BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly we are now heading towards financial abyss.I mean if the pay off is really such an issue then this must be killing the family.Look at it

again-parachute payments don't come close to supporting our overheads and with fans voting with their feet something is close to breaking point here.

Am i alone in being very fearful now of where this crisis ridden debacle is heading.

The Football League/politicians or somebody needs to get their head out of their arses and take a long hard look at what is unfolding here.Its gone beyond national ridicule IMO and is hurtling towards catastrophe

A conclusion many predicted well over 12 months ago.

I appreciate there will be people who have paid for one off tickets for the Wolves match. Those people i fully understand attending the match. However, those who have purchased season tickets, i honestly don't think missing one match would hurt that badly. If the majority of the season ticket holders absconded for this one match it'd send a clear message to those wavering at the very top.

Rubbish patrick. If people care about the club they should either stay away or picket the gates. Whether they have bought a ticket is an irrelevance.

‘But I came here in June and the situation hasn’t changed at all with the fans, despite our efforts to bring them back. Financially now it’s not a good situation because the fans are staying away. The club needs revenue to survive.’.

I've been meaning to comment on this part of Singh's interview all day.

I'd be interested to know what these "efforts" have been to bring fans back? I'm not so sure we will see a huge upsurge in ST sales if or when Kean goes.

The bit concerning revenue is tricky. 5000 STs at + / - £300 is £1.5m assuming all are full price adult, which I doubt. Either our financial position is incredibly precarious or the statement is untrue. We already face an approximate £25m revenue drop from last season. If that's been budgeted for the additional £1m isn't going to make a huge difference. It was apparent through the summer ST revenue was dropping sharply, it will have been budgeted for.

If this is true, the wife bit, he can have no moral virue, his testicles are clearly inside. What a low life, I can't even think of words to describe that action. His wife actually stands behind him? Sad very sad.

Mrs Allardyce must not be as good an actress as Mrs Kean.

I still cannot understand why Kean even stayed in the job beyond March 10 given the ruthlessness shown with Allardyce,Williams etc. Nothing makes any sort of sense.

But if you think about it, it actually makes sense to sack Kean just before the international break. Right now we have 3 games coming up and while I don't relish Kean being at the helm for any of them, sacking him now and bringing in a new manager might throw the training schedule off, plus the players won't have enough time to adjust to the new manager's style and tactics. So Shebby Singh might be indicating that the international break will be used for just that - to quickly get the team used to the new manager while there is time and not throw everything into a mess when there's 3 matches coming up shortly.

Plus there's lot of ways you can read into his interview. He might be hinting for us to keep up the boycott as he knows the fall in revenue is working and pushing the Venkys to "assess" the situation (which will eventually lead to Kean's sacking). There are a lot of strong reports claiming that Kean will definitely be sacked eventually and a new manager is being looked for right now. I say we keep up the boycott until after the international break and turn out in full force for the new manager's debut match. That and we lay off the heat from Shebby Singh and the owners for now. Since none of us know what's going on, there's no use cursing and insulting Shebby Singh and the owners until the international break is actually over and they really did sack Kean by then. However, the boycott for the next 3 matches with Kean in charge might send alarm bells ringing in their heads and further confirm their decision to get rid of Kean. Plus if we turn up full force (though living overseas I can't do that) for the new manager's debut it can be seen that the fans approve of the change in manager and prove to them that Kean was indeed the problem after all.

That, or I could be naive and end up with a egg on my face the moment the international break ends and Kean still somehow remains in charge.

But if you think about it, it actually makes sense to sack Kean just before the international break. Right now we have 3 games coming up and while I don't relish Kean being at the helm for any of them, sacking him now and bringing in a new manager might throw the training schedule off, plus the players won't have enough time to adjust to the new manager's style and tactics. So Shebby Singh might be indicating that the international break will be used for just that - to quickly get the team used to the new manager while there is time and not throw everything into a mess when there's 3 matches coming up shortly.

Plus there's lot of ways you can read into his interview. He might be hinting for us to keep up the boycott as he knows the fall in revenue is working and pushing the Venkys to "assess" the situation (which will eventually lead to Kean's sacking). There are a lot of strong reports claiming that Kean will definitely be sacked eventually and a new manager is being looked for right now. I say we keep up the boycott until after the international break and turn out in full force for the new manager's debut match. That and we lay off the heat from Shebby Singh and the owners for now. Since none of us know what's going on, there's no use cursing and insulting Shebby Singh and the owners until the international break is actually over and they really did sack Kean by then. However, the boycott for the next 3 matches with Kean in charge might send alarm bells ringing in their heads and further confirm their decision to get rid of Kean. Plus if we turn up full force (though living overseas I can't do that) for the new manager's debut it can be seen that the fans approve of the change in manager and prove to them that Kean was indeed the problem after all.

That, or I could be naive and end up with a egg on my face the moment the international break ends and Kean still somehow remains in charge.

I agree with this mate. It does make sense. Get kean out whilst there is a decent break. I'd love to hear that straight after the wolves defeat he is instantly sacked.

I appreciate there will be people who have paid for one off tickets for the Wolves match. Those people i fully understand attending the match. However, those who have purchased season tickets, i honestly don't think missing one match would hurt that badly. If the majority of the season ticket holders absconded for this one match it'd send a clear message to those wavering at the very top.

Tickets can be returned for a full fefund up to 24 hours before a game.

Just so people know :D

Nixon in the Daily Mirror. Not online.

Headline - End Game for Kean at Rovers

Steve Kean is losing his power battle with Shebby Singh at Blackburn.

