BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC Radio Lancashire phone-in this evening

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they were just laughing at the bluntness of it. The presenters probably had a remit to be a little cautious - Good old Ferguson called a spade a spade.

Too young to have seen him play but he's now a hero of mine. Well done, sir. Please keep telling it as it is to the press.

That is an excellent point. Nobody has said sorry. Not even Bradley Orr - and certainly not Steve Kean - could find it within himself to apologise for the relegation.

You are talking about a man who after umpteen matches where his tatics have been abysmal has never once come out and said "i got it wrong".

Should have had him on earlier in the show, given him some more air time he certainly told it how it was.

It was a good show all round, especially the BBC journo speaking from India, interesting when he said if a Prem League football team was going to be owned by an Indian company. "Venkeys would not of been in the top 10 of people he would of thought of who would buy a football club."

Very impressed with Ian Battersby. More sense from him tonight in 75 minutes than 18 months of utter nonsense from the current manager and owners.

Battersby needs to be involved in some way in this clubs future,he does come across very well.

+ 1 to both posts.

I would like to see Ian Battersby involve somewhere at rovers whether it Chairman or just on the Board of directors.

Couldn't listen to any more after hearing Jason Wilcox's "Kean's dignity" spiel. Although he slated him as an ineffective manager he totally ignored Kean's complicity in the shafting of the club by his disgusting subservience to his Indian benefactors. Sorry to miss Fergie, though!

Battersby HONESTLY saying there is no link between SEM, Venky's and Kean!!!!

Dear me.

He didn't say that -he said he didn't feel it was a conspiracy as such to down the club as suggested by one caller but that Kean made himself complicit by standing alongside them rather than front up and say what was really going on.

Selective hearing at its best Matty , be fair.He also went on to say 'venkys get out'

The caller said it wasn't a conspiracy, he said 'Kentaro advised the owners, Kean is a client of those advisors, those are facts.'

Steve Kean was appointed manager of BRFC because he's SEM, how can it be possibly be argued otherwise?

The caller said it wasn't a conspiracy, he said 'Kentaro advised the owners, Kean is a client of those advisors, those are facts.'

Steve Kean was appointed manager of BRFC because he's SEM, how can it be possibly be argued otherwise?

Well put it this way there was total support from Battersby and Radio Lancs for the removal of Venkys and Kean'' it has run its course , they can never come back from this point of no return with the fans''

If you knew he was going to be a sh1t manager before he was appointed then hats off to you.

Not trying to be confrontational mate-we are all p1ssed off with it

If you knew he was going to be a sh1t manager before he was appointed then hats off to you.

You thought he was going to be a success? After Kidd, after Ince? He had achieved bugger all in the game, in no way was he qualified.

Me, I kicked off the day he was appointed, for both football and non football reasons. Doesn't make me an expert, but just someone who knows this club and the chances of a complete novice being successful.

You thought he was going to be a success? After Kidd, after Ince? He had achieved bugger all in the game, in no way was he qualified.

Me, I kicked off the day he was appointed, for both football and non football reasons. Doesn't make me an expert, but just someone who knows this club and the chances of a complete novice being successful.

fair enough pal -wish fecking Venkys had spoken to you then cos its a wholesale disaster

Just listened to that portion of the programme which I missed. Very disappointed to hear Battersby claiming to have been 'sickened' by the 'abuse' Kean received against Bolton. What a load of sh*te. If our own apparently lucid supporters are propagating this nonsense then what hope do we have?

Battersby appears to be talking sense on all counts. If the owners sack Allardyce then engage SEM for advice and Kean is already at the Club and happens to be a client of SEM, and is pushed into the manager's position as a result that is neither particularly surprising nor concerning. Anderson has previously gone on record that he advised the owners against sacking Allardyce.

If however Kean subsequently turns out to have little or no ability as has proved to be the case, and he appears to be little more than a mouthpiece for the owners, then that is how conspiracy rumours gather pace. The owners could allay a lot of fears by sacking Kean forthwith. At least it would give the impression of giving a damn what happens to the Club.

Archived