BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Petition discussion

Sorry for starting a new thread regarding the petition on the forum at the moment but it is locked off and I felt it important to bring up a point.

There have been numerous surveys etc done on this site previously and I was concerned about the numbers that have participated,The reason being, whilst I do realise they reflect a percentage representation regarding the chosen topic, what I was concerned about was that a petition with a thousand names on it could be misconstrued as the total amount that want Kean out.Surely if a petition is going to be effective it needs to be running in the tens of thousands.Could the petition possibly be linked to all the other Rovers sites such as Vital,Brag etc. to bring the numbers up.I know time is short but if this is going to be effective we really need to get the numbers up.

On a different not the comment section on the petition is preceding the actual comment box so in order to leave a comment you have to scroll through them all to get there ,could the mods possibly shift them around. apologies if I sound like a whinger.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been three previous petitions the last one had around 2000 signatures, but another can't do any harm imo, as more people have shifted their opinion, although it needs to be more accessible with another petition which people can sign in person.

The last ones never really had an impact due to them being done online

Guest Wen Y Hu

Probably best to put this in the Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed thread, really. Valid point you have made about numbers, but sign-ups to date have been astonishing. We have been in touch with various sites, groups, etc., so just do your bit to spread the word and let those who want to do something have their say.

The position of the comment box is something I will ask Glenn to look into, but I cannot change it, unfortunately.

Edit: By the time I had replied, everyone has jumped in. Fair enough! I'll change the link in the closed thread and direct traffic here.

On hindsight maybe it would have been better setting up outside Ewood before the last couple of games,The worry is Kean will put the petition down to the "2 percenters" again,twisting it to his advantage.if we could get at least 15-20 thousand signatures there would be no doubt and no hiding behind misconceptions.The owners still believe its a small minority judging by comments made by them when Hunts official departure was announced so a large show would dispel any doubt.

We need to get this out to everyone, get it updated on Facebook, get it posted on twitter we need as many as people as possible to sign it.

Likely won't make a difference, but you don't know if you don't try.

Absolutely pointless and clutching at straws, which is understandable at this stage but time and energy must be spent on more productive courses of action. I know people will argue 'It's better than nothing!' but in this case it's really not. This petition will have no effect whatsoever on the fate of our club. Are we still working under the illusion that Desai just needs a wake-up call? You know, because the 'Kean Out!' chants ringing around the stadium, the absolute disaster on the pitch, the lambasting by the media at home and abroad, the thousands not renewing season tickets, and of course the tiny detail of RELEGATION hasn't got the message across yet? In the face of all that, Venky's have continued to back Kean unconditionally. This has passed the point of plain naivety. There is a calculated design behind the unraveling of this club, and a petition isn't about to change that.

Absolutely pointless and clutching at straws, which is understandable at this stage but time and energy must be spent on more productive courses of action. I know people will argue 'It's better than nothing!' but in this case it's really not. This petition will have no effect whatsoever on the fate of our club. Are we still working under the illusion that Desai just needs a wake-up call? You know, because the 'Kean Out!' chants ringing around the stadium, the absolute disaster on the pitch, the lambasting by the media at home and abroad, the thousands not renewing season tickets, and of course the tiny detail of RELEGATION hasn't got the message across yet? In the face of all that, Venky's have continued to back Kean unconditionally. This has passed the point of plain naivety. There is a calculated design behind the unraveling of this club, and a petition isn't about to change that.

Petitions rarely change things. What they do do though is change people's perceptions. It might not change the woman's mind but it is mor ammunition when the press start looking and saying that Rovers fans in general are not that bothered. Petitions make others look even is she won't. We all know that nothing short of Armageddon or a huge amount of dosh is going to change her mind and even then, I wouldn't bet on it.

• Backroom

There has been three previous petitions the last one had around 2000 signatures, but another can't do any harm imo, as more people have shifted their opinion, although it needs to be more accessible with another petition which people can sign in person.

The last ones never really had an impact due to them being done online

The difference is this time someone believes it will get to the right person

Now I'm not sure why or where that beleif comes from but maybe there is something in it

• Backroom

I have a faint glimmer of hope this'll work Tombers, hence why I've signed it, but honestly... I'm inclined to agree with Topman. Surely they can't still be so ignorant to the level of pure hatred towards Steve Kean at this point? Desai's advisers have apparently made her very aware of this.

We can't go into details, but normally I'd have agreed on the futility of another petition, especially one done solely online with very little planning.

However, something happened late last night that convinced us that this one would actually make it directly into Mrs D's hands. If we'd have had a bit more notice, we'd have got ALL of the various Rovers communities involved (online and offline) and we'd have had an army of volunteers collecting physical signatures too (and I'd I'd have bought us some more resilience on the site). But given that only landed on us late last night (and the trek to London and back today didn't help) and Mrs D is meeting Kean on Tuesday, we simply had to make do.

I still think it's a slim chance it'll make and impression, but at this stage. I'll take that.

We can't go into details, but normally I'd have agreed on the futility of another petition, especially one done solely online with very little planning.

However, something happened late last night that convinced us that this one would actually make it directly into Mrs D's hands. If we'd have had a bit more notice, we'd have got ALL of the various Rovers communities involved (online and offline) and we'd have had an army of volunteers collecting physical signatures too (and I'd I'd have bought us some more resilience on the site). But given that only landed on us late last night (and the trek to London and back today didn't help) and Mrs D is meeting Kean on Tuesday, we simply had to make do.

I still think it's a slim chance it'll make and impression, but at this stage. I'll take that.

According to Nick Harris, Kean is flying out on Tuesday with the meeting taking place on Wednesday.

This is assuming Desai actually owns the club. ;)

She certainly doesn't seem to make any decisions so it makes you suspect she isn't the main player.

According to Nick Harris, Kean is flying out on Tuesday with the meeting taking place on Wednesday.

Gold star for anyone that spots Anderson in the UK next Wednesday

Signed it, shame that time has been against us and that people couldn't get more signatures offline as has been suggested by Glenn.

I've signed it but i think her mind is made up one way or another now anyway.

If she hasn't made her decision by now Kean going over there will only end in him convincing her that he is the man for the job.

Whenever someone does something to try and make a difference, whether it's protests or petitions, there is always this thing that "you're wasting your time", or "it will make no difference", or "get behind the team", or "I don't believe in protests"**.

Well done to the people organising it. Every little helps spread the word.

**noticeably, some of these people are making big noises on twitter and elsewhere about the relegation we've just suffered.

Archived