SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funnily enough...they were right. ;)

Maybe you missed the point there or maybe you just chose to ignore it. We've added experience and people are still complaining.

Murphy is a quality player and a leader in the dressing room, but people write him off. Yet we're desperate to hang on to the leadership of people like Givet that led to reported bust ups in the dressing room on match days and ended the season with us relegated.

Murphy's a mercenary, but Givet tries to pass his tax bill on to the club and then whinges that he has to take a pay-cut on his extortionate wages and people defend him. At least Murphy doesn't have a history of injuries recently and he hasn't sulked about financial issues to the point where he missed games. That means he's likely to be available more often than Givet, which immediately makes him worth more to us, no?

Why not promise players like Givet a bonus if we get promoted based on number of appearances ?

I guess, but if they're willing to pay Gomes £20K p/w then why should Givet be offered something like that? He'll be vital if we want to push for promotion, and if not offering him more money means he's off then something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Maybe you missed the point there or maybe you just chose to ignore it. We've added experience and people are still complaining.

Murphy is a quality player and a leader in the dressing room, but people write him off. Yet we're desperate to hang on to the leadership of people like Givet that led to reported bust ups in the dressing room on match days and ended the season with us relegated.

Murphy's a mercenary, but Givet tries to pass his tax bill on to the club and then whinges that he has to take a pay-cut on his extortionate wages and people defend him. At least Murphy doesn't have a history of injuries recently and he hasn't sulked about financial issues to the point where he missed games. That means he's likely to be available more often than Givet, which immediately makes him worth more to us, no?

Whatever is done with this priick in charge won't be acceptable....your a fool to think otherwise....Murphy slagged us off about 12 months ago and now here he is...

The club needs disinfecting of anything to do with this regime.

I'm not sure why Murphy's comments are being held against him so vehemently. He didn't really say anything about the club, its fans, its history or fabric. Just that we didn't play the beautiful game and we were prone to dish it out a bit. Fair comment as far as i can tell. It didn't upset me at the time and it doesn't upset me now.

So you want him to stay because he's an excellent player, but you also expect him to play for half the wages of 36 year old newcomers. Givet's position will be quite simple. "There's either money available for PL wages, or there's not. If you think others are worth far more money than me, then I'm off."

Sticking to the principle of a contract here Miker, will cost you a good [not top] player. That's the fact of the matter. If you think he's someone you want to keep, then you pay him comparable wages to others. Either that or say goodbye.

The original point from mercerman [?] about wage structures is quite valid in my opinion.

But if you give in to Givet, it is more than likely the other players will come knocking on the door and asking for the same thing. Pretty soon you'll have the entire squad knocking on the door and requesting re-negotiation of their contracts. Imagine the likes of Petrovic, Goodwillie, Orr, Dann, etc. all coming to the office in a large group yelling, "hey! You gave our pal Gael a new pay rise, now what about us?!"

RSC being linked according to Kamy on Twitter.

As much as I like roque I think we need a pacy striker to replace hoilett. Best and Gomez will be target men and likes of rochina and goodwille arnt the quickest. Think we need someone with raw pace to give us something different to our attacking options

RSC? please no! He has clearly lost his touch and he will be on massive, massive wages.

Exactly, and why all the interest in attackers, correct me if I'm wrong but our defensive record was (apart from the obvious) the reason we got relegated last season and who do we get linked with?, Anthony Gerrard...

We need to strength up front as well and in the centre of midfield. People should be happy to see activity. RSC is a fitness gamble, but would be a class above in the Championship if we could get 30 games out of him. Wages would be the concern.

But if you give in to Givet, it is more than likely the other players will come knocking on the door and asking for the same thing. Pretty soon you'll have the entire squad knocking on the door and requesting re-negotiation of their contracts. Imagine the likes of Petrovic, Goodwillie, Orr, Dann, etc. all coming to the office in a large group yelling, "hey! You gave our pal Gael a new pay rise, now what about us?!"

You tell em to get out of the office or they are sacked. A labour gain if you shut that lot. Easy to replace.

Easier to just sack Givet from the start, isn't it?

No way. If you can keep Givet and get rid of that batch of losers in one swoop it's a great day's work.

That's the whole point. If you bring in players on PL wages, others will want the same. If there's a need for clauses in players contracts that limit them to Championship wages, then championship wages should be paid to everyone, including Murphy and Best.

That's the whole point. If you bring in players on PL wages, others will want the same. If there's a need for clauses in players contracts that limit them to Championship wages, then championship wages should be paid to everyone, including Murphy and Best.

Maybe they are paid on Championship wages. Who knows?

As Kean said, Gomes himself could have gotten much higher wages elsewhere, like in the Middle East, but he chose to come here for lower wages. Could that mean he accepted Championship wages?

Bear in mind I could be mistaken though.

• Moderation Lead

As Kean said, Gomes himself could have gotten much higher wages elsewhere, like in the Middle East, but he chose to come here for lower wages. Could that mean he accepted Championship wages?

Bear in mind I could be mistaken though.

Probably the only thing Kean has said that I've agreed with....

Well this whole discussion is based on them being on higher money. If they aren't, what are we all talking about?

Look, before these idiots took over the assylum, rovers - or John Williams - had an excellent reputation with agents, players and fans. Why - because he always tried to be fair. For instance, if a player had offers from another club Williams took the general view that it wouldn't be fair to stop that player moving on if he could get much more money elsewhere. So if he could match those wages, he would do his best to keep the player at Ewood. If he couldn't match the wages he would say "thanks and good luck at your new club" He could have course have said to the player what some fans on here are saying - that "you've signed a contract and you must stick to it". Williams and the club were better than that and realised that in the long run it's best to be fair. That's one of the reasons we were so well respected.

As for Givet, yes the club can say "you've got a contract, so stick to it". Givet would likely be off though. If you want the club to run it's affairs in such a strict manner, where some have to take wage cuts, while some come in on top money, then plenty of others will follow him.

We need to strength up front as well and in the centre of midfield. People should be happy to see activity. RSC is a fitness gamble, but would be a class above in the Championship if we could get 30 games out of him. Wages would be the concern.

Surprisingly, he managed 30 + games for Betis last season...must've been the weather!

IMO, Rovers' transfer strategy, if there is one, remains a feckin joke.

RSC ? how can anyone be serious after his last loan spell that cost the club an absolute fortune in return for the square root of s.f.a..

Only too glad that I will be enjoying an extra holiday pre Christmas rather than lining of the pockets of, IMO, the lunatics now owning / running our club.

Bumped into someone well connected with one of our Championship rivals last night and asked him, tongue in cheek, what he thought of the Rovers' threat. He almost spat his drink over me and burst into raucous laughter. Pretty much summed-up the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in now.

Archived