BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What really happened at half time?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I remember correctly the commentators tried to go to the pitch side reporter to get a Givet update, then said "Oh, um, he's not ready for us...." - wonder what that was all about?

I don't know what happened at all. I think the hamstring injury or the heart scare just doesn't add up. I think Gael probably said something about the tactics not working (which they clearly werent), Kean and Gael came to verbals and Kean subbed him. End off.

Whatever happened, we lost our experienced defender and we were a shambles all over the pitch with some diabolical performances from some of Kean's signings.

Givet is just another player who does not give a toss about Rovers, I dont know where all the love for Givet comes from, maybe if his head was right to play against wolves in the first game of the season we might have got a result? Instead he was thinking about himself and possible money he was lossing to the taxman. He is another player will be off on the first plane out of here the first chance he gets.

Givet is a good player and a good pro imo. He'll play at a high level next season imo.... as will Hoillett. Everybody else will struggle to find another club in the Prem and never mind the top half of the Prem.

Givet is a good player and a good pro imo. He'll play at a high level next season imo.... as will Hoillett. Everybody else will struggle to find another club in the Prem and never mind the top half of the Prem.

Olsson will find a good club if he's played in his natural position (hint: he's not a full back).

Robinson will find a good club. Yakubu will too. We might be saddled with the rest unfortunately. If nothing else I hope we're not stuck with Pedersen.

It was not Orr and Givet that were arguing in the dressing room.

It was not a hamstring strain.

It was nothing to with with heart palpitations.

I have it on very good authority that Givet and Kean had another almight bust up at half-time about the way we were playing. Givet subsequently refused to play after telling Kean he did not have a clue what he was doing and that his tactics were inviting pressure. The two ended with Givet pinning Kean to the wall by his neck with his forearm.

This explains perfectly why Sky felt sure they had a breaking story, the confusion in the tunnel, Sky panning to the security guard (who prevents people getting down the tunnel) talking furiously down his mike, Givet strolling out without limping and taking his seat and no other players responding to him at that time. Orr mouthing at the physio may have been in relation to the incident but I am not sure.

The same source has also stated that at half-time away at Bolton, Robbo and Roberts had a blazing row with Kean and told him he did not know he was doing. They told him they would run the team for him. Roberts immediately went to Reading and Robbo was suddenly also in bad books.

Believe what you will.

Backs up Hunt's leaked email which reveals that Kean had lost the dressing room way back in the Autumn.

Olsson will find a good club if he's played in his natural position (hint: he's not a full back).

Robinson will find a good club. Yakubu will too. We might be saddled with the rest unfortunately. If nothing else I hope we're not stuck with Pedersen.

+1 ( a mark of 2 in the LET said it all)

Of course we will be. No other club would be stupid enough to pay what we're paying him.

Sorry, shouldn't criticize Mort. He's forever made a scapegoat for his sh!t performances.

Of course we will be. No other club would be stupid enough to pay what we're paying him.

Sorry, shouldn't criticize Mort. He's forever made a scapegoat for his sh!t performances.

Sh!t I can take; being rubbish isn't a choice. Not putting your body on the line, not playing with any passion, heart or guts IS a choice and is unforgivable when we're fighting relegation. To be fair he's not been alone in that; merely the worst culprit.

The red mark on the side of Kean's face in the post match interview is the product of a good open handed slap given just over 45 minutes earlier.

The nub of what happened was half time Rovers dressing room=

PLAYERS: "We have got to win this game. We have never played this system before and its not working. Let's change it."

KEAN: "No"

GIVET: "Well play mon ami francais Nzonzi alors, cos he is the only guy we've got who can stop Wigan from overwhelming us."

KEAN: "I'll never play him again after that black eye he gave me."

PLAYERS: "Why is he on the bench then?"

KEAN: "The owners told me to"

GIVET (in a display of Gallic solidarity): SLAP

Exit Kean to tell the Wigan players to go back to their dressing room. Exit Yak who wanders out onto the pitch and had to be brought back...

Enter Petrovic. Mega fast lies concocted (300 beat per minute heart rate AND a hamstring strain)

PANIC!!! QUICK get the medical team out of the dug out to the dressing room to attend to the fully fit Givet

OK I have taken a whole load of liberties but you get the gist...

And it wasn't the Zonz who gave him a slap weeks ago, not what I heard anyway.

You seem to know them so can you enlighten us all please?

I DON'T KNOW THEM and that's the point! I'm growing tired of conflicting stories. I want to know what happened down there, and can't understand why people have to make certain things up, if that is indeed what is happening here!

Imagine if you are someone like Givet or Robinson, who have played at the highest level in the Champions League, for your country at World Cups and Euros and you are sitting there listening to that bellend Steve Kean giving tactical instructions that make no sense, in a game you need to win to survive, or all season for that matter. I'm surprised more players didn't question him. That's right, they did and the play for other teams now.

Heart scare? Nah I don't think so...

I was watching the game on TV here in Brisbane where we get Sky commentary.

I don't know who the commentator was but he was an absolute clown all through the game. He claimed that the fans were giving the team great support until the co-commentator told him the chants were for Kean out...

When Givet didn't come out at half time the commentator simply immediately launched into the only thing he knows about Givet and his previous heart concerns. There was no reason to suspect it was a heart concerns, just an inept commentators Pavlovian response to a Givet 'situation'.

The same commentator at the end of the game also mistook blue and white clad Wigan fans for Blackburn fans.

I would be very confident that whatever went on it wasn't a heart scare.

I have seen the half time incident a lot of times now. The part that was shown on television.

There is no doubt that Howard Webb was telling the Wigan players something about a heart beating to fast. He shows it with his hands. Then you can see every medic standing in the tunnel, speaking in their mics.

Conclusion: Something is not right, and I doubt that Givet had problems with his heart, but there is no doubt that Howard Webb and the other persons in the tunnel thought that it was something wrong with Givets heart.

And it wasn't the Zonz who gave him a slap weeks ago, not what I heard anyway.

He got two slaps and Zonz I understand was one, another player intervened and Kean threw a punch, so Kean got another smacking, obviously not hard enough cos his mug was still on TV yesterday!

Eye witness reports beginning to trickle through that stewards separated Givet/Kean over Nzonzi. This is not verified yet. But its taking a life of its own right now.

So if Kean barred Givet from playing in the 2nd half then Kean is directly responsible for the Wigan headed goal from a cross into the Rovers box which went unchallenged. Givet off the pitch and Dann was AWOL wonkering on the goal line!

:glare:IF....the clown has had a smack in the eye on Monday, then it'll be good and black by now. Can anyone get down to the training ground and try and get a photo.

Black eye pees!

So if Kean barred Givet from playing in the 2nd half then Kean is directly responsible for the Wigan headed goal from a cross into the Rovers box which went unchallenged. Givet off the pitch and Dann was AWOL wonkering on the goal line!

Well he's responsible for N'Zonzi not playing the last 3 games. Surely our best mid-fielder? So nothing new there.

Always ready to sacrifice Rovers for himself.

So an altercation on the training ground with N'Zonzi, which led to another player getting involved. Then another incident at the game about N'Zonzi.

Shame no one had their mobile phone recording.

Dann as been AWOL all season ..

Archived