BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2012/13

• Moderation Lead

A couple of contentious goals for Bayern, granted I've only seen the second half- but Bayern looking very impressive!!

I can feel T4E going ape at my comments from here!! :lol:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I can't bring myself to go ape at all, Bayern are unbelievably good. There's been signs of this happening to Barça, Real Madrid seem to have figured them out and the better teams seem to all be figuring it out. Just nowhere near good enough defensively to be able to keep a team this good out when plan A isn't working.

Bayern - Real would be a pretty decent final to watch, suspect that's what we'll get.

• Backroom

Bayern were incredible tonight, they knocked Barcelona out of their stride very early and they never really recovered from it. Messi didn't get a look in, reminded me of his performances for Argentina... subdued.

Bayern were just awesome tonight, attacked loads down the side and Barca couldn't deal with it. Can't see them getting back into this tie.

But on the same day they've been typical Bayern and let the news about Götze transferring from Dortmund to them leak out. Can't think that the timing was anything but deliberate.

Great result tonight. Bayern were quality. And Gotze will be their next season as well.

Wouldn't mind an all-German final tbh.

Götze is a great signing, they just keep getting better.

The irony is on a night they showed how to play against the tika taka style, at the end of the season they'll bin their coach for a guy that will want to play exactly that way.

Wonderful to see Barcelona dismantled so comprehensively. I've never liked their possession football which quite frankly bores me to tears.

Won't be tuning in to the final though as the prospect of arrogant Germans celebrating victory is too much to take.

It's bad enough them dominating the European economy without them lording it over European football too.

Come on Real.

I love the application of the Germans and if they could just manage not to continually 'work the ref' by diving and playacting the Bundesliga would be the football to watch.

For me, it already is.

£15 a match at the top teams, safe standing, fan representatives on the board and if this season is anything to go by, the quality difference isn't too much behind England (top are probably even better). When you think of the kind of things that fans complain about in Britian, Germany seems like the promised land.

Wonderful to see Barcelona dismantled so comprehensively. I've never liked their possession football which quite frankly bores me to tears.

Won't be tuning in to the final though as the prospect of arrogant Germans celebrating victory is too much to take.

It's bad enough them dominating the European economy without them lording it over European football too.

Come on Real.

Don't Real effectively dominate the footballing economy though?

Come on Real.

Sounds like someone's jealous of ze Germans.

Guest Norbert

I'd rather the Germans than the Spanish Government or the Catalan government and their glory supporters and nancy boy fashionistas.

I know the German is different, but they're all German really.

Not just the German but the whole way they think - the mentality is very different in the south from in the north. People around Hamburg are much like us whereas i can;t get my head round Bavarians. They were saying on TV last night that Dortmund is closer geographically to London than it is to Munich and i suspect characterwise it's the same.

Real are getting an absolute pasting from Dortmund. Now 4-1, Lewandowski with all 4.

Bavarians are Germans too. Some may think themselves as 'different' to the North, but they're all Germans really.

Just like Spanish and Catalans then.

Guest Norbert

Maybe they're throwing the games to get another EU bailout! Didn't realise it was 4-1 until I checked a minute or two ago.

Re T4E: That's probably an accurate comparasion, but the Catalans/Bavarians as different to the main nation state as Swahili speakers or the Maori.

Who cares, the Germans/Bavarians/Box heads are beating two overblown clubs in Europe.

Archived