BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The players who care for our club....

It was evident to me last night, from the Darwen End, just how much Paul Robinson cares for, and loves, this club of ours. He was the only player who stayed to applaud the fans, and when we all sung "Robbo loves Rovers and hates Steve Kean" he gave us a thumbs up. The man is a legend and he will be sadly missed when he is shipped out along with Roberts, Salgado, N'zonzi, Rochina, Petrovic, Samba, Nelsen et al..

If Givet *did* punch Kean, as is alleged, then I applaud him too.

Huge respect for the fan who walked across the pitch, totally unchallenged by anyone, to throw his season ticket at Kean. The hail of season tickets at the end onto the pitch was a site to behold.

Personally I feel totally numb today. I'm beyond anger, this has been the culmination of a decline that we have all seen coming since November 2010. I don't feel like this is the club I supported any more.

If there is a truth to be outed, as people allege, then please let it come out. Whatever the consequences. I don't know what the truth is, but some claim to. We've all read rumours and we deserve the truth. Even if it means our club faces sanctions. I'd rather be a fan of an honest, well run club than the farce we see now.

RTID.

Robbo, Dunn, Salgado, Givet. Struggling after that.

I think that's about it. I suspect when the season is over we will hear a lot more from certain players in the media about the reality of life at the club. Salgado first and foremost.

Bradley Orr shouldn't be allowed to wear blue and white again in his life.

Question in my mind last night was, "Is Anthony Modeste a Venky's love child?" I mean, the man runs away from the ball when it seems easier to make a challenge, he has two left feet and the most wayward and ineffectual shot of any 'striker' (sic) seen at Ewood Park since the halcyon days Norman Bell (who could at least hit a cows arse)..

There was only ONE person who came out of last night with anything. Paul Robinson. Everyone else can faff off, as far as I'm concerned - journeymen, out of touch with the reason we all go to football matches, disinterested and dismal. Sack em all.

Question in my mind last night was, "Is Anthony Modeste a Venky's love child?" I mean, the man runs away from the ball when it seems easier to make a challenge, he has two left feet and the most wayward and ineffectual shot of any 'striker' (sic) seen at Ewood Park since the halcyon days Norman Bell (who could at least hit a cows arse)..

There was only ONE person who came out of last night with anything. Paul Robinson. Everyone else can faff off, as far as I'm concerned - journeymen, out of touch with the reason we all go to football matches, disinterested and dismal. Sack em all.

Modeste is what I call deceptively slow, he also jumps for the ball, but his feet never leave the ground. I think his level of play, is a good Sunday pub player.

I've been a massive critic of Pedersen for years, but thought he was doing ok until the last 6 games or so. Previously committed and seemed to love the club. Think he has had enough now.

Dunn know's he's on to a good thing.

Robinson is an absolute hero. Model pro, great player, and the one who looked bothered in recent times.

Salgado and Givet obviously care a lot - but have been treated abysmally.

The rest are a collection of mercenaries, journeymen, never-has-been's and never-will-be's.

Ironic that the only player to speak out this season was Keith Andrews. Deserved so much better from the fans - but his only issues were with Kean and Venky's.

Really? He cared so much he took every opportunity to speak up for Kean and down at the fans....

Agreed.

Dunn gets an easy ride because he was born in Gt Harwood, but some of the stuff he's come out with this season has been shocking, from a supposed Rovers fan.

Robbo, Salgado, maybe Givet an MGP I would say care about the club.

The rest couldn't give two hoots as long as somebody pays their overinflated wages.

For me it doesn't matter if players have a deep love of the club (it would be nice to see but is not required), as long as the players are professional and give their all every week then that's all we should ask for.

This season has highlighted that we have been a soft touch when it comes to players, we have been keeping certain ones because they care and have an affinity with the club but at the same time are past it and should have been moved on years ago. Football especially modern football is a competitve business, you have to constantly adapt your squad to the competition otherwise you die. There is no room for sentimentality in today's game.

Agreed.

Dunn gets an easy ride because he was born in Gt Harwood, but some of the stuff he's come out with this season has been shocking, from a supposed Rovers fan.

The rest couldn't give two hoots as long as somebody pays their overinflated wages.

I'm not sure that Robbo, Salgado or Givet are driven by a great passion for the club, but they do seem to be people who have a great passion to do the best they possibly can in their chosen profession. We have (in Robbo/Givet) benefited from this attitude and behavioural trait, and should have with Salgado.

Dunn does care massively. He's always had a bit of fractious relationship with fans though, especially those on messageboards (if anyone remembers his comments in an interview from years back).

It's also interesting to read comments from Matt Derbyshire and Jon Stead. Clearly both care greatly - one a boyhood fan and another who loved his time here. Souey knew to get out of the Championship you need a certain type of player and a certain attitude. Those might not be Premier quality but would be ideal to come back next year.

Agreed.

The players should do their talking on the pitch. By that score Dunny's love for the club can't be argued, however Pedersen clearly couldn't care less about Rovers. He was a disgrace last night and against Spurs - my Grandma has more fight and heart than that wuss. But hey, he says the right things on his blog so it's all good eh? Empty words. Same goes for several others - in fact the only ones to look even slightly committed recently have been Robbo, Dunn, Givet and Lowe. The rest aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Talking about players that care I see Grella is suddenly fit enough to play again and made his comeback in the reserves today,Shame, Kean and relegation must have upset him and he`s put himself in the shop window.

• Backroom

The players should do their talking on the pitch. By that score Dunny's love for the club can't be argued, however Pedersen clearly couldn't care less about Rovers. He was a disgrace last night and against Spurs - my Grandma has more fight and heart than that wuss. But hey, he says the right things on his blog so it's all good eh? Empty words. Same goes for several others - in fact the only ones to look even slightly committed recently have been Robbo, Dunn, Givet and Lowe. The rest aren't fit to wear the shirt.

Dunn has been every bit as bad as pedersen, running around and jumping in when not needed doesn't equal great effort to me, if Dunny cared as much as he should he would take better care of himself.

I would still say he cares about the club more than most along with Robbo, Salgado, givet, Lowe and Pedersen.

Some of them may not be up to scratch anymore but seem to have a genuine affinity for the club.

I think many fans have confused Pedersens form for lack of caring, more likely he does not care for the manager and it is very difficult to perform on your own when you dont believe in what the boss is telling you to do.

Dunn will be fine in the championship, probably his swansong year next season. Pedersen also will do well if he stays and I can see that happening if the club gets sorted out. It would be awesome to keep Givet and for someone like Salgado to manage the club.

Wish he would go back to the reserves, not good enough!

Lowe has shown he cares, by applauding the fans at EVERY GAME HE HAS PLAYED IN, and by his commitment on the pitch.

So, youre writing Lowe off based on his debut season, playing in a poor side, playing out of position, with tactics from a clueless manager! ? If so, youre being incredibly harsh!

Dunn has been every bit as bad as pedersen, running around and jumping in when not needed doesn't equal great effort to me, if Dunny cared as much as he should he would take better care of himself.

I would still say he cares about the club more than most along with Robbo, Salgado, givet, Lowe and Pedersen.

Some of them may not be up to scratch anymore but seem to have a genuine affinity for the club.

well put, tom! :rover:

Archived