BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

IMO, Rovers' transfer strategy, if there is one, remains a feckin joke.

RSC ? how can anyone be serious after his last loan spell that cost the club an absolute fortune in return for the square root of s.f.a..

Only too glad that I will be enjoying an extra holiday pre Christmas rather than lining of the pockets of, IMO, the lunatics now owning / running our club.

Bumped into someone well connected with one of our Championship rivals last night and asked him, tongue in cheek, what he thought of the Rovers' threat. He almost spat his drink over me and burst into raucous laughter. Pretty much summed-up the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in now.

which club does he work for???

enjoy your pre christmas hoilday? going anywhere good???

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumped into someone well connected with one of our Championship rivals last night and asked him, tongue in cheek, what he thought of the Rovers' threat. He almost spat his drink over me and burst into raucous laughter. Pretty much summed-up the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in now.

It wasn't your bookie friend was it? I've heard that he has his ear close to the ground.

Put it in perspective. If you or I walked in to our employer's office and said, "I know my contract of employment is based upon a number of clearly stated and agreed terms that I had my legal advisers and agent look over in detail before I signed it, but I now wish to renegotiate these terms because new employees are getting more favourable treatment than I agreed to." How do you think the employer is likely to respond?

Yes. I thought so.

It is another example of how players in the modern game are destroying any notion of morality, honesty and honour.

I couldn't care less if Givet was the best player in the world. He is one man. A highly paid so called 'professional' and he has a team of highly paid advisers who would appear to have let him down. Let him take up his grievance with them, not with the club that, in good faith (or with his fingers crossed) he agreed a deal with last year.

The obvious point here is that Givet is premiership quality and someone will take him if we fall out with him. I don't think we really hold many cards here.

On a structural level he should be in the top bracket of player wages, so presumably the same as Murphy and Best.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170678/David-Goodwillie-set-leave-Blackburn-Rovers.html?ITO=socialnet-twitter-blackburnmail&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Probably rubbish but thought I'd post it.

If we want another striker, that'd mean Goodwillie is probably 5th choice. He isn't quick, strong or tricky, and I think he would become sellable for the right price.

I would get someone with a bit of pace who plays on the shoulder; maybe Nicky Maynard. He could compliment the stronger best, more intelligent Gomes and the tricky Rochina.

That article says "Manager Steve Kean wants to cash in having bought Leon Best and Nuno Gomes to compete with Ruben Rochina and youngsters Jordan Slew and Nick Blackman." However most places seem to indicate one of our remaining transfers will be a forward, and if Goodwillie goes I hope so as Slew and Blackman IMO aren't up to being back-up.

I would get someone with a bit of pace who plays on the shoulder; maybe Nicky Maynard. He could compliment the stronger best, more intelligent Gomes and the tricky Rochina.

I've liked Maynard since his Bristol City days and twitter rumours suggest we want him on loan but he plays under Allardyce at West Ham so it is a bit unlikely that they would let him come to us....although still possible.

Twitter rumours also say we are after Jay Bothroyd....awful for us a few years ago but I used to live with a Cardiff fan who was a season ticket holder and he said on his day in the C'ship he was unplayable.

Also I saw on twitter that we want Sam Hutchinson on loan from Chelsea. He can play right back or centre back and is 22. He is the one that had the really bad knee injury that forced him to retire but a massive improvement saw him sign a new contract and he looks as if he's over it. I think the only time I've seen him play was against us on the last game of the season but I was really drunk that day and he might not have even played so I can't really comment on what he's like.

And am I right in thinking we can loan as many players as we want? We should really be making full use of loaning players anyway. I would like to see a few come in from the academies/reserves of the likes of United, Chelsea and Arsenal....actual good players though not ones like Mame Biram Diouf, Franco Di Santo and Danny Simpson.....like that Piazon guy who played for Chelsea in the Youth Cup Final....he looks really good......Ferguson is mates with Allardyce and I doubt Wenger likes us that much either but if they think it is the right move for the player in question I can't see them not wanting to send them here.

So you were in a bookies in Burnley?

Bit of a shame that Goody will be offloaded if a buyer can be found. Think he would do reasonably well in the championship but it has to be at the right club. Considering he wasn't a Kean signing I'm not too surprised by this, especially as Kean seems to be getting a say with transfers now.

4th favourites to win it according to most bookies at the minute.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner

Have people forgotten we've still got Kean in charge? :blink:

4th favourites to win it according to most bookies at the minute.

http://www.oddscheck...pionship/winner

Have people forgotten we've still got Kean in charge? :blink:

Nail on head.

Also, accepting that Murphy and Best maybe half decent at Championship level (providing that Murphy doesn't get bullied out of it), with Robbo, Ollson1, Nzonzi and Hoilett all likely to leave, we are left with, IMO, a pretty much dispirited and desperate bunch who rolled over too easily and too often last season.

Unlikely that it was all sweetness and light when training began on Thursday and already the odd rumour about to suggest that.

I honestly can't see us rising above mid table and yet again, as last season, many supporters are getting overly optimistic.

Nail on head.

Also, accepting that Murphy and Best maybe half decent at Championship level (providing that Murphy doesn't get bullied out of it), with Robbo, Ollson1, Nzonzi and Hoilett all likely to leave, we are left with, IMO, a pretty much dispirited and desperate bunch who rolled over too easily and too often last season.

Unlikely that it was all sweetness and light when training began on Thursday and already the odd rumour about to suggest that.

I honestly can't see us rising above mid table and yet again, as last season, many supporters are getting overly optimistic.

Says the fella who said we could "put our house on" not going down....

What is it with you and your love of wild long ranging predictions based on little other than hunches? That mostly turn out to be wrong? You do no harm by it, but you do make yourself ripe for parody.

The way I look at it now is simply I want the best players we can possibly get in. I hope Silva comes in. I hope we get a couple more decent signings. I hope we keep a good number of the players possibly persuaded that decent players are or have come in. Because heres the rub - if baldy cant get them playing well he hasnt anywhere left to go. It will be players he chose, a team he has picked completely, there will only be one person to blame and finally, I think with shebby here it will be reported back to Venkies. Even if Shebby hasnt got the power to pull the trigger himself he may have enough infuence to persaude Desai to finally get rid of Baldy. Im not suggesting we give Badly a chance - hes had too many - im just confident he wont be successful in the championship and his days will be over.

Archived