BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

Did you see him towards Joe Hart when Sweden scored against us.? Knobend.

He's a tool.

Did you see Joe Hart in the penalty shoot-out against Italy? Bigger tool.

Captain defending his team. Hart had been pushing some of the celebrating Swedes just prior to that.

Zlatan is world class, anyone claiming otherwise haven't seen him play many games. AC Milan will struggle without him and Silva next season.

Indeed.....and Silva is arguably the best centre back in the world. PSG might be a real threat in the Champions League next season....they have a pretty scary looking squad.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

silva best centreback? where do you get those ideas? thats a strong claim when you have a world cup, 2 time euro winning defender like pique, a champions league winning defender in john terry, etc, i know you said arguably but milan didnt even win the scudetto.

silva best centreback? where do you get those ideas? thats a strong claim when you have a world cup, 2 time euro winning defender like pique, a champions league winning defender in john terry, etc, i know you said arguably but milan didnt even win the scudetto.

You hardly just named two of the best defenders in the World did you? Pique has been dropped several times for Mascherano when Puyol has been fit and John Terry is just John Terry.

Shearer won 1 trophy his whole career. Matt Le Tissier and Tom Finney never won anything. Louis Saha has won 2 Premier Leagues and a Champions League. Jonathan Greening, Jesper Blomqvist and Djimi Traore have also won the Champions League. Wes Brown has won 5 Premier Leagues, 2 Champions Leagues and an FA Cup and John O'Shea has won 1 less Champions League than Brown.

I consider Thiago Silva to be the best centre back based on his ability....with Puyol and Lucio not far off at all.....and Pique, Kompany and Vermaelen next.

Terry is a great ball-winning defender.....he needs someone sweeping up behind him so I don't consider him one of the best in the world.

Fair enough, I do apologise for that....I've got to start learning to research before making statements.....I rate him highly though....178 league games since 2006...115 goals....impressive but not what I said.

I used to watch quite a bit of Italian football and he is honestly some player.....in Europe, Inter especially would rely on him too much and the opposition would concentrate on him enough to mark him out the game.....he did score 2 crucial goals at the Emirates for Barca and bossed Arsenal in the 4-0 at the San Siro recently......he probably doesn't play as well in bigger games but the same criticism can be made at Ronaldo and Rooney among others.

And loads of players are arseholes.....the ego usually comes attached with being an unbelievably good footballer......some of his quotes are pretty hilarious also.

He is not rated as highly in Britain because he never really used to do it against English sides but domestically he is unbelievable......I used to watch Inter and AC games mainly for him and he would always demonstrate his class.....there's a reason all these teams paid loads of money for him......and some of his goals are among the best in recent times...even his one at the Euro's was probably the best at the tournament.

Fair assessment. Being a Swede I see him play a lot, and watching him live for three games in the Euros was a great experience. He's so powerful on the ball it's almost silly, shakes off behemoths like Terry and Diarra like they're kittens and still delivers goals and assists, lots of them beautiful, on a constant basis. As for being a bit of a tool, I chalk that up to the fact that he's a professional footballer.

Zlatan may be an a-hole and his ego is the size of a continent for sure, but the guy got alot of personality too, which makes him a "great quotes" machine, in a sport where most players are really boring individuals.

As for his actual skills, his career is world class and some of his goals are straight up historic, plus the combination of his strength and technique is almost incomparable.

Top 10 players of his generation for sure.

If he was malaysian venkys would sign him for sure.

Higuin, Rooney, aguero, villa, drogba, neymar, RVP, Tevez, Suarez and benzema

HAHAHA no way! Higuain, rooney, neymar, Tevez, suarez , Benzema Definatly not! Aguero has a little more to produce to go to be world class.

Rvp is about the same but different style.

Villa I agree with.

Higuin, Rooney, aguero, villa, drogba, neymar, RVP, Tevez, Suarez and benzema

messi??????????? ronaldo????????????

lot of thought went into that list, i was sure only blinkered scousers would say suarez is world class given the option of suarez and a limited end product or Cisse at the barcodes i know who i'd want.

You're seriously putting John Terry in the same bracket as Silva and Pique?!? :lol:

Go on, name them.

Messi

Ronaldo

Falcao

Cavani

Rooney

Agüero

Van Persie

Benzema

Papiss Cissé

Neymar

Higuain

Villa

Gomez

Balotelli (at least when he bothers)

Errrr.... I'd claim that at least six or seven of those are better, possibly more, but I agree that Zlatan is definitely up there.

yes i am, oh i forgot terry is english so is rooney, they MUST be overrated because silva has achieved so much hasnt he? i mean a move to the french league is such an achievement, you english bashers make me laugh, im sure if pele and maradona were english you would have said they were overrated and dont say you wouldnt because i know for a fact you would, terry and rooney are two of the top players in the world, anyone says otherwise is just deluding themselves, that said english players on the whole are overrated as heck

Saying that Wayne Rooney isn't world class is a bit laughable. His goal-to-game ratio is basically 1 in 2 for United and he has won everything that there is to be won. On top of that he has been the key figure in that side, at least in the attacking sense, ever since Ronaldo left and, even before that, he was still central to the way the side played. He's versatile and is often asked to play in a way that isn't natural for an out-and-out striker or goalscorer, but he's a wonderfully talented player. He would make any team in the world, simple as.

You can easily accuse him of not producing his best form for England in tournaments ever since he burst onto the scene at Euro 2004, but injuries and fatigue have not helped out in that respect.

Ibrahimovic is an extremely talented player who can destroy any side when he is on form and interested, but week-in-week-out he is far from reliable and he's extremely inconsistent. The signing is a massive coup for PSG as it is the first truly big-name player to come to Ligue 1, but there is a reason why none of Europe's major clubs are rushing to beat them to the punch.

yes i am, oh i forgot terry is english so is rooney, they MUST be overrated because silva has achieved so much hasnt he? i mean a move to the french league is such an achievement, you english bashers make me laugh, im sure if pele and maradona were english you would have said they were overrated and dont say you wouldnt because i know for a fact you would, terry and rooney are two of the top players in the world, anyone says otherwise is just deluding themselves, that said english players on the whole are overrated as heck

Terry is a decent, backs-to-the-wall defender - nothing more. Rooney has never done it for England because at United he is surrounded by better, foreign players. That said there is an argument for Rooney being in the top 10 world strikers but he'd not be in the top 5. John Terry is simply NOT in the top bracket of defenders.

I'm English, but also a realist.

As for Ibra, definitely one of the most talented players around, but also one of the most inconsistent and temperamental. For a lot of teams the latter outweighs the former.

Archived