BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As for signings or near signings, 3 unknown Portugese who will, in all probability, rival Modeste, Ribeiro & Petro for impact

Amazed you've not heard of Nuno Gomes. He cost Fiorentina 17m euro's in 2000 - which was very expensive at the time. He's also got nearly 80 caps for Portugal.

i agree, our signings so far are what you would expect from an established championship club not a team just relegated expecting to go straight back up, none of these players leaves me foaming at the mouth which probably means the best we can hope for is another season in the championship

Inevitable you might lose a good player or two.

But let's be brutally honest, which half decent players will want to hang around with Kean still in charge after witnessing and experiencing the shenanigans of last season.

As for signings or near signings, 3 unknown Portugese who will, in all probability, rival Modeste, Ribeiro & Petro for impact, a 35 year old on a ludicrous 2 year contract who must think Christmas has come early and an average striker for whom it's speculated we are paying £3m plus add-ons (who also just happens to be in the last year of his contract) and a fortune to in wages.

Completely underwhelmed by this crazy and, IMO, incompetent business.

Relegated teams lose more than one or two players unless their squad wasn't premier league standard to begin with. Newcastle's players were still paid Prem wages and they had a meeting where a lot of them said they were prepared to stay together and even they lost about 4/5 players.

There's difference between an "unknown" player and simply one you haven't heard of. And if you haven't heard of Nuno Gomes then I wouldn't be surprised if you had never heard of Benni McCarthy or Santa Cruz.

Fulham fans' reaction about Murphy has been almost unanimously positive, and Leon Best has been fairly positive also. In case you hadn't realised we were relegated and are now a Championship side. Just who exactly do you expect we are going to sign? For example, I bet if we asked Modeste if he wanted to stay he would be hesitant about playing in the Championship.

You say which half-decent players would want to stay but then you expect decent players to want to sign? How does that work?

Yes to a larege extent while Kean is around we all fear that it doesn't matter who is signed, but in my honest opinion the two signings so far are definately top 6 championship level. Pleased with Best but would be happier if we heard about any potential defensive signings. we are looking a bit thin back there

Transfer Rumours@TransferNews_TR

Wolverhampton Wanderers are set to swap Striker Steven Flecther for Blackburn Rovers Morten Gamst Pedersen

Haha if only......the phrase "bite their hand off" comes to mind. Maybe it's just cos their new manager is Norwegian and people are putting 2 and 2 together. Or maybe he is genuinely a fan after watching MOTD all these years. Let's all hope it's the latter, Fletcher would be a very good signing. Ex-dingle but whenever he played for Wolves he seemed to score. Very good in the air as well.

Transfer Rumours@TransferNews_TR

Wolverhampton Wanderers are set to swap Striker Steven Flecther for Blackburn Rovers Morten Gamst Pedersen

Haha if only......the phrase "bite their hand off" comes to mind. Maybe it's just cos their new manager is Norwegian and people are putting 2 and 2 together. Or maybe he is genuinely a fan after watching MOTD all these years. Let's all hope it's the latter, Fletcher would be a very good signing. Ex-dingle but whenever he played for Wolves he seemed to score. Very good in the air as well.

More chance of us signing Christian Eriksen!

Good to see things are coming along. We really need to see a central defender come in, and a Jermaine Jones type of player would be very handy too.

Striker wise Best, Rochina, Goodwillie, Gomes would be okay. If we lose Rochina we need another striker.

It's been fairly well documented that the actual fee was far lower than the one reported in the media.

By whom?

Please don't tell me it's someone else who is in the know? I'm absolutely sick of these ITK people, there's not one single person on this forum who is ITK, there's nothing that I have Seen anybody say which has subsequently become true. People just get there bloody info from Andy Cryer, I mean we have people claiming to be BRFCS reports/journalists, yet they've no qualifications of this sort and limited contacts, how does that add up?

Sorry not a go at you, just bored to frigging Timbuktu and back with 'i believe' 'I've been informed' 'I'm 90% certain' kind of quotations, why can't we just report bloody true hard facts.

Not exactly a queue forming for our so called want out players, Olsson, N'Zonzi, Formica, Rochina and Givet.

Olsson seems to be making the most noise, I wonder if the rest can be 'bought' although Givet may have someone's blood on his hands still, who won't want him near the squad.

All these rumoured Portuguese players coming in, have to wonder if Vukcevic will stay and get a decent chance this time.

As others have pointed out we really are need of some defenders.

Not exactly a queue forming for our so called want out players, Olsson, N'Zonzi, Formica, Rochina and Givet.

Olsson seems to be making the most noise, I wonder if the rest can be 'bought' although Givet may have someone's blood on his hands still, who won't want him near the squad.

All these rumoured Portuguese players coming in, have to wonder if Vukcevic will stay and get a decent chance this time.

As others have pointed out we really are need of some defenders.

There's plenty of time left for that to happen. Don't most transfers happen in the last week? Maybe last couple of weeks.

