BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The travelling squad to Austria: Robinson, Givet, Dunn, Formica, Bunn, Petrovic, Dann, Orr, O'Connell, Rochina, Marcus Olsson, Blackman, Murphy, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Hanley, Best, Kean, Lowe, Henley, Anderson, Morris, Nunes, Usai and Gomes.

So no Nzonzi, Olssen *1 ( i'm guessing Olsson*1 might have been granted more time due to Euro Involvement), Hoillet and Gamst joining the team but Robinson, Formica, Vukcevic, Dann and Rochina go. INTERESTINGLY SO DOES M.ANDERSON BUT NOT RIBERO LOL Also despite speculation linking Goodwillie away he has also gone. Oh and who is Usai???

Read into all this what you will.

Usai='new' keeper hmm anybody got any info' on him was unaware of him until now (hard to keep track down in cornwall at times).

The travelling squad to Austria: Robinson, Givet, Dunn, Formica, Bunn, Petrovic, Dann, Orr, O'Connell, Rochina, Marcus Olsson, Blackman, Murphy, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Hanley, Best, Kean, Lowe, Henley, Anderson, Morris, Nunes, Usai and Gomes.

So no Nzonzi, Olssen *1 ( i'm guessing Olsson*1 might have been granted more time due to Euro Involvement), Hoillet and Gamst joining the team but Robinson, Formica, Vukcevic, Dann and Rochina go. INTERESTINGLY SO DOES M.ANDERSON BUT NOT RIBERO LOL Also despite speculation linking Goodwillie away he has also gone. Oh and who is Usai???

Read into all this what you will.

Usai='new' keeper hmm anybody got any info' on him was unaware of him until now (hard to keep track down in cornwall at times).

Usai is a young goalie.

If Kean had signings forced on him last year then that would surely debunk the theory he owns part of the club?

But if he didnt want Goodwillie as has been suggested, why did Kean find it neccessary to lie, ie. Goodwillie is like |Rooney, he scores all kinds of goals, long range, headers tap ins etc!!!

This is all made up to cover Keans back, as always, we have learned he lies all the time, even the Fulham Promotion saga when he wasnt even at the club, its Walter Mitty all over again!!

But if he didnt want Goodwillie as has been suggested, why did Kean find it neccessary to lie, ie. Goodwillie is like |Rooney, he scores all kinds of goals, long range, headers tap ins etc!!!

This is all made up to cover Keans back, as always, we have learned he lies all the time, even the Fulham Promotion saga when he wasnt even at the club, its Walter Mitty all over again!!

Kean said: "He's an exciting young player and I think it was time for him to move from Scotland. He's a player that scores all types of goals. I think he'll give us a different dimension. He's bubbly, he's a natural finisher and I think he'll be a great addition." The Independent :) He has however gone with the rest of the squad unlike Gamst, Olsson*1 and Hoillett oh and Ribero :)

GK - Robinson, Bunn, Kean, Usai

RB - Orr, Henley, Lowe

LB - Givet, Henley, Morris

CB - Givet, Dann, Hanley, O'Connell

RM - Vukcevic, Formica, Dunn, Rochina

LM - Rochina, Marcus Olsson, Nunes, Morris, Vukcevic

DM - Petrovic, Lowe

CM/AM - Formica, Murphy, Vukcevic, Rochina, Dunn

ST - Rochina, Best, Nuno Gomes, Goodwillie

I've not bothered to include Blackman or Anderson for obvious reasons and I don't know the situation with Slew if he isn't going to Austria, maybe he's going out on loan. As it stands, personally I am happy with our goalkeeping and striker situation as well as at right back and probably left wing also.

We desperately need a centre back and I presume GIvet and Dann are off as well. If Orr is at right back, I am happy for Henley to play a lot at left back but he can't all the time and if Givet stays I'd prefer him in the centre so an experienced left back is also needed...someone like Shorey. As for defensive midfield and right wing, these are positions I am happy for loan players to help fill such as the likes of Frimpong or Miyaichi, or anyone decent. If Silva comes then we should be alright in the middle of the park.

Imo, that squad could probably survive in the premier league, let alone gain promotion so what we desperately need now is a new manager.

Goodwillie was just one of players who Rovers bought but there wasn´t even place in starting eleven for the type he is. Absolutely no chance Goodwillie ever makes it alone at top. Or Rochina on wing. Formica played a lot on wing which isn´t his natural position. He helped defence a lot but that´s why couldn´t help on attack. Petrovic was brought in as a box to box midfielder. How could he do that without legs? His passing didn´t convince either. Hard to say about his shot as I don´t remember seen him shooting.

RB - Orr, Henley, Lowe

DM - Petrovic, Lowe

I've not bothered to include Blackman or Anderson for obvious reasons and I don't know the situation with Slew if he isn't going to Austria, maybe he's going out on loan. As it stands, personally I am happy with our goalkeeping and striker situation as well as at right back and probably left wing also.

We desperately need a centre back and I presume GIvet and Dann are off as well. If Orr is at right back, I am happy for Henley to play a lot at left back but he can't all the time and if Givet stays I'd prefer him in the centre so an experienced left back is also needed...someone like Shorey. As for defensive midfield and right wing, these are positions I am happy for loan players to help fill such as the likes of Frimpong or Miyaichi, or anyone decent. If Silva comes then we should be alright in the middle of the park.

