BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brsit Statement On Yesterday'S Email.

Pafell if you don't believe in it then fair enough but you're like a dog with a bone. Not just on here but on Twitter.

Not quite sure about what happened with these emails but having worked with the guys at BRSIT on a few things, all I've seen is some concerned fans who are trying to create some kind of fund for if the club falls on real hard times and is ditched by the owners with no-one else to save it. I can't really talk about that email as I haven't spoke to them about it nor received one. All I will say is that as everyone who is working on BRSIT is working for nothing, and voluntarily, mistakes will be made along the way. I'm very sure that nothing malicious was intended as from what I've seen everyone's heart is in the right place.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

?????

I was referring to your announcement on twitter yesterday "according to the action group it is being blown up out of proportion. Typical lacking in judgment."

The Action Group has made no such comment and have no need to make a comment since we have nothing to do with it, we back BRSIT like most other supporters groups do, so why we need to clarify our position on it i do not know.

Regarding the email, PERSONALLY i have not received one so have no comment to make, however if you are going to go announcing to the twitter world what the Action Groups take on it, as you say we're in the public domain, so ask us what our take on it is and we'll tell you, then you can post accurate information as oppose to a false statement which then has a little dig about our judgement on the end of it.

Booth

Pafell if you don't believe in it then fair enough but you're like a dog with a bone. Not just on here but on Twitter.

It´s like listening to a broken record.

It´s obvious he has an agenda, iirc he started acting like a bonafide hater, because someone from the action group got in an argument with his wife. since then, he has acted and written post after post, all with the same intention, to bash and attack everything linked to the protests.

I was referring to your announcement on twitter yesterday "according to the action group it is being blown up out of proportion. Typical lacking in judgment."

The Action Group has made no such comment and have no need to make a comment since we have nothing to do with it, we back BRSIT like most other supporters groups do, so why we need to clarify our position on it i do not know.

Regarding the email, PERSONALLY i have not received one so have no comment to make, however if you are going to go announcing to the twitter world what the Action Groups take on it, as you say we're in the public domain, so ask us what our take on it is and we'll tell you, then you can post accurate information as oppose to a false statement which then has a little dig about our judgement on the end of it.

As I explained yesterday, which you seem to have forgotton. Glen made the comment on here. As he did not say it was his personal opinion and not that of the group. It could easily be misunderstood as to who stance it was. But this was dealt with yesterday. You made it clear it was Glens personal opinion.so be it. It therefore needs no further discussion. subject closed.

It´s like listening to a broken record.

It´s obvious he has an agenda, iirc he started acting like a bonafide hater, because someone from the action group got in an argument with his wife. since then, he has acted and written post after post, all with the same intention, to bash and attack everything linked to the protests.

Totally unrelated. If mark is honest enough to clarify this. Both he and I dealt with that issue off the messageboard. That subject, until your post has not been brought up by me or mark on or off this messageboard.

As I explained yesterday, which you seem to have forgotton. Glen made the comment on here. As he did not say it was his personal opinion and not that of the group. It could easily be misunderstood as to who stance it was. But this was dealt with yesterday. You made it clear it was Glens personal opinion.so be it. It therefore needs no further discussion. subject closed.

A bit pedantic mate. With the way you're talking about some individuals on here and Twitter you'd think they shot puppies for fun or something.

Totally unrelated. If mark is honest enough to clarify this. Both he and I dealt with that issue off the messageboard. That subject, until your post has not been brought up by me or mark on or off this messageboard.

I dont believe you.

since that incident, you havent missed 1 opportunity to attack the protestors. Im not the first to state that your posts are tiresome. Not since vinjay, have we had someone who is on repeat-mode, as much as you are.

whether or not it hasnt been brought up, is of very very little significance. What is way more telling, is the way you post, the frequency of your posts and almost all revolving around the same topic.

I dont believe you.

since that incident, you havent missed 1 opportunity to attack the protestors. Im not the first to state that your posts are tiresome. Not since vinjay, have we had someone who is on repeat-mode, as much as you are.

whether or not it hasnt been brought up, is of very very little significance. What is way more telling, is the way you post, the frequency of your posts and almost all revolving around the same topic.

You can of course show me posts where I have attacked protestors. I believe I have always said I understood the reasons but not the method.

If you don't like what I post, great, don't read them.

Please close this depressing thread. BRSIT now know you cannot do anything without some people complaining.

Can I put some of you in charge of my Spam mail please. Get real. Some of you need to manage something/some organisation that is a bit demanding and stop effing complaining.

Now P. Agnew and Derek....do they make Lancashire United more possible?

I'm not that arsed about it, my details seem to be sold over and over if the junk mail I receive via email and post are anything to go by.

However, that flannel about being provided the info 'via national and regional supporters groups' is a bare faced lie, the only Rovers related site that has my details is onerovers (apart from BRFCS.com, of course!), so why don't they just come out and say that's where they got the info.

A leak from a mole in the club who wants regime change, perhaps? Who knows, but stop with the lies, haven't we been fed far too many of those these past 18 months?

