BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

i think if they had said straight away on saturday they where going to give it 2-3 more games for the team to show a vast improvement, I think most fans would have at least gone along with that but the chaos caused by not saying anything for 3 days has just wiped out any confidence the fans had regained in the owners after a reasonable transfer window.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worried about the lack of gate receipts.

Unable to fund Kean pay-off or bring in new manager.

Financial crisis?

And that would be ALL the fault of the BOYCOTTERS.

So, in a round about way, the only message this latest act in the Venky circus is conveying IS...

"We won't sack him if you don't boycott and we can't if you do" Haha. Kean Out? Fans in then! What a load of ###### :-(

I think Kean will be gone more quickly than anyone anticipates.

Firstly, Shebby would be clearing his desk, if Kean was staying, either voluntarily or otherwise.

Secondly, love him or loathe him, Nicko, I think, has gone out on a limb on this one and is adamant that he's right.

Thirdly, all the other circumstantial - no official statement unless I've missed it, some of the so called 'leaks' coming out of Ewood, hardening of odds on Kean being next Championship Manager to go (now down to 2/1), Sherwood's supposed contact with a local estate agent.

I think the clowns in Pune are being told, not only by Shebby, how much damage all this is doing to our club and will realise that a resolution is needed, and fast.

I'll stick my head on the block and forecast gone by Saturday if not tomorrow.

Agree 100%. Always thought he'd be gone by end of month

Financial crisis?

So, in a round about way, the only message this latest act in the Venky circus is conveying IS...

"We won't sack him if you don't boycott and we can't if you do" Haha. Kean Out? Fans in then! What a load of ###### :-(

It still doesnt dispell the rumour that Kean and his agent are part owners in the club.

You dont need to spend a fortune getting rid of Kean, simply gardening leave, his salary paid as normal until end of contract, no taxi/Chauffer costs, no expenses etc

OK, the new guy would need paying but hey, the extra in gates would easily pay for that!!

You dont need to spend a fortune getting rid of Kean, simply gardening leave, his salary paid as normal until end of contract, no taxi/Chauffer costs, no expenses etc

OK, the new guy would need paying but hey, the extra in gates would easily pay for that!!

Give him the highly talented soon to be top centre half Scott Dann as a pay off.

Never thought I'd say this but I will be supporting Charlton Saturday and every other club that plays against us from now on. Steve Kean makes me sick to my stomach and even if we got promoted he would take us straight back down. Fed up of seeing the stadium empty and fed up of all this sh*t. Get rid of the C U Next Tuesday and bring back the fans and spirit. Not fit to manage a club!! Hope big Sam takes him for everything he has! He seems the only person that can get anything over on Kean so go big Sam!

Financial crisis?

If you think lack of gate receipts from a few home games after a summer of spending (incl. no doubt high agency fees) is the reason that they can't afford to sack Kean then you clearly aren't that intelligent. Had there been no boycotters and higher attendances this issue wouldn't have come to a head and Kean would be safe and sound in his job. The boycotters have forced action. Anyone who can't see this is lacking in some mental capacity.

I am not going to debate which is better, boycotting or attending, as it is truly each to their own and everyone has the right to a choice and should NOT be vindicated for their personal decision on what they believe is right. Personally I am on a study year in China so I am very much neutral on the issue.

I'm not one to pick on grammar but if that is really a press release, they need a proof reader.

This really annoys me. I praise the action group on all their hard work but a lot of their statements leave a lot to be desired in the grammar department. Good grammar really isn't that difficult to rectify. If not grammatically gifted then simply typing it out initially in Microsoft Word and it highlights grammar errors. I just feel the press/media etc would take us a lot more seriously if publications were grammatically accurate! Not having a dig by the way, just feel it would help! Constructive criticism.

EDIT: The press release is very good though. Straight to the point and hits home. Hope it has the desired effect!

Didn't say in my initial post but the message comes across loud and clear in that press release - hopefully media outlets pick up on it.

Steve Kean is not wanted by the fans of this football club, the arrogant, slime ball needs to go NOW.

So where are we now? I've been away for a couple of days and just catching up with the news, The usual shower of ego maniacs and half baked hacks are claiming that Kean is out when he isn't. I think I've heard this story before somewhere with exactly the same outcome. Either someone in the club is playing tricks on the ITKers and has been for 2 years or something because for me the ITKers know naff all. Didn't get excited this time as knew it wasn't going to happen and would recommend that we all take this kind of rubbish with a pinch of salt until Kean's contract runs out and he leaves the club.

Mrs D gives the go ahead to sack Kean but because he goes into hiding and Derek can't find him it gives his wife a chance to ring Mrs D (the same women who has sacked hunt, John and Simon Williams, Big Sam etc...) in tears and she convinces her that people are ganging up on her hubby and he gets to keep his job ??

...but only for the time being ???

Eh ??

Time Mrs. D put her big girl panties on

I'm not one to pick on grammar but if that is really a press release, they need a proof reader.

I don't care about the grammar. The message is crystal clear and from Rovers fans :

we call upon Mrs Desai to listen to the voice of the heartbroken supporters and remove Steve Kean as Manager for the best interest of the clubs long term future, reputation and relationship with its supporters.

Over to you Venkys...

Agreed - if the press want any proof of the calibre and character of our fanbase, then they will have a field day with this.

As someone who has proof read for the press, I can tell you there are far worse examples which have even got to publication, yes, the odd blip but come on, that is a great press release, its to the point, accurate in its factual nature and has a conclusion, lets stop nit picking and support the people who, without any remuneration, are doing their very best for BRFC.

As someone who has proof read for the press, I can tell you there are far worse examples which have even got to publication, yes, the odd blip but come on, that is a great press release, its to the point, accurate in its factual nature and has a conclusion, lets stop nit picking and support the people who, without any remuneration, are doing their very best for BRFC.

+1 i agree entirely. It is pitched well. I think any fan of Rovers will be more than happy with the message this gives. Well done.

For what's it worth , i found it sincere and from the heart of supporters ... if any journo's slag it due to wording or grammer ...its their stupidity as statements from supporters must be true to heart not to wallet like what we're getting from staged interviews from certain individuals

Archived