BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Bristol City Away 12/13

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About what?

Maybe I should rephrase. After 18 months of misery I don't see the problem with folk enjoying an away win and a promising start. I just get the impression (apologies if I'm wrong) that this annoys you. I mean, having a go at people for "crowing"? If we cant crow on here where the bloody hell can we?

You come across as being a bit sarcastic at those that say they have enjoyed some of Rovers recent football. Why so churlish? Aren't you pleased that Rovers are winning?

The bigger picture here is that Rovers have to get promoted regardless of whether Kean gets fired or not. I hate the man as much as anyone else but so long as we're winning and leading the Championship, you can't sack the manager. After the start we've made I reckon we will clinch automatic promotion, our squad is far superior to any other team out there, I just hope that if we get into the Prem, Kean will be given no more than a couple of games in charge when we start losing.

Our goals against tally is concerning. To have to score 3+ a game is a massive ask but so far we seem to be managing it. With the firepower we have up front I can't imagine many teams keeping a clean sheet against us. It'll be interesting to see who starts up front when CKR and Best come back fit.

We played well in stages yesterday especially going forward. We have such a good midfield and attach compared to others in this league that you can put them out on the pitch and just let them get on with it.

The defence is still a huge concern, we played against a team that couldn't pass, tackle or run and looked inferior to us in every way, yet they still scored 3 goals.

The bigger picture here is that Rovers have to get promoted regardless of whether Kean gets fired or not. I hate the man as much as anyone else but so long as we're winning and leading the Championship, you can't sack the manager. After the start we've made I reckon we will clinch automatic promotion, our squad is far superior to any other team out there, I just hope that if we get into the Prem, Kean will be given no more than a couple of games in charge when we start losing.

Our goals against tally is concerning. To have to score 3+ a game is a massive ask but so far we seem to be managing it. With the firepower we have up front I can't imagine many teams keeping a clean sheet against us. It'll be interesting to see who starts up front when CKR and Best come back fit.

I agree that it would make the Indians look stupid if they sacked him now but with their track record of crass stupidity you don't know - nobody can second guess those fools. I don't think they will but their dilemma will be whether or not a new contract is offered to the slimeball.

Maybe I should rephrase. After 18 months of misery I don't see the problem with folk enjoying an away win and a promising start. I just get the impression (apologies if I'm wrong) that this annoys you. I mean, having a go at people for "crowing"? If we cant crow on here where the bloody hell can we?

You come across as being a bit sarcastic at those that say they have enjoyed some of Rovers recent football. Why so churlish? Aren't you pleased that Rovers are winning?

Perhaps you need to look at the posts I was replying to.

I'm not annoyed - although sharing a victory with Kean does grate - but the are some posters in particular who do this frequently after a win or run of good results and vanish after a defeat. Then complain when they are described as trolls. Just be careful whose defence you leap to, Chris. (Not aimed at Rev by any stretch mind!)

It's one thing enjoying a good win - and we have had a significant amount of luck so far this season like it or not - but for people to get ahead of themselves is wrong. Much like I wasn't posting on here after the first minute yesterday, I'm not going to get overly excited just yet.

However, I stand by the fact that someone who prefers the last 18 months under this rabble to the previous 18 months under Allardyce needs to give their head a wobble.

Really Barry? Considering Sam got us to 10th on a transfer budget of minus £20m, if he'd had the money Kean has had to spend we'd likely be playing in Europe now with regular top 8 finishes and attendances of 25,000 and above. But who needs that when you can relegation, pitiful crowds of 14,000 and virtually no atmosphere at home matches.

Some excellent posts, particularly Rev, Paul and those that can take the blinkers off and enjoyed yesterdays game. That certainly gives me hope for this messageboard. We have got off to a 'dream' start, compared to how it could easily have gone (thank goodness we aren't in Wolves position at the moment).

None of these posters are backing anything or anyone but BRFC! This morning has been the first in a long while, that I've actualy read posts that foucus on the enjoyment people have after a 5-3 win. This game should be on the Heaven I'm in Heaven thread for goodness sake!!!

Please note, I haven't praised, or got giddy, or backed anyone....... just saying! :xmas:

Can't you just post it in the Kean thread. This is the thread for the game against Bristol City. It is becoming tedious.

The same rules apply, win, lose or draw.

You maybe over joyed to be winning games and have Kean as manager, but I'm not.

Just seen the goals, it's clear the leagues rubbish, if we had any idea at all how to defend we'll walk the league with a record number of points.

Kean Out!

Some excellent posts, particularly Rev, Paul and those that can take the blinkers off and enjoyed yesterdays game. That certainly gives me hope for this messageboard. We have got off to a 'dream' start, compared to how it could easily have gone (thank goodness we aren't in Wolves position at the moment).

None of these posters are backing anything or anyone but BRFC! This morning has been the first in a long while, that I've actualy read posts that foucus on the enjoyment people have after a 5-3 win. This game should be on the Heaven I'm in Heaven thread for goodness sake!!!