Dunno bout that but I'm sure the financial situation of both clubs certainly will. One club instead of two would half wages and many of the costs at a stroke. The likely attendance figures next season should make it nailed on. However common sense is not our owners strong point is it?

Dunno bout that but I'm sure the financial situation of both clubs certainly will. One club instead of two would half wages and many of the costs at a stroke. The likely attendance figures next season should make it nailed on. However common sense is not our owners strong point is it?

The combined likely attendances would be halved too.

• Backroom

Please close this depressing thread. BRSIT now know you cannot do anything without some people complaining.

Can I put some of you in charge of my Spam mail please. Get real. Some of you need to manage something/some organisation that is a bit demanding and stop effing complaining.

These guys talk about transparency etc and appear on the surface to be telling porkies, points one and two don't match

Would it bother you if this hybrid team played their home games at Deepdale?

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but an updated statement from BRSIT regarding the email they sent is to be found in the link below. Glenns post regarding BRSIT using WECs Mailchimp account seems to be correct.

http://www.brsit.co.uk/2012/07/further-statement-by-brsit-on-its-email-marketing-campaign/

This version differs so much from the first.

I thought BRSIT wanted to rid the club of its owners, not mimic them.

As well as people signing up on the website, BRSIT has been the recipient of individuals forwarding data sets of their friends and colleagues whom they believe might be interested in becoming a supporter of BRSIT and its aims. BRSIT has categorically never purchased or unlawfully taken any data sets nor has BRSIT sought to interfere with any other organisation’s email systems, databases or other online or physical systems. Again we confirm that we have not received any information directly from BRFC nor WEC Group Ltd, only from the kind donation of individuals

TBH I am still not satisfied with this explanation and remain convinced my data came from the onerovers database. I can happily accept BRSIT only have a name and email address but this statement fails to answer my question.

The email sent to me was addressed to my son but using my email account. No one, probably not even my wife, would be aware of this combination of two individuals' data in one data set.

The original source of my data, however obtained, was onerovers.

Glad i'm not the only one unconvinced. i started to type a reply saying so last night then wondered if i was missing something and stopped. But from the sources they name for the addresses it's not possible my name would be there. Also interestingly enough neither my husband nor son received emails but then they wouldn't because only my address is on the onerovers list. Stop lying BRSIT. It's lies that really annoy me more than anything.

From the statement:

The source of information contained in the BRSIT database has been assembled over the past 6 months since BRSIT launched. As well as people signing up on the website, BRSIT has been the recipient of individuals forwarding data sets of their friends and colleagues whom they believe might be interested in becoming a supporter of BRSIT and its aims. BRSIT has categorically never purchased or unlawfully taken any data sets nor has BRSIT sought to interfere with any other organisation’s email systems, databases or other online or physical systems. Again we confirm that we have not received any information directly from BRFC nor WEC Group Ltd, only from the kind donation of individuals hoping to help expand our reach into the Blackburn Rovers Supporters’ Universe.

So BRSIT, show Gumboots, Paul & others exactly which friend or colleague gave away their details. This would go a long way to put their mind at ease.

If this is not possible (or does not actually exist) then I am afraid that your credibility is shot.

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but an updated statement from BRSIT regarding the email they sent is to be found in the link below. Glenns post regarding BRSIT using WECs Mailchimp account seems to be correct.

http://www.brsit.co....eting-campaign/

Thats better, and if I'm not mistaken it's not been written by anybody who regularly posts on here which is a positive step in the right direction. Unfortunately I am unable to make any comment on the accuracy of the content.

Personally I don't believe that BRSIT will have used any dodgy capturing techniques and do believe their statement. There are enough legit place they could ask for data, so why bother. Some of those however may use dodgy methods, or some of those may use sources that use dodgy methods. You would hope BRSIT would know where there data came from however. However please remember these are not <b> professional </br> IT and marketing people.

One trick I use for telling me who is safe with my data is to have my own domain with as many email address as I like. That way I can change the first part of the email addy to who I gave it to for instance. brfcsmb@moppy.com and onerovers@moppy.com (they are not my real addy - just an example). That way when people give my email addy away and I get an email I know who I gave it too. Been doing this for the last couple of years - and its quite telling.

Personally I don't believe that BRSIT will have used any dodgy capturing techniques and do believe their statement. There are enough legit place they could ask for data, so why bother. Some of those however may use dodgy methods, or some of those may use sources that use dodgy methods. You would hope BRSIT would know where there data came from however. However please remember these are not <b> professional </br> IT and marketing people.

One trick I use for telling me who is safe with my data is to have my own domain with as many email address as I like. That way I can change the first part of the email addy to who I gave it to for instance. brfcsmb@moppy.com and onerovers@moppy.com (they are not my real addy - just an example). That way when people give my email addy away and I get an email I know who I gave it too. Been doing this for the last couple of years - and its quite telling.

Well Paul's combination of his email address and his son's name is unique to a single site.

The use of my full name is only when I have to (ie when it needs to match my credit card), so the only Rovers related website that has it is one I buy things from. Hmmm, let me see who that might be...

Archived