BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

Robbo: although I like him a lot, I think he

Should go. When bunn played vs manure and Liverpool he did not only have a couple of great saves but he also did not kick the pall all over the field, maybe because he's not able to. Agaimdt pool and we actually started to build our play from the back, and I was so disappointed when we went back to the hoofball when robbo got back from injury. I don't think we will get rid of that if we don't change our goalie.

I've been thinking over the past weeks if I want us to lose our first games in hope of kean finally getting binned, but I have come to the conclusion that I've been down that road before and it did not work. I want rovers to be successful, even if it means kean will get success as a result of that

Good point concerning Robbo and building from the back....I love the guy personally but will not be too bothered about him leaving.

As for your last point, when I considered it I reached the same conclusion as you did. And if we lose all our games at the start of the season, then a few players might leave because of it, as well as making it harder to get adequate replacements in.

I would love if Kean did become a decent manager and get us promoted.....then if it was up to me I'd sack him as soon as promotion was confirmed.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The squad that has gone to Austria, with a couple of additions, has more than enough to challenge for promotion next season.

I wouldn't mind seeing an experienced Championship striker who is capable of scoring 15+ goals in that league and a solid, reliable defender.

In my opinion, Rochina, Vuckevic and Formica should cause Championship defences no end of problems!

Steve Kean remains our primary problem.

Cheers, Im glad someone shares my thoughts on the lad!! I am certainly looking forward to seeing him in action this coming season

With good coaching, he could be a top, top player, he has everything, just help with his decision making, he's without doubt the best striker of a football at the club!

Rochina looks so comfortable on the ball as well, so typical of Barca players, that calm and collective ability on the ball.

His lack of pace eats much from his skills. He scored a beauty at Fulham but otherwise got a feeling his shot is actually quite awful. Ruben is still very young lad and maybe the championship is his chance.

His lack of pace eats much from his skills. He scored a beauty at Fulham but otherwise got a feeling his shot is actually quite awful. Ruben is still very young lad and maybe the championship is his chance.

The two he scored against Man U reserves in the cup final were two of the best strikes I have seen, even SAF wanted to know where we had got the lad from!!

Rochina has one big problem and its not one he has any control over.

He is played out of position all the time or else he is simply not picked.

He is not the only one. For me its very hard to argue for or against any of our players.

Were they poor last season? Yes.

But was the team organised to give the players a fighting chance? No

The merrits of each and every player can be argued but in the end the manager picks the team and sorts out the tactics.

Really hard to see how any player could do well at rovers right now.

In terms of ability Rochina is by far the best player we have but his decision making is atrocious, you can see he has been 'schooled' by Barca but I suspect a major reason as to why they let him go is down to his decision making.

The secondary problem is Kean, who either plays him out of position or for long periods of the season didn't pick him. He needs a run of games playing in the role Junior played, if he is given that and he improves his decision making he can become a really good player for us & run riot in the championship like QPR's Taraabat did.

I have just seen Kamy retweet a message from somebody who seems to be an agent or something and was just wondering if anybody knew anything about it? Could be a possible transfer target...

It said -

James Henry Cross@SportsAgentJHC

Productive day, now on way for a meeting at Blackburn.#McHaleSports #brfc

Retweeted by Northern Rover

If Kean became a good manager I'd be happy to have him around! No point in binning a good manager just because of the past! Although I doubt he'll become a good manager... I would love him to and then we'd be a success! I know... Not a chance!

(null)

To be fair to him, as well as the two goals against Utd reserves, he scored a nice one away at Stoke and almost scored another one 5 mins later and that beauty in that friendly in India.....I think on the whole his shooting is pretty good......apart from that one from near the half way line at Old Trafford.

Is it true that Myles Anderson has signed a new 2 year deal?

I think this is a misunderstanding on the part of a certain person on twitter. Said person has been asking why Anderson was still around as he thought he only got a one year contract. Andy Cryer responded by saying "He signed a two year deal" - meaning (IMO) he still has a year left of his original contract.

