BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds away travel issues

Jock

• Backroom

So it sounds like there was more issues with our fans today although I wasn't there so don't know the full details.

I haven't been away this season and don't really intend to but it sounds like a new thing every week, surely it has to stop

Why don't both groups get together and just say 'we don't like you and you don't like us so lets just agree to avoid each other'

If not it sounds like its going to end up kicking off at some point

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sat down towards the front with the wife before spotting 'angryman' towards the back behind my left shoulder. He was just going mental with veins popping out of his neck and screaming at someone else. That was the same area where it appeared to kick off. I'm guessing it was the same guy as I saw him talking to someone on my twitter feed and recognised him from the pic.

Shame but it's not going to go away. People have clearly different views and it's going to get worse once people have been drinking for hours.

I'm not getting into who's right and who's wrong but it's something that will continue.

So it sounds like there was more issues with our fans today although I wasn't there so don't know the full details.

I haven't been away this season and don't really intend to but it sounds like a new thing every week, surely it has to stop

Why don't both groups get together and just say 'we don't like you and you don't like us so lets just agree to avoid each other'

If not it sounds like its going to end up kicking off at some point

Heard the same. About time supporters turned these scum in. No matter what opinions the hold on current situation at the club. These trouble makers are nothing but scum. Not genuine football supporters.

They're not 'scum', from what I've heard it is the usual 'get behind the lads' versus 'Kean Out' square ups.

They won't stop whilst Kean is manager, doesn't make those on either side 'scum', so stop the bleating.

Anyone who causes trouble at football matches - no matter their opinion on clubs situation - are scum. It needs to be stamped out fast.

That applies to all supporters, no matter what team they support.

He's no idea, but he is on his high horse regardless.

Not a high horse. Just concerned someone going to get hurt soon.

I was contacted by a mate who was at the match. It was mentioned on Twitter by a few. Briefly mentioned on here.

But Rovers fans fighting amongst themselves at matches has to stop. Only fans can stop it. Not stewards or police etc.

My main issue with away fans is those who think it is acceptable to stand up for the whole match. I asked some lads in front of me to sit down at one match and they apologised and did so but at two matches I've seen families with young children with rows of supporters standing in front of them and you know just by looking at them they are oblivious to the people around them. I really felt sorry for the kids (who will have seen little or nothing of the action) and their parents but there was nothing they could do without risking a confrontation. Stewards of course were nowhere to be seen.

No punches were thrown, people were getting irate and having a verbal go at each other, that = SCUM?

Wrong. These scum go round searching out individuals, looking to provoke trouble. I've seen it at Leeds and now Bristol. It's all one way, not 'two groups' giving each other verbals.

My main issue with away fans is those who think it is acceptable to stand up for the whole match. I asked some lads in front of me to sit down at one match and they apologised and did so but at two matches I've seen families with young children with rows of supporters standing in front of them and you know just by looking at them they are oblivious to the people around them. I really felt sorry for the kids (who will have seen little or nothing of the action) and their parents but there was nothing they could do without risking a confrontation. Stewards of course were nowhere to be seen.

What makes me laugh though is someone who shouts 'sit down' to someone in front of them when there are 20-odd rows of people stood up in front of them!

Standing is on the increase. Very few away fans sit down nowadays - there is no way it can be enforced when thousands are stood up as one. Personally I always get tickets at the back so it doesn't affect anybody, but at Leeds I think 95% of Rovers fans were stood anyway.

I think seperate 'safe standing' area's are the way forward personally, but that's a whole new debate.

• Backroom

What makes me laugh though is someone who shouts 'sit down' to someone in front of them when there are 20-odd rows of people stood up in front of them!

Standing is on the increase. Very few away fans sit down nowadays - there is no way it can be enforced when thousands are stood up as one. Personally I always get tickets at the back so it doesn't affect anybody, but at Leeds I think 95% of Rovers fans were stood anyway.

I think seperate 'safe standing' area's are the way forward personally, but that's a whole new debate.

Be that as it may if someone in front of you is standing and obstructing your view yo are entitled to ask them to sit and they can do the same to the people in front

No matter what people think they arent entitled to stand at present but like you say it is hard to enforce

My personal rules on standing (which I normally prefer to do if possible) are very simple. if everything behind me is stood up, I will, they they're not (i.e. me stand would negatively impact their view), I won't. Simple, effective and nobody can get upset. I used to try move to the back to make it easier to stand, but these days I don't really mind if I spend 90 mins sitting.

Realistically some want to stand, others want to sit - but are all together as one so there is no compromise.

It would be impossible to set up a scheme which spilts the people who want to sit from those who want to stand as clubs would not be allowed to be seen to encourage standing area's - it's a shame because it would certainly solve the problem at most away games.

It works well at Ewood as you tend to know where the unofficial standing area's are if you want them but at away games most people are just given a ticket as per the 'selling order'.

No punches were thrown, people were getting irate and having a verbal go at each other, that = SCUM?

There have been times - don't know if there were yesterday - when there has been racist chants. Verbally abusing your fellow supporter who are supporting the same team, is likely to cause trouble. I heard some rovers fans were removed from the ground yesterday - not sure how true that is. There was a comment on twitter that some fans came from one side of the stand to the other to confront other fans.

As I said, people who cause trouble at football matches are scum.

Archived