BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] GAME THREAD - Bristol City Away 12/13

There seems to be a sense of entitlement to be in the Premiership forever among some people. We were only ever a bad manager away from being relegated and we got one, as did most other teams who've been relegated. Shouldn't have happened but it did.

I wonder if fans of Leeds, Forest etc post every day that boohoo they don't want to be in this smelly league cos it's not the premiership?

Our status as a Championship club is intrinsically linked to the chaos brought down by Kean and whoever else owns the club. People are right to ###### off about it.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

You can't live in the past though DE4life. The owners aren't prepared to sack him and it's clear that if we are going to win promotion we need to win matches. Yes, it's early days, but we've made a pretty decent start to the season in terms of points and that is what really matters. I've seen good managers and bad - and yes Kean is the worst I've seen in the last 50 years - but the only thing that interests me is seeing the Rovers win and return to the Premier League. We may well lose to Barnsley on Tuesday so for the moment I'm going to enjoy the fact that I've seen a cracking game of football and that the Rovers are top of the League. It might not last but I'll enjoy it while it does.

I understand where you're coming from Parson. Believe me,it hurts me more than anything that I feel very little positivity towards us winning games and doing well in the league... but I can't just pretend all is OK because we've managed a few lucky results at the start of the season. It's going to take so much more than that to get me onside.

I'm not opposed to us winning or being in a good position in the league, part of me is glad we are because I know we need to go up. I just have no confidence whatsoever that this will last as long as Kean is in charge and to an extent even as long as Venky's are here.

Yeah if your not knocking Kean or Venkys you dont even talk about football. I dont give a ###### what you think to be honest, teams doing well im happy.

Have a nice litttle clicky on my name and you'll see that I've been on these forums since 2004 way before Venkys and this current regime, I just don't post bullshyte every 2 minutes to make it look like I've been here for ages.

I wonder if fans of Leeds, Forest etc post every day that boohoo they don't want to be in this smelly league cos it's not the premiership?

Of course they will, especially Leeds, a club like them should be pushing for Europe year in year out and they ended up in League 1!

If you can't be happy seeing your club top of the League there is not much point following football. I thought we played some superb stuff at times today with some excellent performances from Gomes, Etuhu and Rhodes in particular. The way the players celebrated with Kean at the end shows that the spirit within the camp looks very good. Perhaps Shebby's attack on the manager and Pedersen has really brought them together. It's early days, but at the moment the signs are very encouraging.

Winning is obviously better than losing and although we might have played well today doesn't our continuing inability to keep a clean sheet and regularly ship 2 or 3 goals per match worry you at all ? I'm as pleased as anyone to see us top of the table but I cannot but help feel it is unsustainable over the course of 40-odd matches because of our weaknesses in defence. The signs are encouraging but against the better teams we will surely struggle as the manager has not yet shown he can set up a team to defend a lead.

There seems to be a sense of entitlement to be in the Premiership forever among some people. We were only ever a bad manager away from being relegated and we got one, as did most other teams who've been relegated. Shouldn't have happened but it did.

That's a very simple way of looking at it. Kean isn't just any old "bad manager" is he.

And yes I reckon Leeds fans were a wee bit miffed when their high flying club got badly ran and went into freefall yes. At the time of it happening there were plenty of boohoo'ing. You might want to read up on a bit of football history as when clubs that have previously done well, start to do badly from bad organization, the fans tend to get irate.

Here's some boohoo moments for you... Including Leeds and Notts Forest fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CakJexGfk

More boohoo moments for EIT...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GiTkMvUys4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz-9bX-Nfxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8irErX7-SA

11 out of 90 points needed in the bag..... That leaves us with 79pts needed from a possible 123pts still to play for.

Its ok talking about our bad defence but it seems to be an away problem where the pressure is on the other side to attack.... 7 goals conceded away, just 1 at home - with a similar stat for the number of goals scored.

Win your home games, draw or win your away games... simples

Talk all you want about luck but we have beaten Hull who are in the top 6, and also beaten the bookies favourites at the start (Leicester)...Aswell as going to one of the toughest away trips this season (Leeds) without losing our unbeaten start.....Come next saturday tea-time the league will start to split abit more...its vital that we do all we can to win the next 2 home games. 6 more points in the next 2 games would be a GREAT start for us.

Best possible scenario is We win the league, but Keans contract ISNT renewed at the end of the season.

I'm amazed anyone is trying to defend Kean on anything. We blatantly have by far the best squad in the league and but for Kean we'd be winning this league by 10-15 points. But its important to remember that Big Sam had us 10th in the premiership. So to the Kean supporters, that is your barometer. As far as I'm concerned Kean and his good football can **** off until they've beaten that.

