Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon in the Daily Mirror. Not online.

Headline - End Game for Kean at Rovers

Steve Kean is losing his power battle with Shebby Singh at Blackburn.

Kean will meet his Rovers bosses this week - and is set for the sack.

The Scot is ready to speak to Balaji Rao, one of the ruling Venky's family, to sort out his differences with global advisor Singh. But the end result looks certain.

Rao has flown back to India to sort out the crisis with big sister Mrs Anuradha Desai, the Rovers supremo who previously backed Kean but is now taking a back seat.

When Balaji returns - before the Charlton game on Saturday - he will also be cleared to give Kean a pay-off and fund a new appointment.

Singh has been signing several players recently - and the question of who decides on recruitment will also be raised at the meeting.

The former TV pundit said: "I have my thoughts. I share them with my bosses and other colleagues at the club. It's not about me and Steve Kean. It's more than that. I came here in January and the situation has not changed with the fans. I have tried to change the perception of the club but the momentum has built up fast, it was hard to react. Financially it is not a good situation and the fans are staying away. The club needs revenue to survive."

The downside to this story is both brothers are currently taking part in some religious festival, and are not due back until the Wolves game. I'm not a religious person myself and have little understanding of their culture, perhaps someone who understands their faith would know more regarding them missing their religious festivities?

Spent yesterday talking to various people in Pune and it does look like the Kean sacking has been postponed rather than totally cancelled, no one knows why it has been postponed but all agree that it is still very much on the cards. However on Monday we had reached the stage of a press statement having been drafted and still he wasn't sacked, so now I will only actually believe it when they actually release an official statement.

Also I like Shebby, I think that he has potential to do some good work. But it is abundently clear that the only opinion that really matters is that of Mrs Desai, everyone else can want things but until she is the one with the real power.

I agree with this, International break seems to be the indication

What i wouldn't give to have a normal football club again.

Ha ha- Can you imagine what it would feel like to watch a game at Rovers with the likes of Big Sam setting the team up to play his predictable hoof ball/ by-pass midfield tactics whilst John W sits and nods next to him at a computer screen after all this farce-my guess is uneventful but like a comfy pair of slippers :)

The downside to this story is both brothers are currently taking part in some religious festival, and are not due back until the Wolves game.

Good old Nicko, he can't even get even the basics right, how the mighty have fallen!

Ha ha- Can you imagine what it would feel like to watch a game at Rovers with the likes of Big Sam setting the team up to play his predictable hoof ball/ by-pass midfield tactics whilst John W sits and nods next to him at a computer screen after all this farce-my guess is uneventful but like a comfy pair of slippers :)

How about if we went back a little further and sat happily in the stands whils Hughes leant nonchalantly against the tunnel wall. Savage and Tugay played in the middle of midifeld, Pedersen scored screamer after screamer, Bentley was the next David Beckham and regularly put the ball on a six pence for RSC to head home. Samba and Nelsen marshalled a tight ship, whilst Emerton and Warnock flanked them! And all the time, JW sat and nodded. Bliss

• Backroom

The downside to this story is both brothers are currently taking part in some religious festival, and are not due back until the Wolves game. I'm not a religious person myself and have little understanding of their culture, perhaps someone who understands their faith would know more regarding them missing their religious festivities?

Is Balaji not going to be coming back though? I know he is religious but not as much as Venketesh I Don't think

Spent yesterday talking to various people in Pune and it does look like the Kean sacking has been postponed rather than totally cancelled, no one knows why it has been postponed but all agree that it is still very much on the cards. However on Monday we had reached the stage of a press statement having been drafted and still he wasn't sacked, so now I will only actually believe it when they actually release an official statement.

Also I like Shebby, I think that he has potential to do some good work. But it is abundently clear that the only opinion that really matters is that of Mrs Desai, everyone else can want things but until she is the one with the real power.

Why does she have the last say so? I dont get it, she stay over in India paying no attention to what is going on with the fans etc but then has the last say.

The big Hindu festiva that starts on Sunday is Pitr Paksha (http://www.dipika.org.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=219:pitr-paksha-2012&catid=1:articles&Itemid=2) it runs from Sunday until 15th October, it is a very important period for Hindu's (not as big as Diwali but still very important), however it is not like Diwali when everything shuts down in India so they should be able to fly back should they wish to, but it maybe that the family are holding a ceremony to mark the start of Pitr-Paksha on Sunday in which case Bala wouldn't be able to come back.

