BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Danny Murphy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Literally unbelievable the way some of you are writing him off already. Your legs don't go at that age, stop being pathetic.

Give him a chance , it cannot be easy with Kean as manager , from what I have seen from my armchair of the championship there is nothing at all to fear ..

It is possible we could get promotion with Kean such is the paucity of talent on show so far ...

Venkys should sack kean , appoint a proper manager and I suspect we would be champions by quite a few points ..

Give him a chance , it cannot be easy with Kean as manager , from what I have seen from my armchair of the championship there is nothing at all to fear ..

It is possible we could get promotion with Kean such is the paucity of talent on show so far ...

Venkys should sack kean , appoint a proper manager and I suspect we would be champions by quite a few points ..also this action would unite the support ..

The bigger point is whether the club does it's scouting properly. The only way to ensure the odds are on your side is to scout the player over a period of time - in particular watch a players performances away from home, that's where you get the real feeling for whether he fits into what you're looking for. That's the only way to really get a feel for whether the player will fit into your own "style of play" :)

90% of the players we sign have had no scouting done on them whatsoever, hence one massive gamble. Not good enough or professional enough.

I was on my own lambasting the signing of Murphy when it was made.

Now he is here, I advise holding the judgement until we get a Manager.

If Kean stays, of course Murphy will be utterly useless.

I can't disagree with that. I'd have also said the same for N'Zonzi and Goodwillie and many of the present team like Rochina. Souness took Jansen, someone who tried to take on defenses himself and regularly lost the ball, into a prolific England contender.

Would put Tugay, Cowans and Berkovic infront of Murphy.

Tugay and Berkovic were brilliant but in this league what we wouldn't give for someone like Gordon Cowans right now.

Murphy needs to be used in the correct way for me, he's not someone who should be putting his foot in and tackling back, he should be our ball player in the middle of the park. Think Gordon Cowans from the early 90's, had no legs but could by heck he could pick a pass, maybe someone can let idiot have the video...

• Backroom

The bigger point is whether the club does it's scouting properly. The only way to ensure the odds are on your side is to scout the player over a period of time - in particular watch a players performances away from home, that's where you get the real feeling for whether he fits into what you're looking for. That's the only way to really get a feel for whether the player will fit into your own "style of play" :)

90% of the players we sign have had no scouting done on them whatsoever, hence one massive gamble. Not good enough or professional enough.

On the other hand, we don't really have a style of play... so maybe our scouting is accurate for our present setup.

spent a lot of time watching him at elland road on saturday...

have to say he looked massively off the pace, couldnt keep up with any sort of injection of speed by the opposing midfield

as a result, everything he played was pretty much rushed and misplaced.

cant see any reason why he should be playing at all, i think he will become a liabilty

best put him out to pasture

MGP & Etuhu in central midfield for me.....

for large parts in all our games so far, murphy has looked totally disinterested. for me he would be far better if he had two work horses playing either side of him whom would do all the running and tackling for him.

Totally agree. He should be playing in the centre of three, not one of the main two. Tough job centrally at this level as you need a very good engine as a starting point.

I have always like Murphy as a player and still think he will be a very addition to our squad.

But having been to all 4 league games so far this season he has given me the impression that he thinks he is the best player in the division and as such doesn’t need to work as hard as the rest. A few times on Saturday he lost possession in the middle of the park and immediately made gestures towards the ref (like he was expecting a free-kick because he is Danny Murphy) resulting in our defence being exposed.

A closer look at their second goal also made me realise that (despite a possible foul on Givet) Murphy simply did not track his man from the long ball forward and as such he ran onto the loose ball and was allowed to shoot and score.

I was expecting more from him to be honest and just hope that it’s a matter of him taking time to realise that he needs to put more of a shift in than he has done so far, and hopefully he will see that during the international break and kick on from here.

I can't disagree with that. I'd have also said the same for N'Zonzi and Goodwillie and many of the present team like Rochina. Souness took Jansen, someone who tried to take on defenses himself and regularly lost the ball, into a prolific England contender.

Tugay and Berkovic were brilliant but in this league what we wouldn't give for someone like Gordon Cowans right now.

Murphy should be playing in a more advancd position, give him the ball and let him pick the passes, he can still do that but he is being deployed incorrectly by Kean,

someone to win the ball (Etuhu) give it to Murphy and off we go!!

So we're looking for two up top so Rhodes isn't on his own and three central midfielders to cater for Murphy and our defenders and goalkeeper are rubbish?

Blimey, how on earth did we make it to 2nd? I know it's early on but surely we should be bottom by now.