Kean will meet his Rovers bosses this week - and is set for the sack.

The Scot is ready to speak to Balaji Rao, one of the ruling Venky's family, to sort out his differences with global advisor Singh. But the end result looks certain.

Rao has flown back to India to sort out the crisis with big sister Mrs Anuradha Desai, the Rovers supremo who previously backed Kean but is now taking a back seat.

When Balaji returns - before the Charlton game on Saturday - he will also be cleared to give Kean a pay-off and fund a new appointment.

Singh has been signing several players recently - and the question of who decides on recruitment will also be raised at the meeting.

The former TV pundit said: "I have my thoughts. I share them with my bosses and other colleagues at the club. It's not about me and Steve Kean. It's more than that. I came here in January and the situation has not changed with the fans. I have tried to change the perception of the club but the momentum has built up fast, it was hard to react. Financially it is not a good situation and the fans are staying away. The club needs revenue to survive."

Well, that's a totally underwhelming story from Nicko.

Hardly tells us anything new and just re-hashed quotes from Shebby on Radio Lancashire.

But crucially, it does say that Balaji will be back before the weekend and will have the power – and money – to pull the trigger.

Only time will tell.

Is it time to chant about Kean´s wife? It is very low I know but she seems to have a role in this mess.

Not a very good idea; it could be playing straight into Kean's hands. Who's to say this notion about his wife intervening wasn't put out there by Kean's camp? That way he can say "My family are being abused by those awful fans" and play the victim card once again.

I hate how paranoid and cynical this awful man has made me about all things Rovers!

Nixon in the Daily Mirror. Not online.

Headline - End Game for Kean at Rovers

Steve Kean is losing his power battle with Shebby Singh at Blackburn.

Kean will meet his Rovers bosses this week - and is set for the sack.

The Scot is ready to speak to Balaji Rao, one of the ruling Venky's family, to sort out his differences with global advisor Singh. But the end result looks certain.

Rao has flown back to India to sort out the crisis with big sister Mrs Anuradha Desai, the Rovers supremo who previously backed Kean but is now taking a back seat.

When Balaji returns - before the Charlton game on Saturday - he will also be cleared to give Kean a pay-off and fund a new appointment.

Singh has been signing several players recently - and the question of who decides on recruitment will also be raised at the meeting.

The former TV pundit said: "I have my thoughts. I share them with my bosses and other colleagues at the club. It's not about me and Steve Kean. It's more than that. I came here in January and the situation has not changed with the fans. I have tried to change the perception of the club but the momentum has built up fast, it was hard to react. Financially it is not a good situation and the fans are staying away. The club needs revenue to survive."

How many people will believe this? I for one, have my doubts, but then again I think everyone will take such news with a pinch of salt after having their hopes held so high up before getting them cruelly dashed to the ground. Plus right before the Charlton game? There isn't enough time for the new manager or replacement to sort out the team.

How many people will believe this? I for one, have my doubts, but then again I think everyone will take such news with a pinch of salt after having their hopes held so high up before getting them cruelly dashed to the ground. Plus right before the Charlton game? There isn't enough time for the new manager or replacement to sort out the team.

No but its not as if there would be much confusion about asking the players to change from playing Steve's Tactics is there!!!

Nicko has been very consistant on this matter all week and when he continually beats a drum on stuff, he's normally on the ball, as with the Rhodes transfer!!

Wow..this thread expands 20 pages every time I come back! What a soap opera this has turned out to be. Seriously, you couldn;t write it if you tried.

Great to hear all the insiders news and views - Glen et.al Thanks ! But seriously, I'm not sure any of us know what to believe.

The concept of Mrs Kean ringing Mrs Desai in tears and earning a reprieve just seems ludicrous when Venkys rule a business empire the size of what they do and Rovers is a mere speck in that empire.

I'm desperately hoping that the sacking did happen, but has been stalled only because of the complexity of the contract he may have with the extension he got last season.. i.e. "you're sacked... but the actual terms of that sacking, how much we're going to pay you, how much you're entitled to etc. etc." will take some time for the accountants and lawyers to sort out...

I'm desperately hoping against the possible scenario posted a while back on this thread by Hasta - that they sacked him, but he came back with some legal/contractual trump card that told them that they actually can't - and hence the apparent backtrack from Desai.

And I'm desperately desperately hoping against that they've merely 'sacked' him to in fact promote him to DoF where he will continue to pull strings and the club will continue to fester in his godawful stench.

Please please please some good news over the weekend, if not before....

Maybe we should chant shebby singhs blue and white army!

This is almost as bad as supporting Kean in my book, well not quite!

Singh is a joke, the interviews he gave yesterday bordered on laughable and at very best amateurish. The first time he opened his mouth he caused a media storm with the Morten comments and manager loses 3 remarks, he made the situation worse no doubt about that.

The man is a mouth piece for venkys who has been brought into line by the family after his outlandish remarks and has little or no power whatsoever. He should resign himself and anyone supporting him needs their head examining in my book.

Desai is the power broker, Singh is on the gravy train.

Spent yesterday talking to various people in Pune and it does look like the Kean sacking has been postponed rather than totally cancelled, no one knows why it has been postponed but all agree that it is still very much on the cards. However on Monday we had reached the stage of a press statement having been drafted and still he wasn't sacked, so now I will only actually believe it when they actually release an official statement.

Also I like Shebby, I think that he has potential to do some good work. But it is abundently clear that the only opinion that really matters is that of Mrs Desai, everyone else can want things but until she is the one with the real power.

Archived