Please note, I haven't praised, or got giddy, or backed anyone....... just saying! :xmas:

Under normal circumstances I would agree with this post.

Although ironically...

The people who are making the posts you enjoyed so much this morning have done so (probably unashamedly) with their blinkers firmly ON.

;)

The same rules apply, win, lose or draw.

You maybe over joyed to be winning games and have Kean as manager, but I'm not.

Just seen the goals, it's clear the leagues rubbish, if we had any idea at all how to defend we'll walk the league with a record number of points.

Kean Out!

There you go.....where have I ever posted that!!!

Under normal circumstances I would agree with this post.

Although ironically...

The people who are making the posts you enjoyed so much this morning have done so (probably unashamedly) with their blinkers firmly ON.

;)

There are obviously more than one set of blinkers with completely different filters fitted. ;)

There you go.....where have I ever posted that!!!

There are obviously more than one set of blinkers with completely different filters fitted. ;)

You're right 12 miles.

Those who ignore everything bad about the club and enjoy the result (the vast majority of Ewood if we're honest) and those who can see past a decent start (with some awful performances by the way) and still be very concerned about the bigger picture.

Maybe I should just let the apathy wash over me.

Maybe I should just let the apathy wash over me.

Or maybe you should just enjoy watching a game of football that was wonderful entertainment. I don't think anyone is saying that Kean is a brilliant manager but yesterday we played some superb attacking football, defended poorly, saw some brilliant goals and ended the afternoon top of the League. I travelled home from Bristol pretty happy and am certainly not going to apologise for enjoying what I saw.

Or maybe you should just enjoy watching a game of football that was wonderful entertainment. I don't think anyone is saying that Kean is a brilliant manager but yesterday we played some superb attacking football, defended poorly, saw some brilliant goals and ended the afternoon top of the League. I travelled home from Bristol pretty happy and am certainly not going to apologise for enjoying what I saw.

Have a quick scout of the posts by "Martin" on a couple threads - including Kean's "handling of Rhodes" - although there are other examples. Quietly spoken and polite but a sign of a turning tide? A player does badly (he wasn't one of Kean's), a player does well (hats off the Stevie)?

Really Barry? Considering Sam got us to 10th on a transfer budget of minus £20m, if he'd had the money Kean has had to spend we'd likely be playing in Europe now with regular top 8 finishes and attendances of 25,000 and above. But who needs that when you can relegation, pitiful crowds of 14,000 and virtually no atmosphere at home matches.

Absolutely no guarantee that Sam would have taken us higher if he had money to spend. I agree likely - but Kalanic immediately springs to mind when you consider what could have happened if he had money to spend. What is certain - we would have been in a better position than we are now.

Watched the goals we conceded - though we could have done better defensively, it wasn't absolutely awful defending - and the finishes for their second and third goals were both very good. Another thing to consider - in Bristol's first two home matches they scored 4 goals - one of those matches was against Cardiff who are expected to be near the top.

Don't think it is time to go overboard yet - as there is a long way to go yet - at the moment it has just been a good start - nothing more.

Have a quick scout of the posts by "Martin" on a couple threads - including Kean's "handling of Rhodes" - although there are other examples. Quietly spoken and polite but a sign of a turning tide? A player does badly (he wasn't one of Kean's), a player does well (hats off the Stevie)?

I haven't read any of "Martin's" other posts but I did read the one about his handling of Nuno Gomes and I think he was spot on with what he said. Kean has been shrewd in taking him off between 60 and 70 minutes and replacing him with Rochina. I'm no lover of Kean and think he should have been replaced after the final day win at Wolves the season before last but I'm prepared to give credit when it's due and I do think he has handled Gomes well thus far.

Come on, when the opposition score from a move that begins with a throw-in, involves no challenges or tight marking in a crowded penalty area, and happens 90 seconds into the match, that is awful defending. These teams we're playing having nothing to throw at us but the long ball and yet they're scoring 3 a game doing it.

Probably focusing on the negatives a bit too much though. Going forward we were incredible, Rhodes looks a great player for this league, Gomes will score any chance he gets. As for Rochina, well I've given him stick on here but the lad is winning me over. In terms of confidence and flair he's brilliant to bring off the bench. Also cracking following from the fans and all in all one of those away games that will stick long in the memory.

There's a sneering dismissive tone in this post which surprises me Stuart.

I will say up front that Martin is a very good friend of mine so I might be a bit defensive. However, he is anything but pro Kean or pro Venkys.

As he's based in Dubai now, he rarely gets to Rovers matches these days, but when he's in the country he gets to every match. Yesterday, the drive to Bristol took him as long as the flight from Dubai to the UK!

After also managing to catch the MK Dons debacle, does his enjoyment of yesterday and praise of Gomes and Rhodes, deserve to be dismissed so readily?

No, of course it doesnt. Nor should anyone who enjoyed yesterday. Doesn't mean for a second anyone wants the Deluded One around.

Archived