BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brsit Statement On Yesterday'S Email.

http://www.brsit.co....sterdays-email/

The statement in full:

The BRSIT has recently come under criticism concerning an email that was sent to our database yesterday.

First of all, we would like to apologize if this email caused you any inconvenience or upset, this clearly wasn’t our intention.

Over the past 6 months, the BRSIT has led a continual action to reach out to all BRFC supporters to highlight our proposal. This email campaign was the result of 6 months of ongoing email data capture from various sources to gain a marketing database.

The information we have gathered is only composed of names and email addresses and all allegations that we might have collected postal addresses, bank details, or phone numbers are totally false.

We would like to make clear that the email list held on record is in no way connected to Blackburn Rovers FC or WEC Group whatsoever. We have received no information from BRFC, however we have been provided with information from members of regional and national supporters groups which may have been provided to us without each individuals’ knowledge or consent.

The email clearly gives unsubscribe options that will ensure the recipient is never contacted again.

There was an administration error on the unsubscribe page that mentioned season ticket holders, this was incorrect and amended as soon as it was notified.

Once again, we apologise unreservedly for any distress caused and will ensure any unsubscribed recipients will be deleted immediately

We will continue in our proposal to give all BRFC supporters the capability to own a share in the club we support with the backing of all local MPs, businesses, community leader and supporter groups.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRSIT need to do their homework a little better. I can prove with 100% certainty my email details have been taken from the onerovers site.

On this site my SON is registered as the account holder for our season tickets. The email address used to register the account is mine. The name in the email To Box is my son's. When I followed the update subscription preferences the link went to a WEC group address and showed my son's name and my email address.

BRFC is the only place where my son's details and mine would be linked in this way to Rovers.

BRSIT may not have received this information directly from Rovers but there is absolutely no doubt this mailing list originated from data collected by onerovers.

As for the bit about six months data capture, this cannot apply to me. There has been no Internet activity linked to our onerovers account in over 14 months. When I renewed the STs it was by phone and other than one email to Paul Hunt I have not emailed the club in years. Therefore I don't believe this statement from BRSIT

I have screen shots of all of this as I suspected BRSIT would clean it up pretty quickly.

Also you say it's in no way connected to the WEC group? But isn't the unsubscribe email link straight to WEC???

it did. It has a redirect on it now.

The link on my email is http://wec-group.us1...subscribe?.....

When I click on it, it now goes to http://brsit.us1.list-manage.com

The other link to 'manage preferences' still does go to a wec link.

And I'm guessing Tom hasn't suddenly got all technical and been signing up to all sorts on the web Paul :)

Hope the family are all well.

No he hasn't Ricky and yes thanks everyone is great. Saw Tom about an hour ago.

• Backroom

Sounds like a venky special that!

I expect an interview with Wayne Wild soon saying he is confused

But seriously that doesn't answer the questions people have at sll especially why if it has nothing to do with WEC then why was it redirected there at first

Well that didn't work did it Stubbs? Outed in an instant. You need to be aware that telling lies requires a remarkeable memory.

Better contact Wayne and give it another go. Might be the wrong thing for the right reasons but beware this is likely your last chance.

Well that didn't work did it Stubbs? Outed in an instant. You need to be aware that telling lies requires a remarkeable memory.

Better contact Wayne and give it another go. Might be the wrong thing for the right reasons but beware this is likely your last chance.

And these are the people asking for our support to rid us of liars? Wow

Sounds like a venky special that!

I expect an interview with Wayne Wild soon saying he is confused

But seriously that doesn't answer the questions people have at sll especially why if it has nothing to do with WEC then why was it redirected there at first

I doubt WEC would be happy about this either as it could show them in bad light. Is WEC part of BRSIT - this is a question and not a dig.

I doubt WEC would be happy about this either as it could show them in bad light. Is WEC part of BRSIT - this is a question and not a dig.

Exactly. Nobody wants that cos it could be very damaging for Mr Wild. No matter what we all must know that he has in the past done and still is doing his best for the club. Shame if what is probably an innocent oversight / mistake / error by persons unknown threatened that.

To answer this question the answer is no WEC are not part of BRSIT

Also i have noticed, you have asked a lot of questions over the last 48 regarding BRSIT, simple questions too which are all answered in the public domain so you should really know the answers, however i will take your word for it that you genuinely do not. Then i will ask you . . . . How can you be so openly critical about this entity (cos you are, on every thread), when you clearly know nothing about it and have not researched it at all?

Totally unacceptable bag of lies. I have never EVER used the email address in question on any Blackburn Rovers related websites other than Onerovers. I have also no dealings whatsoever with any national or regional supporter groups and never have.

BRSIT, though it's flawed ideal didn't have my support before, can whistle in the wind even more now. How can you trust anyone who comes out with blatant misstruths?

Just say were you got the details from, apologise, remove the individuals concerned from ever having any dealings with BRSIT again and move on.

