BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Formica on the wings = poor do.

I thought Martin Olsson was going to be in the squad? KEAN SAID SO!!! KEAN SAID SO!!!

I agree, Formica should be playing attacking mid behind the striker/strikers. Martin Olsson should be playing now his move didn't happen, very disappointing.

Diouff starts for Leeds.

We are in for a Warnock wind-up special today.

Which Rovers player will see red?

Olsson and Dunn are both fit.

Black-eye checking time on Kean then...

Bruno at right back- can the guy defend????

Not Givet! He looks like a right soft-lad without his beard.

Poor selection, not addressed the glaring error that's obvious to anyone - no pace. If it's accepted that the relatively immobile Murphy and Etuhu are going to the central partnership (and Murphy needs to pull his socks up because he's looked woefully off the pace so far), and with the current injury list Gomes is the second striker, the we need pace down the wings. Pedersen cannot play wide anymore as he's slower than me and offers no outlet whatsoever, and Formica is not a winger and should be in Gomes' place, if anywhere.

Martin Olsson should be down the left, and give Nunes or even Ribeiro a go down the right, would also have Henley at LB and not Marcus Olsson.

Oh well, not confident but at least a defeat would be fine should it get the bald goon closer to the exit door.

Diouff starts for Leeds.

We are in for a Warnock wind-up special today.

Which Rovers player will see red?

Olsson and Dunn are both fit.

Black-eye checking time on Kean then...

Bruno at right back- can the guy defend????

Those are just words picked at random out of a hat.

I take it Martin Olsson is injured then...

Been up all night trying to get a transfer. He must be knacked.

Will Kean get lucky again?

Judging by that selection, that is the only way we won't get pasted.

So how exactly is the selection much worse than one you would pick? I can see the exchange of Dann For Hanley, and swapping the two Olsson's around (if the other really is fit). Apart from that I can't really see how people would want the team much different. Oh, Vukcevic in for Formica - but the Simon had a very poor game against MK so does he deserve to come in?

Not sure there is much wrong with the team to be honest. Two quality strikers for this level, decent central midfielders, a very good centreback in Givet, and one of the best keepers in the division.

Jog on dubs.

BBC Sport's Damian Johnson, watching Leeds against Blackburn at Elland Road, tweets: "A football first. El Hadji Diouf gets a warm round of applause from opposition fans as Leeds face his old club Blackburn."

Diouf, who played for Blackburn from 2009-2011, starts for Leeds today.

Archived