I'm hoping Givet's injury/heart issues put off potential suitors. Would be very surprised if nobody came in for Formica, Rochina or Vukcevic.

Likewise I also hope an influx of Portuguese players might persuade Vukcevic to stay. Hopefully he feels he has a point to prove and doesn't want to be perceived by anyone to have failed in England although we obviously know that is not the case.

Any decent centre back will do but not many of our players have Championship experience, I could be wrong but Dunn, Orr and Best look like the only ones who have, so we could do with a centre back who has played in this division before. Oh yea Dann will have experience but I presume he's leaving. If Dann and Givet both go that leaves Hanley as our only real recognised centre back and that's obviously a big issue.

Completely underwhelmed by this crazy and, IMO, incompetent business.

Your posts are about as boring and monotonous as all the posts about Steve Kean we're forced to read daily. How can we ever be a successful team or expect players to want to come to us if our own fans are so critical of signings before they've even kicked a ball?

How can you support a team if you think experienced players like Danny Murphy, highly rated players like Adrien Silva and promising local young players like Jason Lowe are all rubbish? You're just going to spend every week expecting and hoping for them to fail just so you can massage your own ego.

The key to this summer is who we keep.

We know that Hoilett is off, the Yak has gone and Martin Olsson and Robinson look likely to depart.

It's keeping some of Simon Vukcevic, Mauro Formica, Ruben Rochina, David Dunn and even Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Even Pedersen has too much quality at Championship level in my opinion, if we can keep some of them we would be much better off.

I think Formica is almost certainly off, but I think Dunn and Pedersen will still be here, mainly due to a lack of takers elsewhere.

Rochina and Vukcevic may want to leave, I doubt either have any respect for Kean. However they could be the key to our performance next season.

The key to this summer is who we keep.

We know that Hoilett is off, the Yak has gone and Martin Olsson and Robinson look likely to depart.

It's keeping some of Simon Vukcevic, Mauro Formica, Ruben Rochina, David Dunn and even Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Even Pedersen has too much quality at Championship level in my opinion, if we can keep some of them we would be much better off.

I think Formica is almost certainly off, but I think Dunn and Pedersen will still be here, mainly due to a lack of takers elsewhere.

Rochina and Vukcevic may want to leave, I doubt either have any respect for Kean. However they could be the key to our performance next season.

Yeah with who we have signed the midfield would be good enough to dominate games in the championship if we can keep most of Simon Vukcevic, Mauro Formica, Ruben Rochina, David Dunn and even Morten Gamst Pedersen. perhaps they are hoping to persaude them to say by getting in players quickly.

If we had had Murphy at the beginning of last season I think we would have stayed up despite baldy (we would have had almost enough points if he had been taking the penalties for us last season and hadnt missed them). The sad thing of course is if they had got rid of baldy and got a good manager in then we could be looking very good.

The fat witch probably thinks we've signed George

Yeah, the long awaited marquee signing !

Who next ? Law and Charlton ?

Incidentally, Leon himself hoped that the Newcastle faithful would call him 'Geordie' Best.

while i do not agree with the way the club as beeb run, the player brought in are good, shame this was not done last season, still we have a chance of going back up

Clinging on to a bit of hope this evening over a glass of wine - I reckon there are some similarities with the signings we made last time we went up from Div One.

Best = Bent - average, young, mobile and will guarantee you at least 10 goals at our level.

Nuno Gomes = Hughes - streetwise, smart, a role model, good to bring off the bench when clinging on to a 1-0 lead at Barnsley away on a cold Tuesday night.

Murphy = Hignett/Berkovic... - getting on, creative, diminutive.

The only problem I envisage, as do most Rovers fans, is the fact that Coco is our manager. I don't agree that the majority of our current squad will stay and to be honest, it would be better to get rid of most of the muppets we got us relegated. We still need to add a strong ball winning midfielder to compliment the creativity of Murphy - something we haven't had since Sav/ JJ.

It's going to be a busy summer with plenty of outgoing players as well as incoming - what Rovers need is a fresh start but surely this is impossible as long that bald Scottish prat is still on the touchline dividing the fans. Despite all that has gone on I'm personally looking forward to some quality away trips and singing our hearts out for the lads. RTID.

Clinging on to a bit of hope this evening over a glass of wine - I reckon there are some similarities with the signings we made last time we went up from Div One.

Best = Bent - average, young, mobile and will guarantee you at least 10 goals at our level.

Nuno Gomes = Hughes - streetwise, smart, a role model, good to bring off the bench when clinging on to a 1-0 lead at Barnsley away on a cold Tuesday night.

Murphy = Hignett/Berkovic... - getting on, creative, diminutive.

The last time we were promoted, the squad included Brad Friedel Craig Short Damien Duff David Dunn Gary Flitcroft Craig Hignett Matt Jansen Damien Johnson Henning Berg

Archived