If Kean became a good manager I'd be happy to have him around! No point in binning a good manager just because of the past! Although I doubt he'll become a good manager... I would love him to and then we'd be a success! I know... Not a chance!

(null)

Either you're about 12 and I forgive you, but if not, this is a foolish post.

Rochina needs proper coaching. Imagine him picking it up 30 yards out playing a simple pass, making a run into space, recieving the ball on the edge of the box and being more direct with a weighted pass or taking on ONE defender and getting a shot off. So much potential but he is a show pony who often looks startled. Headless chicken with no composure.

In terms of ability Rochina is by far the best player we have but his decision making is atrocious, you can see he has been 'schooled' by Barca but I suspect a major reason as to why they let him go is down to his decision making.

The secondary problem is Kean, who either plays him out of position or for long periods of the season didn't pick him. He needs a run of games playing in the role Junior played, if he is given that and he improves his decision making he can become a really good player for us & run riot in the championship like QPR's Taraabat did.

Yeah something like this

-----------Best-------------

---Rochina-----------------

Vuckevic Murphy Petrovic Formica

Not sure how anyone would grumble with that. Maybe not alot of pace, but we'd have Nunes and Olsson on the bench.

Not sure who posted it but I liked the point somebody made about Robinson and the long kick outs. I hope we can change our style to a bit more ball retention and a slower pace, as we have a squad which in my opinion has more technique than anyone in the championship.

I have no problem saying goodbye to the premadona's N'Zonzi, Junior, Olsson, MGP.

Still think we could do with another Center half and maybe another attacker, I would accept a couple of loanees.

* Petrovic is my early dark horse for Player of the season next year. I don't think he is anywhere near fit and struggled with the speed in the Prem. There is a player in there somewhere, and he has an excellent long pass on him most of the time. Maybe just needs a full preseason and someone like Danny Murphy to bring him along.

Martin olsson just tweeted:

Back in the uk #blackburn

Maybe this ties in with the tweet from kamy earlier about an agent at ewood. The players are supposed to be in austria right now, correct?

Not Olsson, he got extra time off due to the Euro's

Yeah something like this

-----------Best-------------

---Rochina-----------------

Vuckevic Murphy Petrovic Formica

Not sure how anyone would grumble with that. Maybe not alot of pace, but we'd have Nunes and Olsson on the bench.

Not sure who posted it but I liked the point somebody made about Robinson and the long kick outs. I hope we can change our style to a bit more ball retention and a slower pace, as we have a squad which in my opinion has more technique than anyone in the championship.

I have no problem saying goodbye to the premadona's N'Zonzi, Junior, Olsson, MGP.

Still think we could do with another Center half and maybe another attacker, I would accept a couple of loanees.

* Petrovic is my early dark horse for Player of the season next year. I don't think he is anywhere near fit and struggled with the speed in the Prem. There is a player in there somewhere, and he has an excellent long pass on him most of the time. Maybe just needs a full preseason and someone like Danny Murphy to bring him along.

I like this post; Petrovic may well be a dark horse, but I think he struggled with speed full stop, let alone the pace of the premiership. He has an eye for a pass, but he is woefully underblessed with pace. Still, I would like to see him, Simon, Rochina all given a chance this season. I think if Rochina plays in the hole, he could well be a trump card in the Championship; if his crime is decision making, then that is somethign that can be educated.

I know, re-reading that message made me realise how daft I sounded but I was merely trying to say for the sake of the club I really hope we do well and if that means kean does well, then so be it!

This was in response to above

I like this post; Petrovic may well be a dark horse, but I think he struggled with speed full stop, let alone the pace of the premiership. He has an eye for a pass, but he is woefully underblessed with pace. Still, I would like to see him, Simon, Rochina all given a chance this season. I think if Rochina plays in the hole, he could well be a trump card in the Championship; if his crime is decision making, then that is somethign that can be educated.

If Barca were unable to do it, what makes you think Kean etc. will? I'm big fan of the guy, but he has his flaws just like any other player.

Archived