Which Religion are they ? and what religious festival ?

Here is a list and there is nothing until later next month, that I can see.

http://www.chiddings...alendar.htm#sep

It wouldn't make any sense to come back after the Wolves match as this is just before the festival.

The downside to this story is both brothers are currently taking part in some religious festival, and are not due back until the Wolves game. I'm not a religious person myself and have little understanding of their culture, perhaps someone who understands their faith would know more regarding them missing their religious

Yom Kippor......the Day of Atonement :-)

According to the Hindu Religious Festivals Calendar it is "Pitru-Paksha" (30th. Sept. - 15th. Oct.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitru_Paksha

I live in Sinapore, and from what I know the people of Indian ethnicity do not take weeks to hold festivals. Usually their festivals are done in one or two days at most. However, that's in Singapore. I don't know how different it is in India.

That, and you don't have to be present at a festival throughout the day, if I'm not wrong they can leave and come back any time they want. I could be wrong though, since I'm not of Indian ethnicity, but that's how they do things here, at least from what I can see.

I dont think there is any festivities in india now.

Dussehra in 2012 is on Wednesday, the 24th of October

Honestly, no i genuinely cannot imagine what it would feel like to have any level of normality at Rovers. Nor can i actually remember what it is like to go and watch Rovers with any confidence of a decent result.

Honestly, no i genuinely cannot imagine what it would feel like to have any level of normality at Rovers. Nor can i actually remember what it is like to go and watch Rovers with any confidence of a decent result.

What I miss the most, and its strange. But that feeling where Rovers are holding on to a 1-0 and being so bloody nervous that I can hardly watch. For about 12 months now I've pretty much been urging the opposition to score. What has happened to this football club

My opinions changed on Shebby, I was quite vocal in backing him when he came and after the meeting with him and the fans. Now I don't believe he has any power. He is a clever man I'll give him that as I would say a majority of posters on various Rovers forums where condemning him and now they are believing in him once more. All he has done ud buy Kean more time, if Kean wins 2 and draws 1 does anybody think he will get sacked?

What is the point in Kean being at the club in any capacity if he is going to get the boot ?

Put him out of his misery and put him on gardening leave until his pay off is sorted.

Surely it is only going to cause more confusion if he is still hanging around the players. Just give the job to Black for the next few games.

Could it be that Derek Shaw & other Directors refused to sack Kean & has left it up to one of the family to do??

There is absolutely no merit in waiting for the international break as some are advocating and stating it to be logical.

Make no mistake, leaving Kean in charge for three more games could do untold damage for our prospects this season - up to 9 points could disappear, so far, we've been incredibly lucky.

Already, there is the almost inevitable speculation that some of the players are not behind Kean. Someone posted some stuff from Facebook about this a couple of pages back and that is in line with other speculation now being heard. It would not surprise me if some sort of senior player representation has not already been made to a member of the Rao family as things simply cannot go on like this - whatever respect the players had for Kean could be in danger of being eroded.

A new manager would give an immediate bounce to the whole of the football club and let's face it, IMO, if the disorganised mess that Kean puts on the field can manage to scramble 14 points from 7 matches, just think what any half decent manager could do. Correct me if I am wrong but when Sam came in, in less than 24 to 48 hours, he'd fashioned a win against Stoke City from a bunch of players that seemed totally lost under Ince.

I am with Nicko on this. The dye has been cast and I honestly think that Kean has managed his last match as Rovers' manager.

My opinions changed on Shebby, I was quite vocal in backing him when he came and after the meeting with him and the fans. Now I don't believe he has any power. He is a clever man I'll give him that as I would say a majority of posters on various Rovers forums where condemning him and now they are believing in him once more. All he has done ud buy Kean more time, if Kean wins 2 and draws 1 does anybody think he will get sacked?

Singh isn't the wielder of power at Ewood. However he is a cage rattler who is obviously out to 'get' Kean and his buddies. It might be cringeworthy in the short term but if Singh wasn't at Ewood we would be further than we are from removing the slimeball. Of that I am sure.

What I miss the most, and its strange. But that feeling where Rovers are holding on to a 1-0 and being so bloody nervous that I can hardly watch. For about 12 months now I've pretty much been urging the opposition to score. What has happened to this football club

Unfortunately there is just the overwhelming sense of anticipation knowing that opposition are going to score these days.

Archived