BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

heskey? oh dear!, proven to miss from 5 yards, proven to sky a ball while stood next to the goal, come on man, kean has stated to fans that gomez if he signed would be a coach to the youngsters, someone to bring in to bring some inspiration to the youngsters ect, and he can also have some kind of impact on the pitch, maybe gomez can become a actual coach here too haha.

adrien silva and fabien nunez are very exciting players, silva is so energetic its unreal box to box for the full 90? yes please. i know he played in portugal but trust me he can take the hassel and bumps from the championship, fabien nunez however is a tricky winger not a stiker! he can play as a striker but his natural position is left winger, 19 too so very exciting.

rodger johnson though mate could be a decent shout, could have dann stay too and bring that partnership back that they had at birmingham

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heskey can make the other player play better but if he is to be used as a lone striker then we may as well forfeit the game there and then.......but some Aston Villa fans I know rate him surprisingly highly.....they say if he could actually score there is no chance he would be playing for them,

someone has highlighted Tchoyi's lack of defensive work on this forum......major issue under Kean to have a player like that......good player though,

Pilkington I can't see dropping down.......but new managers don't rate certain players so we should be sniffing around teams like Norwich, Swansea and West Brom to see who might become available,

Roger Johnson was Scott Dann-like at Wolves but their partnership was very good at Birmingham......I think Dann will leave tho as he left B'Ham after they were relegated and he will still have a number of suitors from what he was like before he joined us..........Wolves spent more money on Johnson than we did on Dann so can't see him going for cheap

We do need a centre back tho that should be one of our main priorities.....especially as I think Givet will leave

I agree that any signings seem trivial whilst Kean remains "manager" but despite him not being able to keep us up last year Yakubu was still a successful signing.

My point is that we are almost nailed on to be relegated again under Kean and after that our owners will see it looks an almost impossible task to get back to the Prem....then I imagine after getting quoted at a ridiculously low price when trying to sell us, they just asset strip to there's almost nothing left and try and cut their losses.

However, how I see it is any signing of decent players, even with Kean, will be beneficial in maybe keeping us in the Championship next season. It will still be a struggle but it could be done. There's even the 1% chance that they sack Kean before the end of the season. If not, then they would have spent money on trying to get us promoted, not achieved that and realised it will take a lot more, on new players and possibly a new manager/backroom staff......then they might just accept defeat and cut their losses and sell us for a moderate fee whilst we are only in the division below.

Heskey can make the other player play better but if he is to be used as a lone striker then we may as well forfeit the game there and then.......but some Aston Villa fans I know rate him surprisingly highly.....they say if he could actually score there is no chance he would be playing for them,

someone has highlighted Tchoyi's lack of defensive work on this forum......major issue under Kean to have a player like that......good player though,

Pilkington I can't see dropping down.......but new managers don't rate certain players so we should be sniffing around teams like Norwich, Swansea and West Brom to see who might become available,

Roger Johnson was Scott Dann-like at Wolves but their partnership was very good at Birmingham......I think Dann will leave tho as he left B'Ham after they were relegated and he will still have a number of suitors from what he was like before he joined us..........Wolves spent more money on Johnson than we did on Dann so can't see him going for cheap

We do need a centre back tho that should be one of our main priorities.....especially as I think Givet will leave

Dann was actually more expensive at around an eventual fee of £7million, where as Johnson was purchased for around £5million

Dann was actually more expensive at around an eventual fee of £7million, where as Johnson was purchased for around £5million

Or if you believe the latest rumours, Dann's fee was closer to a mil or two than seven.

No feckin wonder Rovers' fans are underwhelmed.

In summary so far, gone Yak & Hoilett, going Robbo, wants away at least Olsson and very likely Nzonzi.

In Murphy, likely to come in Best, Gomes, Silva & Nunes.

What a feckin joke, just like last season, losing quality and replacing with washed-up and unproven.

In summary so far, gone Yak & Hoilett, going Robbo, wants away at least Olsson and very likely Nzonzi.

What a feckin joke, just like last season, losing quality and replacing with washed-up and unproven.

