BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Bristol City Away 12/13

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are riding our luck.

Kean should be fired whilst we are in such a great position, know that might sound odd to some but our chances of getting a top class replacement are that much better at the moment.

We are conceding goals for fun yet the old crock Nelsen was key to QPR's 0-0 against Chelsea today. Hmmm !

I dont know why there are all these new manager, kean to be sacked threads!

They guy is not going anywhere we have known this for a long long time stop kidding yourselves, best we can hope for is we keep winning and get promotion!! unless they dont renew his contract and let it run out, thats the only chance he will go while Venkys are here. If we get promoted I would say maybe he deserves a new contract???? Or at least Venkys will.

Some of you are turning into the thinking there is a "Blackburn way" like the liverpool and west ham fans foolishly believe in.

Doesnt matter how we win, as long as we are winning, we have yet to lose.

One Loss amongst lots of wins, I guarentee people on here will go into meltdown over it.

Get some perspective man....if we go up while we're still a defensive shambles what do you think will happen? Oh yea, we'll keep 3 clean sheets, concede almost 80 goals and get relegated again.

If we start winning under Kean while playing well and being organised, then that's a different matter entirely.

But that won't happen because he is a terrible excuse for a manager so we still want him gone, regardless of the fact that quite a few of our players are probably too good for this league and it's making us pick up points.

Get some perspective man....if we go up while we're still a defensive shambles what do you think will happen? Oh yea, we'll keep 3 clean sheets, concede almost 80 goals and get relegated again.

If we start winning under Kean while playing well and being organised, then that's a different matter entirely.

But that won't happen because he is a terrible excuse for a manager so we still want him gone, regardless of the fact that quite a few of our players are probably too good for this league and it's making us pick up points.

What else can I do but want my team to win!!???

Someone who wants the team to lose just because they dislike a manager who THIS season is getting results cant call themselves a fan.

If kean keeps getting results like this I dont mind, Because at the end of the day I want us to do well.

Some of you are turning into the thinking there is a "Blackburn way" like the liverpool and west ham fans foolishly believe in.

Doesnt matter how we win, as long as we are winning, we have yet to lose.

One Loss amongst lots of wins, I guarentee people on here will go into meltdown over it.

Three wins and two draws and people go into meltdown. It's as though the last 18 months never happened. The clue about Kean, is the division we now play in.

What else can I do but want my team to win!!???

Someone who wants the team to lose just because they dislike a manager who THIS season is getting results cant call themselves a fan.

If kean keeps getting results like this I dont mind, Because at the end of the day I want us to do well.

I dont know why there are all these new manager, kean to be sacked threads!

They guy is not going anywhere we have known this for a long long time stop kidding yourselves, best we can hope for is we keep winning and get promotion!! unless they dont renew his contract and let it run out, thats the only chance he will go while Venkys are here. If we get promoted I would say maybe he deserves a new contract???? Or at least Venkys will.

So despite relegating us in the first place (when we were previously stable), spending a small fortune in the Championship and securing the minimum expectation (promotion - we spent 8m on a striker ffs) would be enough to justify a new contract? Wow. How long should that contract be? Because we'll be back down in no time.

I find it kind of sad that people can't seem to discuss the game without bringing the manager or owners into every single post. We are pretty much united on our opinions on that front so I don't see why it needs to be brought into the match threads when there's plenty of other threads covering those issues.

Only heard updates from today's game but Jordan Rhodes was getting a rave review, I look forward to seeing him in action. I firmly believe we've got more than enough firepower to get out this division with the likes of Gomez, Rhodes, Kazim-Richards & Rochina. Problems are obviously at the back, much like last season. Although quite frankly I'd rather us continue with an attacking outlook for the entire game because we look even worse and more likely to concede when we try to sit back and defend a lead. Don't know if that was the case today but going ahead so many times and then surrendering the lead seems to suggest that. I thought our defense might have been able to hold up at this level, but apparently not so far.

Despite everything it does look rather nice to see Rovers at the top of a league table. Two home games to follow in quick succession which should in theory give us a good chance to maintain that position.

I only got the half time and full time scores so I decided to go through this thread from before kick off.

The pessimism was obvious, especially when we conceded after 45 seconds.

Still plenty of time left, but today might be the day Rovers get the result their recent performances deserve.

Well predicted, RVR. You are an optimist.

I loved following this £100 bet

1-1. Mistake from Bristol City, Rhodes cooly slots home. Now that 100 I put on at 1-0 down looks a little better, 5/1 ;)

2-1!!!!!!! NUNO GOMES. £100 on 5/1 woooooooooo! haha.

3-3, you ###### kidding me, ###### ####

Couldn't be more ###### off, our defence is ###### useless

:tu::D

I only got the half time and full time scores so I decided to go through this thread from before kick off.

Haha. I was a little angry when we conceded. Especially with the poor defending and so soon after going ahead. But hey ho, birthday tomorrow and i'll be in a good mood, maybe I will have tp upload my driving license to prove my age to a certain someone.

We are all united in what we want anyway, Kean out and to keep winning.

& we won't get rid just yet, Kean will be spinning the look we're top... that's all they will see, not the shambolic defending or luck.

If every game is going to be like today then it will be like watching Dr Who when you were a kid with your hands over your eyes, is certainly going to be an emotional rollercoaster for 90 minutes for the fans. We could potentially finish the league as the top scoring team and at the same time finish with a goal difference of +4.

Is Colin Hendry the new Nigel Winterburn I wonder, although we seem th concentrate of the forward players in the summer I think Shebby and Kean should of been looking at shoring up the back, a couple of injuries or suspensions to defenders and we will be in the mire.

Wow, when was the last time we scored 5 goals away from home, I can't remember any instances. Well done Rhodes, great to see that the pricetag doesn't seem a burden to him.

When the focus switched from Venky's out to Kean out, the point was raised a few times as to what happens if we start winning, and those were drowned in a chorus of "It'll never happen". Not one person on here, including me, thought we'd be top and unbeaten after five games. Maybe it won't last. But if it does perhaps BRFCAG needs to clarify its goals in the light of unfolding events.

What? You mean the figment of his imagination.

Archived