Least we don't have Allardyce as manager anymore, eh pal?

Funny enough, I watched the west ham gamr today and it was truly awful and it got me thinking would i swap what we've been through since the venky's came to town for the Allardyce way and i'm not sure i would.

Good posts from ParsonBlue on this thread, financially you would imagine the Club has to go straight back up regardless of whoever is in charge. Should we achieve that with Kean still at the helm I'll be absolutely delighted - whilst possibly remaining ambivalent towards the man himself.

As regards today's result, I think it's a bit churlish to moan about conceding three when we have scored five away from home to put us top of the League and still unbeaten after five games. I understand the concern that we're still shipping goals but I'd be more concerned if we had no creativity or no goal threat from anywhere within the side - like arguably when we were having to use Kazim Richards as a lone makeshift striker. I think it's a lot easier to tighten up than to conjure a bit of flair and imagination out of thin air when you don't have it. Had a conversation tonight with someone who posed the question - "Would you rather win 2-0 or 5-3?" He was of the view he would much rather win 2-0. My response was I couldn't care less which it was as long as we actually secured the three points.

Delighted for Rhodes - the two goals today should take a lot of pressure from the price tag off his shoulders.

My main concern is that somehow we've got to somehow find a way to integrate Rochina into the starting line up.In my view he's a bit special even by Premiership standards but should be completely different class at this level.

Overall you have to be made up with our start, I hoped we'd be in or around the play off positions but it's far better than I dared hope. You have to remember that this is essentially still a new side still getting to know each other so hopefully we'll improve as the season goes on. We have far more strength in depth than just about any of our rivals and I posted after the Hull game that with the addition of a legitimate goal threat the Division was there for the taking. (To much derision from Philip L)

Hopefully Rhodes is that threat. And if Best returns before the end of the season that'll be like another new signing.

Owners who have made mistakes but who have now splashed 8m on a striker AFTER relegation. Under the previous owners we'd have been lucky to spend 800k. And that would only be if we sold someone else for 2m first. Otherwise we'd be looking at looking at free transfers/loans.

Early days but maybe just maybe things are starting to move back in the right direction..

Great post Revidge, finally some sensible writing.

I agree about Rochina, however bringing him on with half an hour left seems to be working well. (Am I allowed to congratulate the manager on that or....??) Hopefully CKR can slot into right-mid and give us some pace on that flank. Martin should be first choice on the left, and Peds should be on the bench.

Having Best back before the end will be a shear luxury.

These next two home games will be crucial

Of course they will, especially Leeds, a club like them should be pushing for Europe year in year out and they ended up in League 1!

Why should Leeds be pushing for Europe? Clearly they're not good enough that's why the club is still in the Championship.

I feel the need to make a small point. I read constantly on this forum that we have the strongest squad in the league and the only reason we have dropped points is due to Kean.

Surely people just need to look at West Ham to see that it just doesn't work like that. They came down with a far better squad than us. Yet they didnt win the league and had to go through the play offs. You cant have it both ways, you can't claim allardyce as some sort of hero and then slate us for having 11 from 15.

Adomah is clearly an immense player for Bristol. When we lost Marcus so early into the game it was obviously going to allow Adomah more opportunity to show off his swagger. He scored the first and made the second, the third goal was a lucky one in my opinion.

Now, I assume the players and Kean knew Adomah and what he is capable of... He scored in the first minute, but I won't read too much into that ^_^

I'm amazed anyone is trying to defend Kean on anything. We blatantly have by far the best squad in the league and but for Kean we'd be winning this league by 10-15 points. But its important to remember that Big Sam had us 10th in the premiership. So to the Kean supporters, that is your barometer. As far as I'm concerned Kean and his good football can **** off until they've beaten that.

I don't think anyone is defending Kean, merely stating that we have made an encouraging start to the season. Yes, we need to tighten up defensively but yesterday was a superb game of football and you go to football matches to enjoy them. We have suffered hugely during the past 18 months, so I'm not going to apologise for enjoying some good results at last. Knowing the Rovers we will probably lose the two home games this week so why not enjoy the moment? Matches like this don't come along very often.

Winning is obviously better than losing and although we might have played well today doesn't our continuing inability to keep a clean sheet and regularly ship 2 or 3 goals per match worry you at all ?

I listened to the match on Rovers Player and everything seemed so depressingly familiar as the equalisers went in.................especially at 3-3. Then somebody changed the script - good grief!