I'm not sure what else could have been anticipated when relegation was confirmed?

Its Rovers' bed to lie in this summer and this season after the huge mistakes of the last 18 months or so.

To be honest, I probably feared worse- a sell-off of most of the first team with a reliance on the youth players to fill the gaps.

If it wasn't for the manager I would be backing the current squad (minus Hoilett, Olsson, Robinson but plus Best, Silva, Nunes, Gomes) to at least challenge for the play-offs.

I think you have to bear in mind Blackburn are not a premier league club anymore. What were you expecting us to hold onto our best players? This is what happens for the most part when clubs go down.

Murphy and Best are upper championship standard for sure, and you can't possibly judge how the other 3 will do until they play. As for losing Robbo, we have two very good goalkeepers that can easily cover for his loss IMO.

Scott Dann cost us around £2m, not £7m.....and not even all that was paid upfront.

It's been fairly well documented that the actual fee was far lower than the one reported in the media.

Absolutely Eddie. In fact if last seasons performances were anything to go by I'd suggest that the fee was nearer in value to that of a tub of lard and a bag of conkers.

Absolutely Eddie. In fact if last seasons performances were anything to go by I'd suggest that the fee was nearer in value to that of a tub of lard and a bag of conkers.

And even then we would have overpaid

I think you have to bear in mind Blackburn are not a premier league club anymore. What were you expecting us to hold onto our best players? This is what happens for the most part when clubs go down.

Murphy and Best are upper championship standard for sure, and you can't possibly judge how the other 3 will do until they play. As for losing Robbo, we have two very good goalkeepers that can easily cover for his loss IMO.

Inevitable you might lose a good player or two.

But let's be brutally honest, which half decent players will want to hang around with Kean still in charge after witnessing and experiencing the shenanigans of last season.

As for signings or near signings, 3 unknown Portugese who will, in all probability, rival Modeste, Ribeiro & Petro for impact, a 35 year old on a ludicrous 2 year contract who must think Christmas has come early and an average striker for whom it's speculated we are paying £3m plus add-ons (who also just happens to be in the last year of his contract) and a fortune to in wages.

Completely underwhelmed by this crazy and, IMO, incompetent business.

Inevitable you might lose a good player or two.

But let's be brutally honest, which half decent players will want to hang around with Kean still in charge after witnessing and experiencing the shenanigans of last season.

As for signings or near signings, 3 unknown Portugese who will, in all probability, rival Modeste, Ribeiro & Petro for impact, a 35 year old on a ludicrous 2 year contract who must think Christmas has come early and an average striker for whom it's speculated we are paying £3m plus add-ons (who also just happens to be in the last year of his contract) and a fortune to in wages.

Completely underwhelmed by this crazy and, IMO, incompetent business.

Danny Murphy is undoubtedly a class player and has been extremely professional during his career on and off the pitch, i don't think he is here just for a pay day if you have never heard of nuno gomes i'm surprised, he's a well known football name throughout europe. the 19 yr old lad is clearly one for the future so it'd be wrong to slate him.

As Kamy said in an earlier post in the Silva and Nunes thread, thes two have been found by the Rovers scout who was ignored for the most part last season. This is a guy who recommended some quality players in the past so you can't group them in with the Vineeth Rao signings of Petrovic, Ribeiro, etc until they have played some games for the club. Make sense to me anyway.

As for half decent players wanting to hang around, yeah you have a point with that but that is about Steve Kean, and nothing to do with the players that are coming into the club...two completely separate issues. Players like Danny Murphy and Leon Best are the type of players that any upper Championship club would want, not just BRFC...thats the reality of the situation. it sucks but thats the way it is.

Who do some people expect us to sign? That's the question again, we are in the Championship now unfortunately so I can't see how we can do better than we are regarding transfers. Murphy and Best are both experienced players in England, Gomes has a good pedigree and has 70+ caps for Portugal. Silva is very highly rated and has been linked with Porto. I don't know very much about Nunes but at least our very good scout is being used.

Archived