Imo, that squad could probably survive in the premier league, let alone gain promotion so what we desperately need now is a new manager.

Not strong enough for promotion in my eyes. Even though they are different players, I don't think Murphy is much better than N'Zonzi. I would agree we need someone consistent in the AM role though. Best/Gomes is a step down from Yakubu, so I can't see us anywhere near the top 6 with current squad under our current manager.

RB - Orr, Henley, Lowe

DM - Petrovic, Lowe

That back line is as bad as any i've ever seen at Rovers. I know the Championship has changed into a entertaining league nowadays. But that fragile little lot we call a back four will get destroyed. We will need someone with experience in there. Who's the modern day equivolent to Craig Short or Henning berg? Cos we need to find him pronto.

Not strong enough for promotion in my eyes. Even though they are different players, I don't think Murphy is much better than N'Zonzi. I would agree we need someone consistent in the AM role though. Best/Gomes is a step down from Yakubu, so I can't see us anywhere near the top 6 with current squad under our current manager.

I agree we have a leader in Murphy, Dunn when in the side will always play with heart as will Lowe but what i don't see in the side is the sort of players who will play with that extra heart/desire to lift or lead a side. You could argue that Gamst had passion even if he was very easily pushed off the ball and to some extent (hard for a keeper to push a team forward Robinson). I worry really worry we are not buying the right sort of players (i.e just 1/2 of portugal instead). Yes Murphy but we need at least x2 more of his experience of English Leagues. Preferably a hard no bones central defender a solid proven striker (with premiership experience and no i don't count best) and a midfield hardman like Batty made of true grit. Really not enough British steel/grit/passion in this side as yet-seems all very soft. I know he wasn't British but it was telling the impact a player with heart and grit like JJ made to our side.

Hanley and Givet play a hard enough game, I hope they'll be the first choice pairing this season and Dann is a pretty good backup option in the Championship. I think we need an enforcer in the middle, and although he has been pretty poor the past couple of seasons, Anthony Annan would be perfect for that role in the Championship. He will run around and protect the back four all day, and probably wouldn't cost too much as he's out of favour at Schalke 04.

With the players that have been brought in so far I can see Kean trying to play that diamond formation again:

RB - Orr, Henley, Lowe

CBx2 - Givet, Dann, Hanley, O'Connell

LM - Peds, Rochina, Marcus Olsson, Nunes, Morris, Vukcevic

DM - Murphy, Petrovic, Lowe

AM - Formica, Vukcevic, Rochina, Dunn, Murphy

STx2 - Rochina, Best, Nuno Gomes, Goodwillie

I was considering us with a decent manager. Under Kean we will finish bottom 6. Hanley and Givet is a good premier league partnership and the likes of Formica, Vukcevic and Rochina will be very good C'ship players......we don't look like we have a proper goalscorer anymore but I think the rest of the team could chip in enough to compensate for that.

That back line is as bad as any i've ever seen at Rovers. I know the Championship has changed into a entertaining league nowadays. But that fragile little lot we call a back four will get destroyed. We will need someone with experience in there. Who's the modern day equivolent to Craig Short or Henning berg? Cos we need to find him pronto.

Although the guy is a complete prick, I think Orr played pretty well in the prem and he has C'ship experience. Henley looks a really good prospect and people who watch reserve/academy games say he is the stand-out performer....he is quite lightweight though. I think a CB pairing of Hanley and Givet will be fine and physical enough to cope....Givet is no pushover and Hanley is a no-nonsense defender who I can't remember being shrugged off the ball too often, if ever. You're right in suggesting we need a big domineering CB though....although I don't have many suggestions.....Sol Bamba has just gone to Trabzonspor he would have been useful......Olof Mellberg has just left Olympiacos, he would be ideal......David Wheater? Kaspars Gorkss? Does anyone know if Jos Hooiveld was getting a game at Southampton?

So does anybody know why Gamst hasn't been included-is he on his way out? (or is there another reason). His blog has been very quiet of late!!

back next week.

got a extra week off cos he played international football this summer.

back next week.

got a extra week off cos he played international football this summer.

If that was the reason then surely Petrovic and Vukcevic wouldn't be in there either.

For what it is worth, there seems to be a suggestion on twitter that Valerenga are after him.

No chance that MGP is leaving us for Valerenga, even if we are a Championship side. Norway played quite a lot of international games, so not surprising to see MGP getting a little bit longer.

People listing players out of position AGAIN! How many times. Dunn isn't a RM, neither is Formica and neither is Rochina. Then on the left Rochina isn't a LM either and the likes of Marcus Ollson and Morris aren't worth listing, because they are simply very poor and Nunes is a nobody. Granted Vuckevic is a good winger, he's the only one at the club. So I'll reiterate again we need 2 more wingers at the club, theres no point in playing people away from their best positions or we will just end up where we were last season. And DM, Murphy IS NOT one, neither is Lowe, Petrovic isn't good enough, therefore we need a DM. I'd also say we still need another striker, who will 99% GUARANTEE GOALS at this level. Therefore that's another 4 players we need IMO plus a couple of defenders. Which means, and I know I'm saying it again, but we are a million miles away from a top 6 side. The team is just far to imbalanced.

Archived