BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

Hello,

Quick one,

Anyone feel we have made a huge mistake paying wages of around 40k a week for him, he looks sluggish and almost as if he has lost it.

His passing just isn't what it was last season, gives it away so much and too slow to win it back,

thoughts?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The big problem is that Murphy is not being played correctly, he is being played far to deep and being asked to try and play a high energy game (which he can't do). All down to Kean, he needs to be used in a "Tugay" type role which will play to his strengths but we have a numpty incharge who is incapable of doing this.

Just his passing seems way off the mark so far.

That's largely down to our midfield being overun and players not giving him any options, I have noticed that when Ruben is on the pitch (who is also clever player) Murphy is more effective because Ruben gets into positions where Murphy can pass to him.

I've said it before, the team would play much better with a new manager. We have good players but they can't all play well when the tactics etc are all over the place. In theory Murphy should be outstanding in this league, just not being played correctly.

The big problem is that Murphy is not being played correctly, he is being played far to deep and being asked to try and play a high energy game (which he can't do). All down to Kean, he needs to be used in a "Tugay" type role which will play to his strengths but we have a numpty incharge who is incapable of doing this.

As I recall anybody playing deeper than Tugay would be playing centre half. What's the difference ?

Yeah I agree, I know most of us dislike Kean Kamy but this is football you will get preassured, A player of his standing at this level should not be making the simple mistakes he does and giving the ball away so cheaply.

I expected a lot more from him, he has been REALLY dissapointing so far. Looks like his legs have gone and he doesnt have enough about him to do what tugay did.

As I recall anybody playing deeper than Tugay would be playing centre half. What's the difference ?

The difference was that Tugay had a team that was setup correctly which played to his strengths and tried to limit his weaknesses.

Of course Murphy should be doing better but there are some mitigating circumstances.

i have to say , today i thought he was shocking , everytime he lost the ball, he dint track back and just waited for the referee to blow for a free kick

Agreed, how he is captain is also past me, don't recall him leading the team at any point.. Gomes on the otherhand gave a few players a good shouting at and at one point told the defence to push up

The problem is, he is on a different wavelength to our other players. At Fulham, he had the class of dembele and dempsey to pick out. The would find pockets of space and Murphy would find them with a pass. At rovers, pedersen and formica are so immobile so there's a limit to what he can do.

He'll turn out to be a good signing, I've no doubt about that.

Archived