Excusing deceit with more deceit is not the way to go about getting financial help and support from people

Mark I'm happy to accept this until shown otherwise, especially as there is no evidence other than the obvious BRFC-WEC sponsor-WW and BRSIT thing.

What remains to be explained is why the "update preferences" link lead to a WEC Group web address. The link, which I have, still works when pasted into a browser despite the changes made which now direct the link from the original email to BRSIT.

There is a continual need for clarity and all these odd ball connections simply lead to confusion and suspicion.

Also i have noticed, you have asked a lot of questions over the last 48 regarding BRSIT, simple questions too which are all answered in the public domain so you should really know the answers, however i will take your word for it that you genuinely do not. Then i will ask you . . . . How can you be so openly critical about this entity (cos you are, on every thread), when you clearly know nothing about it and have not researched it at all?

If the answers were in the public domain, I would not ask the questions. With regards to WEC, I noticed them being mentioned today and therefore wondered if they were part of brsit. As you have said, they are not, so be it. But I cannot see them, WEC, being happy about being linked with this email story.

I am openly critical of brsit for the same reason I have repeated. I do not believe it is financially viable. There are other reasons, but that is the more important one. Therefore will not support it.

You chose to put yourself in the public domain. So you should expect to be asked questions. Expect people to be both supportive and critical.

Just out of curiosity, it appears the action group are more supportive of BRSIT than the two Ian's and Llyas Kahn interest in the club. If that is not the case, then happy to be corrected.

It's obvious the BRSIT email was sent from WEC's mailchimp account. No great foul there, I know I've relied on the kind nature of businesses for technical facilities when launching volunteer projects.

It's obvious the BRSIT email was sent from WEC's mailchimp account. No great foul there, I know I've relied on the kind nature of businesses for technical facilities when launching volunteer projects.

That is fair enough, just wondered how they got brought into the situation.

If the answers were in the public domain, I would not ask the questions. With regards to WEC, I noticed them being mentioned today and therefore wondered if they were part of brsit. As you have said, they are not, so be it. But I cannot see them, WEC, being happy about being linked with this email story.

I am openly critical of brsit for the same reason I have repeated. I do not believe it is financially viable. There are other reasons, but that is the more important one. Therefore will not support it.

You chose to put yourself in the public domain. So you should expect to be asked questions. Expect people to be both supportive and critical.

Just out of curiosity, it appears the action group are more supportive of BRSIT than the two Ian's and Llyas Kahn interest in the club. If that is not the case, then happy to be corrected.

1) the question you asked about them being a registered company, is in the public domain

2) questioning if they are registered at companies house, been in the domain 2 months

3) questioning whether WEC are involved in BRSIT? always been in the public domain.

If you don't know the answers to the easiest questions which have been out there months, then you don't know much about them but you continually slate them publically wherever you get chance to, this is not the only group of which you are clearly not very informed about but continue to bash for some unknown reason, i would like to know your agenda that's for sure.

I am happy to be questioned, what annoys me is when things which are untrue are posted about on twitter etc, when you could simply of questioned me and i would have given you the Action Group stance, as oppose to you announcing what that was off your own bat.

The BRFC Action Group is fully supportive of BRSIT as the only public option out there whom has engaged openly with the supporters of Blackburn Rovers, we are not exclusive to one bidder, we will back anything which has the correct intentions for our football club. The two Ians'? we have made direct contact with both them and Mr Khan to ask them about their plans and where the supporters stand in this process and we were told that they cannot talk to supporters about their plans. Therefore how can we back something which we know little about, where those behind it cannot be open and upfront in regards to what they are doing?

1) the question you asked about them being a registered company, is in the public domain

2) questioning if they are registered at companies house, been in the domain 2 months

3) questioning whether WEC are involved in BRSIT? always been in the public domain.

Being a company or not was something I clearly missed. But as I am not registered on brsit, nor live in the area. I am limited to where I can find information. I asked about about WEC because of this email situation.

If you don't know the answers to the easiest questions which have been out there months, then you don't know much about them but you continually slate them publically wherever you get chance to, this is not the only group of which you are clearly not very informed about but continue to bash for some unknown reason, i would like to know your agenda that's for sure.

No agenda. Just somebody who does not believe the idea is financially viable. I suggest that is not bashing. I have even said it is a good idea, but not financially viable imo.

I am happy to be questioned, what annoys me is when things which are untrue are posted about on twitter etc, when you could simply of questioned me and i would have given you the Action Group stance, as oppose to you announcing what that was off your own bat.

?????

The BRFC Action Group is fully supportive of BRSIT as the only public option out there whom has engaged openly with the supporters of Blackburn Rovers, we are not exclusive to one bidder, we will back anything which has the correct intentions for our football club. The two Ians'? we have made direct contact with both them and Mr Khan to ask them about their plans and where the supporters stand in this process and we were told that they cannot talk to supporters about their plans. Therefore how can we back something which we know little about, where those behind it cannot be open and upfront in regards to what they are doing?

Archived