Wonder who he was on about.

When Givet athletically went to his seat in the dug out...

How did he get there? Pole vault?

Extremely strange turn of events. I don't buy all these conspiracy theories that players keep punching Kean in the eye (how many is that now? It's wishful thinking). But I can definitely believe that Givet and Kean had a massive spat.

The people near to where I sit said that a load of security people had run into the tunnel before the players were due to come out, then came the delay.

On the BBC interview, Kean's face does look sore under the eye and across the nose.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17984354

This is May 3rd and his face is red on here too, though not quite as bad...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17980488

Looks just like a rash to me. Pity though.

I was watching it live on Premier League TV in Bangkok.

The half time studio commentary which had majored around how crap and disinterested Rovers had been was stopped and we were told that 'something' was happening at Ewood.

Mentally I thought pitch invasion or better still that Kean has been smacked. The show then went live to Ewood and there was Kean in the tunnel obviously telling the Wigan players, who were lined up ready to go on the pitch, to go back to their dressing room. Couldn't hear anything but gestures from Kean made that obvious and it looked like Wigan did go back in. I could not see a singe Rovers player at that stage.

Must say Kean had a face like thunder - IF it had been a medical emergency then Kean would surely not have been the one in the tunnel as I would hope he would have been with the ailing player. The studio then mentioned Givet having a heart issue but then the game commenced and soon after they said Givet was OK and lo and behold he soon appeared on the Bench.

I suspect at the very least Givet has a bust up with Kean although Dann would also be a target for Givet. How would a 'real' footballer like Givet fancy playing alongside Dann.

Wrong thread but Dann went AWOL on Wigan's goal and not one Rover challenged for the cross - there were 2 Wigan players who could have scored.

Looks just like a rash to me. Pity though.

I've said it before but the podgy pasty faced Jock has very bad facial skin condition. He always looks red blotchy and spotty on TV.

Extremely strange turn of events. I don't buy all these conspiracy theories that players keep punching Kean in the eye

Is it not the 2nd or 3rd time he's been smacked? With remarks of 'look at the video' from the same person each time?? <_<

Is it not the 2nd or 3rd time he's been smacked? With remarks of 'look at the video' from the same person each time?? <_<

Well I was told from an ex-player from our PL winning days who is still connected with the club and witnessed the event for himself. So either he's lying or Kean did at least get one thump.

Archived