BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Bristol City Away 12/13

What goes on in some of the people's heads that post on here really is beyond me, we are unbeaten and TOP of the league but yet still people moan.

What more do you actually want ? The Venkys are not going to sack Kean when we are unbeaten in our first 5 games and sitting at the top of the table, and to be honest if we are winning games why would you want them to rock the boat again ?

Don't get me wrong I HATE Steve Kean, but I love seeing the team do well and win games so if we continue to do that with Kean as manager I don't see a need to replace him while we are in this league.

People need to stop moaning about everything we are unbeaten and top of the league !! ENJOY IT !!!

I was going to post something similar.

We'll become a joke of a club if hostilities are still present on match day despite being top of the league.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What goes on in some of the people's heads that post on here really is beyond me, we are unbeaten and TOP of the league but yet still people moan.

What more do you actually want ? The Venkys are not going to sack Kean when we are unbeaten in our first 5 games and sitting at the top of the table, and to be honest if we are winning games why would you want them to rock the boat again ?

Don't get me wrong I HATE Steve Kean, but I love seeing the team do well and win games so if we continue to do that with Kean as manager I don't see a need to replace him while we are in this league.

People need to stop moaning about everything we are unbeaten and top of the league !! ENJOY IT !!!

This is exactly the reason why people need reminding that Kean is bloody useless and should be run out of the club asap.

A few wins in the championship and you "don't see a need to replace him" jesus wept :(

Nowt as fickle as football fans eh :rock:

This is exactly the reason why people need reminding that Kean is bloody useless and should be run out of the club asap.

A few wins in the championship and you "don't see a need to replace him" jesus wept :(

Whether we need to or not is irrelevant whilst we are top of the league - Venky's will obviously not sack him whilst this is the case.

The only thing more important than removing Kean is getting promotion back to the Premier League.

If you go back and look at my post I think you'll find it says if we continue to win games I don't see a need to replace him while we are in this league,

Answer one question for me if you don't mind, what do you want to see more A. your team to continue winning games and get promoted or B. Steve Kean to get sacked while we are winning games and top of the league to satisfy a vendetta you haven't against him and risk unsettling the team again.

What I'm trying to say is as long as we are winning games why would you want to rock the boat ?

This is what's worrying me GAV.

More and more I'm starting to read variations of the new matra:

"I don't like Kean but..."

And it took, what? 5 games??

Agnew was right.

Agnew was right.

We are top of the league what more do you want ?

As long as we are winning games I couldnt give a ###### who is our manager to be totally honest !

If you go back and look at my post I think you'll find it says if we continue to win games I don't see a need to replace him while we are in this league,

Answer one question for me if you don't mind, what do you want to see more A. your team to continue winning games and get promoted or B. Steve Kean to get sacked while we are winning games and top of the league to satisfy a vendetta you haven't against him and risk unsettling the team again.

What I'm trying to say is as long as we are winning games why would you want to rock the boat ?

FFS.

GAV is right. The definition of fickle is basically summed up in your last sentence.

I'd much rather be losing games if it means getting rid of Kean, and if I win the Euro millions next week he's a gonner, simpler as that. Nevermind rocking the boat, no amount of points in the championship will change my mind on that one.

Agnew was right.

Absolutely Stuart, lets all forget the past 2 years should we, we're winning games thats all that counts :angry2:

GAV is right in your opinion*

Its all a matter of opinions andy and you're certainly entitled to yours, I don't agree with it, but its just as valid as mine and everyone elses who posts on this site.

• Backroom

Is that a serious comment? All teams have defensive coaches. & goalkeeper ones etc...

All teams have some combination of manager, asst manager, coach and goalie coach. Any team that needs a defensive coach has a manager without organisational skills. Managers since we were last promoted went as follows:

Graeme Souness - no defensive coach.

Mark Hughes - no defensive coach.

Paul Ince - Nigel Winterbottom.

Sam Allardyce - no defensive coach.

Steve Kean - Colin Hendry.

See that pattern?

Ferguson, Mourinho, Benitez, Wenger, Moyes, Redknapp never had defensive coaches either. Sure some have coaches who are defensive-minded, but they are general coaches. None of them ever had a coach AND a defensive coach.

You cannot teach a defender to defend, nor an attacker to attack, imo. All down to instinct. All you can coach into a player is fitness, organisation and (in some instances) timing. But that's about it imo.

If I am mistaken in that belief (an address to someone in the ilk of Majiball, Den or suchlike, do correct me).

We are top of the league what more do you want ?

For Kean to be sacked.

Only when this happens, we can start to make real progress as a club, not scrape together a few lucky results after 5 matches in the 2nd division.

I'd much rather be losing games if it means getting rid of Kean, and if I win the Euro millions next week he's a gonner, simpler as that. Nevermind rocking the boat, no amount of points in the championship will change my mind on that one.

OH C'MON!!!! "I'd much rather be losing games" Yeah go on beat that Fickleness away!!!!

• Backroom

I'm not saying coaches don't work on defence; I'd always assumed the coach worked on all areas of the team (apart from the goalkeeper, who requires a goalie coach). It's very rare to see a coach AND a defensive coach as far as I'm aware.

I want us top of the league with a united club and decent crowds, how about that?

Yet sone dint give a monkeys, top of the league with an empty ground and that disgrace as manager, not arsed.

You pays your money...

Appreciate it's not the point you are making but all this top of the league stuff is nonsense anyway.

It's September.

I'm not saying coaches don't work on defence; I'd always assumed the coach worked on all areas of the team (apart from the goalkeeper, who requires a goalie coach). It's very rare to see a coach AND a defensive coach as far as I'm aware.

I dunno i think it's just a differnt way of calling something every club will have different coachs who work with different areas of the team therefore just because the are named coach it does not mean they will not work within an area of the team.

amazing isnt it!! i knew this would happen, win a couple of games against sub-standard opposition and all is rosy again, bullcrap, the same problems remain, lack of possesion, conceding goals, lucky wins, a good manager would help us to romp this league, kean will barely scrape us into the play-offs, so i guess we are back to square one now, everybody was united against kean against wigan, now its back to trying to arrange protests with apathetic supporters shaking their heads

Would you apply the same calmness if we were bottom?

I'd be a little concerned if we were in Peterborough's shoes but with 41 games to go, I don't think even they are too worried just yet.

But then they don't have Kean as manager...

Here's a horrible little blast from the past - Paul Ince, Archie Knox, Nigel Winterburn. Deary, deary me.

Archived