BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are sadly mistaken, it had everything, balance, great defence, creativity, goals and organisation!

It did but compare the quality of opposition in 2012 to 2001, the league is a lot tougher now with so many teams matching that description - it was only a good run from Xmas onwards that year that sealed the deal. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

That team wouldn't finish in the top ten of the league we are about to compete in.

no fella that side would easily be mid table in the Prem , that side had everything and a top manager at the helm uinlike the clown in charge now

It did but compare the quality of opposition in 2012 to 2001, the league is a lot tougher now with so many teams matching that description - it was only a good run from Xmas onwards that year that sealed the deal. Nostalgia is a wonderful thing.

The key then to a turnaround was the signing of the magnificent Henning Berg

Sorry i think that team would rip apart most teams in championship and to be honest a lot of the prem. nothing to do with nostalgia, Duff was showing how good he was going to be, Dunn was looking like the real deal (pity all those injuries and not quite taking care of himself took there toll. Jansen was a tragedy with his crash. Some really tallented young exciting players. Never mind all the experienced players.

Footballing evolution....change in rules i.e contact on players fouls , pace of the game etc ,we did have a couple of exciting youngsters but the game has moved way beyond that level ,especially now with barcelona being the team to idolise

Footballing evolution....change in rules i.e contact on players fouls , pace of the game etc ,we did have a couple of exciting youngsters but the game has moved way beyond that level ,especially now with barcelona being the team to idolise

Yes the game has moved on but the point is that team had real pace. And with the change in contact/fouls - I think that particular team would have benfited. Would rather take it than most teams in the championship now! It was a fast passing team

That team wouldn't finish in the top ten of the league we are about to compete in.

Barmiest post I've ever read.

Friedel - one of the top 3 keepers to grace the Premier League in the last 10 years.

Damien Duff - During World Cup 2002 he showed himself to be genuine World class - went on to star in the Chelsea team.

Matt Jansen - despite a stupid mistake he would have gone on to play for Man Utd. or Liverpool.

David Dunn - back in the day was on an even par with a young Lampard.

The Premier League is weaker than it has ever been, despite a lot of old tripe with Premier League experience, The Championship isn't all that at all.

For me, the key signings that season were Berkovic and Hughes - both had massive experience and impact.

All sports have improved ! thats why sprinters and jumpers and the like continue to break records ,its not hard to work out really is it? with improved coaching method and sport science ,younger players learning from watching the stars of the past will continue to improve there own game ,it will be the same agin in another 10 years time ,it aint abad thing.

Tarabt was a poor mans Duff, No central pairing last year compared to Berg and Short, indeed, Blackpool got to the play off final with a team who would have been mullered by that Rovers team!!

So one day someone will run the 100m in 5 seconds?

I personally think we won't see the evolution of sports continue in the same tempo as it has in the past, but let's discuss the transfer window.

I think we need to do a lot better to go up. I think we're a little weaker than when we got relegated but at least we got a 'can opener' in Danny Murphy, but Leon Best is no improvement on Yakubu and neither Gomes or Murphy is better than Hoilett. I'm glad there's no mass exodus as I initially feared, and that we're actually spending a little money in this window. One last chance for Kean from the owners, but I am having difficulties accepting giving him one myself.

Venky's out.

I personally think we won't see the evolution of sports continue in the same tempo as it has in the past, but let's discuss the transfer window.

I think we need to do a lot better to go up. I think we're a little weaker than when we got relegated but at least we got a 'can opener' in Danny Murphy, but Leon Best is no improvement on Yakubu and neither Gomes or Murphy is better than Hoilett. I'm glad there's no mass exodus as I initially feared, and that we're actually spending a little money in this window. One last chance for Kean from the owners, but I am having difficulties accepting giving him one myself.

Venky's out.

Yes that's what I was thinking, one day there will be an end to record breaking as it would be near on impossible to get much faster than the current record.

Barmiest post I've ever read.

Friedel - one of the top 3 keepers to grace the Premier League in the last 10 years.

Damien Duff - During World Cup 2002 he showed himself to be genuine World class - went on to star in the Chelsea team.

Matt Jansen - despite a stupid mistake he would have gone on to play for Man Utd. or Liverpool.

David Dunn - back in the day was on an even par with a young Lampard.

The Premier League is weaker than it has ever been, despite a lot of old tripe with Premier League experience, The Championship isn't all that at all.

For me, the key signings that season were Berkovic and Hughes - both had massive experience and impact.

It was a good team with some great players - the 4-1 away win at Bolton was a particular highlight of mine that season... However, the point is, when that team was playing at this level the quality of the league was nowhere near what it is today. When we went down we were the big fish in a small pond, this time it is different - At least we had a 'real' manager back then!

Venky's out.

100 mts in 5 secs shut up you fool ,why try to exaggerate my point to try and make my post look silly?? also did i say at the same tempo? no i just said sports have and will always evolve and athletes get fitter stronger faster hahahaha ....Now back on topic!

100 mts in 5 secs shut up you fool ,why try to exaggerate my point to try and make my post look silly?? also did i say at the same tempo? no i just said sports have and will always evolve and athletes get fitter stronger faster hahahaha ....Now back on topic!

You didn't need me for that. I can see you evolving and producing even sillier stuff ten years from now ^_^

I bet that's what they said in the 60s. Not that it will be run in 5 seconds or anything.

If you do it as a science project I guess you'd be able to push the limits even further. No clean athlete will run 100m in less than 9 seconds for a few million years.

It was a good team with some great players - the 4-1 away win at Bolton was a particular highlight of mine that season... However, the point is, when that team was playing at this level the quality of the league was nowhere near what it is today. When we went down we were the big fish in a small pond, this time it is different - At least we had a 'real' manager back then!

I dont think 10 years would make enough difference to cause that blackburn team to get battered though. You can be as fit as you want but if youve got the ability of scott dann youre in for a battering. Also the comment about minimal contact fouls, surely duff would rake them in!

I dont think 10 years would make enough difference to cause that blackburn team to get battered though. You can be as fit as you want but if youve got the ability of scott dann youre in for a battering. Also the comment about minimal contact fouls, surely duff would rake them in!

And Jansen!!

Archived