BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD–Leeds United v Blackburn Rovers (away)12/13

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do know we aren't in the same league this season don't you?

Considering they have never played together in this league only an idiot would think that the statement could be based on this league...............oh hang on one did

Nodody had any trouble handling them at the end of last season. Ollson Mk2 is very very very poor indeed

He's been one of our better players this year. He's definitely good enough for this league.

If we're to give Rhodes decent service then we need some pace on the wings.

Considering they have never played together in this league only an idiot would think that the statement could be based on this league...............oh hang on one did

You said that nobody had problems dealing with them last season and said it in a way that meant he therefore wouldn't be good enough in this league. I don't see how me poitning out things may be different this season makes me an idiot.

Fully fit our team could now look like:

Robinson

Ribena-Dann-Givet-Olsson

Kazim-Murphy-Etuhu-Pedersen

Best-Rhodes

Must say that line up impressed... Defence could be better.

For Leeds, assuming Rhodes signs in time, Olsson doesn't play again and Best/Richards stay injured...Perhaps:

Robinson

Ribena-Dann-Givet-Lowe?

Nunes-Etuhu-Murphy-Olsson2

Rhodes-Gomes

Quite hard to pick a team out especially left back and right wing. I would play Pedersen over Olsson2 at LW.

Its on in loads of pubs round here.

Alas, just been to pick our tickets up, ticket office was deserted mind so not sure how many we've sold....We're in the upper tier though, not sure which went on sale first.

About 1200 sold according to the official twitter thing.

Fully fit our team could now look like:

Robinson

Ribena-Dann-Givet-Olsson

Kazim-Murphy-Etuhu-Pedersen

Best-Rhodes

Must say that line up impressed... Defence could be better.

For Leeds, assuming Rhodes signs in time, Olsson doesn't play again and Best/Richards stay injured...Perhaps:

Robinson

Ribena-Dann-Givet-Lowe?

Nunes-Etuhu-Murphy-Olsson2

Rhodes-Gomes

Quite hard to pick a team out especially left back and right wing. I would play Pedersen over Olsson2 at LW.

Defence could be better? Bruno has, oddly enough, looked pretty good, Givet and Olsson are fantastic players for this level and Dann can certainly do a job and has looked decent despite the odd clanger. So whilst any defence *could* be better surely ours is one of the better ones in the Championship and quite possibly the best. Admittedly I don't think Olsson will stay but as backup we have Orr who played most games in QPRs promotion season, Lowe who has looked serviceable in the top division as a right back then Hanley and Henley who have both shown promise. Even Olsson B can do a job where we are.

I like the team you suggest though, justified doom and gloom aside, it looks like one that should be challenging for automatic promotion.

I think we'll see something similar to your suggestion for the weekend:

Robinson

Ribeiro-Dann-Givet-Olsson B

Lowe-Etuhu-Murphy-Pedersen

Rhodes-Gomes

I'd like to see Formica back on the right wing myself mind.

That's what i've been told aswell. Hopefully 1500 turn out and it will be a good day to see the Rovers win away!

2-1 Rovers.

Even 1500 is poor for a short trip to Leeds, what happened to all the gimps going to away games only?

Fully taking advantage of this one now that I live in Leeds.

Where is everyone going for drinks before hand?

A few of us will be around Headinley area early on as there are a few nice pubs with some good stuff on taps. Will head towards wherever the majority Rovers fans are nearer K.O.

That's easy to say without backing it up. As I said somewher else today, where is the leadership and driving force in the side, creativity, power, energy, strength, pace, width, resilience, midfield capable of outplaying the opposition, where are the wingers who can beat a man and drop back to cover the full backs, where are the two strikers who can give us around 20/25 goals each? Tactics don't stop the players performing, they aren't the reason why each player loses out to his direct opponent

Name any other clubs that have ALL of the above. Very few and tactics e.g. playing players out of position isn't gonna give them much chance of beating their direct opponent

Fully taking advantage of this one now that I live in Leeds.

Where is everyone going for drinks before hand?

A few of us will be around Headinley area early on as there are a few nice pubs with some good stuff on taps. Will head towards wherever the majority Rovers fans are nearer K.O.

There are a few of us doing the town centre before hand. Anyone wanting to join us as it's the one game I don't want to telegraph where we'll be to the locals. BTW I wrote a short Leeds pub guide thats been kindly inserted into the first post in the thread.

I think we'll line up:

Robinson

Ribeiro, Dann, Givet, Olsson

Kazim, Etuhu, Murphy, Pedersen

Goodwillie, Rhodes

No matter what Den says that is a very good team for the Championship. Goodwillie is poor. Dann is a liability. Riberio realtively untested but looking promising. The rest are a bunch a cut or two above most in our league. Plus we have decent bench options (Dunn, Hanley, Formica, Rochina etc).

With a decent manager we would do well.

Archived