Murphy should be playing in a more advancd position, give him the ball and let him pick the passes, he can still do that but he is being deployed incorrectly by Kean

If you'd seen anything of Murphy over the last few years you would know he doesn't play in an advanced midfield position, he's a deep-lying playmaker.

We basically need Murphy and Etuhu to have Tugay/Savage partnership - one sitting deep and dictating play, the other going box-to-box and breaking up opposition attacks.

I think the biggest issue is that we have nobody with pace on the wings to stretch the opposition. As such, it's all very hectic and congested around him and he doesn't really have the agility to play well in that sort of environment.

Hopefully when we get Kazim-Richards and an Olsson on the wings we can start to create more space for him to work in, and also have some outlets for his passing.

Braddock, we could very very easily be bottom at this moment of time. But for some very poor finishing by opossing players we would be.

Leicester, Ipswich, Hull and Leeds on Saturday all missed golden chances against us.

If you think we have played well so far this season you really are deluded or on the wind up.

Braddock, we could very very easily be bottom at this moment of time. But for some very poor finishing by opossing players we would be.

Leicester, Ipswich, Hull and Leeds on Saturday all missed golden chances against us.

If you think we have played well so far this season you really are deluded or on the wind up.

Very very easily is a massive exageration given that bottom have zero points and from what I have heard both on here and from my friends and relatives who have been to the game. I'm not saying it's impossible, of course, but then it's not impossible that we could have won every game.

Poor finishing is rife in this league. Fortunately we have a few players who are better technically than a few others in this league.

And please refrain from calling me deluded.

Whilst you're here can I also have feedback for any of the times I've reported posts/sigs etc in the recent past. I never hear anything back and they remain. I know you're busy (calling me deluded at this moment in time for example) but even if it was to tell me that these reports were not be taken into consideration I would appreciate the response.

So we're looking for two up top so Rhodes isn't on his own and three central midfielders to cater for Murphy and our defenders and goalkeeper are rubbish?

Blimey, how on earth did we make it to 2nd? I know it's early on but surely we should be bottom by now.

Last year when in the bottom three all year we needed a striker to take the weight off Yak and some creativity in midfield. We needed a commanding central defender, a quality defensive midfielder and to stop conceeding so many goals. Gosh, how on earth did we get relegated? I know it is early in the season, but shouldn't we still be in the Premier League?

Incidentally I've not said we've been playing amazing as I've not seen any of the games, I'm simply saying we have not been relegation form from what i have gathered and the quality (at times) we've had where it matters.

Last year when in the bottom three all year we needed a striker to take the weight off Yak and some creativity in midfield. We needed a commanding central defender, a quality defensive midfielder and to stop conceeding so many goals. Gosh, how on earth did we get relegated? I know it is early in the season, but shouldn't we still be in the Premier League?

Let's deal with the here and now. Last season is gone. There's a big difference between relegation from the Prem and from the Chumpionship.

Incidentally I've not said we've been playing amazing as I've not seen any of the games, I'm simply saying we have not been relegation form from what i have gathered and the quality (at times) we've had where it matters.

Let's deal with the here and now. Last season is gone. There's a big difference between relegation from the Prem and from the Chumpionship.

Not seen any of the games? Are you having a laugh? You talk like you are some sort of footballing oracle at the Rovers.

Gentle suggestion, watch the matches so you can begin to discuss things from an informed perspective at last.

Not seen any of the games? Are you having a laugh? You talk like you are some sort of footballing oracle at the Rovers.

Gentle suggestion, watch the matches so you can begin to discuss things from an informed perspective at last.

You'll note I haven't discussed the performances from this season with any form of authority passed a match of the day/football league show level of key decision analysis. I've been in France for 9 days which coincided with the first two home games of the season but i'll be back. I don't see how I can't comment on the results, though.

I look forward to you censoring all the boycotters too.

Blackpool were top of the prem at one stage, yet got relegated, Burnley beat Man U and were going well and got relegated, the league table comes into play around October/November, thats not an opinion its a fact, please have a look at the league tables year after year, its odd the way it happens but thats how it works!

Having now seen recordings of all the games, every minute except 35 at Leeds really has been "blimey we are rubbish and getting away with murder here".

Blackpool were top of the prem at one stage, yet got relegated, Burnley beat Man U and were going well and got relegated, the league table comes into play around October/November, thats not an opinion its a fact, please have a look at the league tables year after year, its odd the way it happens but thats how it works!

After a two-week international break, Blackpool returned to Premier League duty on 11 September with a visit to Newcastle United. A penalty from Charlie Adam just before half-time was the difference until D. J. Campbell, with his first goal as a permanent Blackpool player, scored in injury time to seal the Tangerines' second Premier League victory in four games. The result put them fourth in the table, behind Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United.[19]

Archived