BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im still dreading how Kean will set this team up. I think he felt forced to go 4-2-3-1 at a feeble attempt to stop conceding goals, the fact he played dunn as a cdm showed he ddint know how it was supposed to work.

At the moment I think he will either go to the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond he started with when he first started pretending to be a manager or maybe carry on with the 4-2-3-1 or a more simple 4-4-2 but I imagine he will put murphy and dunn as the cm's/cdm's and our midfield will get pulled all over the place and we will continue where he left off conceding goals and sinking down the league with him just standing in his ill fitting suit looking absolutly clueless while we clutch at straws hoping this week he gets the sack up until we lose badly to Burnley and the fans show their dissaproval while the newspapers slag us off and say how much dignity Kean has and alan shearer will be quoted with saying "you dont become a bad manager overnight".

alan shearer will be quoted with saying "you dont become a bad manager overnight".

"And it was only 2 weeks ago they wanted him there".

If nobody else leaves I think Kean will mostly play this -

Bunn

Orr Dann Hanley Givet

Formica Murphy Lowe Pedersen

Dunn

Best

60/70 mins - Marcus Olsson on for Formica with Pedersen moved to the right

60/70 mins - Dunn replaced by like Henley or someone who drops into defensive midfield and Lowe plays off the striker

88 mins - Goodwillie for Best

If Barca were unable to do it, what makes you think Kean etc. will? I'm big fan of the guy, but he has his flaws just like any other player.

Barcelona came to the decision that he wasn't good enough for them, or at least, wouldn't be any time soon. Now, as much as I love Rovers, we have to realise that there are a lot of players that aren't good enough for Barcelone, but would easily walk into our side. Rochina has a ton of ability and is still very young, if he's given the chance to learn how to play he could develop into a very good player.

Oh I know, I just don't think it's as simple as people would like to believe. It's a split second instinct to make the correct decisions in a game of football, to some it comes easier than others.

Quite often, a realy good player will play a ball into space, players of lesser ability will not hit that space so the guy on the ball looks a numpty, likewwise, to make correct decisons, you do need pressure and support from players off the ball, clever runs and movement give the guy on the ball options, we had few options last year!!

Going back to the Barca issue, they are spot on with their movement and finding space to recieve the ball, they also play in very tight situations, we cant do any of those things but a good coach would be all over Rochina like a rash, he is a special talent and with the correct handling, would become a great player and I dont say that lightly, he has so much ability, its frightening!!

Quite often, a realy good player will play a ball into space, players of lesser ability will not hit that space so the guy on the ball looks a numpty, likewwise, to make correct decisons, you do need pressure and support from players off the ball, clever runs and movement give the guy on the ball options, we had few options last year!!

Good point. There were also a few occasions when Rochina looked to play a forward pass beyond their defenders but there was nobody making a forward run. This happened a few times especially at Old Trafford.

We really need to work on our movement off the ball......West Brom away and Stoke at home especially was, well pathetic really....players just passing to each other and standing still.....it's a joke how much we need to work on some of the basics that I remember being taught when I was in Primary School.

Barcelona came to the decision that he wasn't good enough for them, or at least, wouldn't be any time soon. Now, as much as I love Rovers, we have to realise that there are a lot of players that aren't good enough for Barcelone, but would easily walk into our side. Rochina has a ton of ability and is still very young, if he's given the chance to learn how to play he could develop into a very good player.

Barca insisted in a buy back clause in Rochina's contract. That surely must say something about the lad?

Barca insisted in a buy back clause in Rochina's contract. That surely must say something about the lad?

Also I think I might have read at the time that they wanted to keep him for the time being but he wanted to leave the 2nd division for regular football......I mean they also let Fabregas and Pique go but I imagine there would be hundreds of players world-wide who are not good enough for them that would start for us.

I'm sure that they thought that he had talent and the buy-back clause is just a way of covering themselves in case he turned out to be something special. I don't think he is ever going to get to a level where Barcelona will be interested in him again, but he could certainly turn into one of our best players.

I'm sure that they thought that he had talent and the buy-back clause is just a way of covering themselves in case he turned out to be something special. I don't think he is ever going to get to a level where Barcelona will be interested in him again, but he could certainly turn into one of our best players.

Put Rochina with Wenger or Hughes and he could well become so good Barca will want him back.

With Steve -the fraud- Kean, sorry.

I think that's a Barca policy isn't it? Covers there arses that way.

However I agree with all the posts above, the lad really is talented and it's just criminal he's left to waste on the bench.

Bunn

Orr Dann Hanley Givet

Dunn

Best

60/70 mins - Dunn replaced by like Henley or someone who drops into defensive midfield and Lowe plays off the striker

Problems: Dann is awful, formica can't play on the right midfield and needs to be where dunn is, Lowe is yet to prove himself at cm, and givet will not get the cover he will need at left back and will be exposed time and time again.

Stupid that these kind of problems could be solved by having a manager who knows how to organise a team and know his players.

Usually the buy back clauses in the contracts of former Barca or Madrid players are only valid for 12 or 24 months. So who knows which category Rochina falls into, not that they are going to buy him back anyway let's face it.

Im still dreading how Kean will set this team up. I think he felt forced to go 4-2-3-1 at a feeble attempt to stop conceding goals, the fact he played dunn as a cdm showed he ddint know how it was supposed to work.

At the moment I think he will either go to the 4-1-2-1-2 diamond he started with when he first started pretending to be a manager or maybe carry on with the 4-2-3-1 or a more simple 4-4-2 but I imagine he will put murphy and dunn as the cm's/cdm's

I think based on current squad it will be 4-4-1-1

Midfield/ Attack looking something like:

------------------------------Best------------------

--------------- Gomes -----------------------------

Rochina --- Murphy--- DM / Silva ----- Dunn

Bunn

Orr Dann Hanley Givet

Dunn

Best

If Rovers are to go up then they need to be scoring around 100 goals for the coming season, can you really see that with this lot ?

If Rovers are to go up then they need to be scoring around 100 goals for the coming season, can you really see that with this lot ?

What are you talking about? Nobody scored more than 85 goals last season. The champions got 69.

What are you talking about? Nobody scored more than 85 goals last season. The champions got 69.

Rovers will need to score far more than 70 goals next season if they are to go up with the calibre they seem to be lining up at the moment.

Ask yourself then will the team that salgado put out will they score 70 plus goals

Bunn

Orr Dann Hanley Givet

Dunn

Best

So in your eyes yet again Kean is going to pick some of our worst and least committed players?

That team with Kean in charge would be knocking round the bottom half of the league.

Archived