I'm looking forward to the highlights show. Someone posted comments from the Bristol fans' forum in the Rhodes thread. It's worth a read, they obviously thought he was a bit special.

Funny enough, I watched the west ham gamr today and it was truly awful and it got me thinking would i swap what we've been through since the venky's came to town for the Allardyce way and i'm not sure i would.

Seriously?!

You don't know if you'd swap mid-table Premier League football under a proper manager for relegation and absolute disaster under a bibs-and-cones man pretending to be manager?!

:blink:

Astonishing post.

Can only be borne out of a good run and a short memory.

Astonishing post.

Can only be borne out of a good run and a short memory.

I watched it too Stuart and it wasn't good. Nobody can deny that large Samuel gets results but by the looks of things West Ham are just as grindingly cynical, direct and utilitarian as Bolton, Newcastle and Rovers were under the lugubrious one's tutelage.

West Ham fans are itching to have a go as they were last season, so as soon as a bad run comes along the heat will be on.

Good posts from ParsonBlue on this thread, financially you would imagine the Club has to go straight back up regardless of whoever is in charge. Should we achieve that with Kean still at the helm I'll be absolutely delighted - whilst possibly remaining ambivalent towards the man himself.

As regards today's result, I think it's a bit churlish to moan about conceding three when we have scored five away from home to put us top of the League and still unbeaten after five games. I understand the concern that we're still shipping goals but I'd be more concerned if we had no creativity or no goal threat from anywhere within the side - like arguably when we were having to use Kazim Richards as a lone makeshift striker. I think it's a lot easier to tighten up than to conjure a bit of flair and imagination out of thin air when you don't have it. Had a conversation tonight with someone who posed the question - "Would you rather win 2-0 or 5-3?" He was of the view he would much rather win 2-0. My response was I couldn't care less which it was as long as we actually secured the three points.

Delighted for Rhodes - the two goals today should take a lot of pressure from the price tag off his shoulders.

My main concern is that somehow we've got to somehow find a way to integrate Rochina into the starting line up.In my view he's a bit special even by Premiership standards but should be completely different class at this level.

Overall you have to be made up with our start, I hoped we'd be in or around the play off positions but it's far better than I dared hope. You have to remember that this is essentially still a new side still getting to know each other so hopefully we'll improve as the season goes on. We have far more strength in depth than just about any of our rivals and I posted after the Hull game that with the addition of a legitimate goal threat the Division was there for the taking. (To much derision from Philip L)

Hopefully Rhodes is that threat. And if Best returns before the end of the season that'll be like another new signing.

Owners who have made mistakes but who have now splashed 8m on a striker AFTER relegation. Under the previous owners we'd have been lucky to spend 800k. And that would only be if we sold someone else for 2m first. Otherwise we'd be looking at looking at free transfers/loans.

Early days but maybe just maybe things are starting to move back in the right direction..

Sorry Rev but you think worrying about conceding 3 goals on a regular basis is churlish but the main concern is trying to accommodate Rochina?

I really cannot reconcile those views.

To others who are crowing (the usual names pop up after a decent few games and disappear after defeats) it's far too early for mutual backslapping and knocking those who are not so quick to forget. But do please carry on posting your thoughts on how great it is watching Kean's Rovers, although remember Kean has a track record of reeling fans in then letting them embarrass themselves later. Besides, Tris will have a field day with your posts come May.

I watched it too Stuart and it wasn't good. Nobody can deny that large Samuel gets results but by the looks of things West Ham are just as grindingly cynical, direct and utilitarian as Bolton, Newcastle and Rovers were under the lugubrious one's tutelage.

West Ham fans are itching to have a go as they were last season, so as soon as a bad run comes along the heat will be on.

Fine. The game wasn't great but...

Swapping Allardyce's Rovers for Venkys/Kean's Rovers...?

That's not just foolish, or even irresponsible, it's criminally insane.

Sorry Rev but you think worrying about conceding 3 goals on a regular basis is churlish but the main concern is trying to accommodate Rochina?

I really cannot reconcile those views.

To others who are crowing (the usual names pop up after a decent few games and disappear after defeats) it's far too early for mutual backslapping and knocking those who are not so quick to forget. But do please carry on posting your thoughts on how great it is watching Kean's Rovers, although remember Kean has a track record of reeling fans in then letting them embarrass themselves later. Besides, Tris will have a field day with your posts come May.

Fine. The game wasn't great but...

Swapping Allardyce's Rovers for Venkys/Kean's Rovers...?

That's not just foolish, or even irresponsible, it's criminally insane.

To be honest you seem a bit gutted.

Just saying.

Archived