BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

There is absolutely no merit in waiting for the international break as some are advocating and stating it to be logical.

Make no mistake, leaving Kean in charge for three more games could do untold damage for our prospects this season - up to 9 points could disappear, so far, we've been incredibly lucky.

Already, there is the almost inevitable speculation that some of the players are not behind Kean. Someone posted some stuff from Facebook about this a couple of pages back and that is in line with other speculation now being heard. It would not surprise me if some sort of senior player representation has not already been made to a member of the Rao family as things simply cannot go on like this - whatever respect the players had for Kean could be in danger of being eroded.

A new manager would give an immediate bounce to the whole of the football club and let's face it, IMO, if the disorganised mess that Kean puts on the field can manage to scramble 14 points from 7 matches, just think what any half decent manager could do. Correct me if I am wrong but when Sam came in, in less than 24 to 48 hours, he'd fashioned a win against Stoke City from a bunch of players that seemed totally lost under Ince.

I am with Nicko on this. The dye has been cast and I honestly think that Kean has managed his last match as Rovers' manager.

I hope you're right but you have to remember, this is Venkys we are talking about! Logic and sense go out the window with them!

Any normal person can see what you're saying is the right course of action but not these clowns!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately there is just the overwhelming sense of anticipation knowing that opposition are going to score these days.

I do worry that any manager will have to really work hard to tighten this ship-we've lost a lot of strong players and replaced them with Young raw portuguese/old tired but arguably wise legs. O.K Simon is still on our books. But yes with that defence at the moment we know other teams will score. So until a January transfer window and with the financial backing of the owners how can things improve dramatically. Do we see another complete over-hall of the side in January and all these portuguese players side roaded-i very much doubt this. For all his huge faults Steve has put up with hell of a lot (No i'm in no way defending him). I just wonder who will put up with all this and be able to make a difference. Don't expect an immediate or even remotely close return to the glory days-cos with Venky's that is just not possible!

What will be the difference is hopefully the manager and the team will have the fans 100% backing-that will be a huge step to normality.

My opinions changed on Shebby, I was quite vocal in backing him when he came and after the meeting with him and the fans. Now I don't believe he has any power. He is a clever man I'll give him that as I would say a majority of posters on various Rovers forums where condemning him and now they are believing in him once more. All he has done ud buy Kean more time, if Kean wins 2 and draws 1 does anybody think he will get sacked?

Not so sure on that one.

We had got a fairly respectable 14 points out of 21 - c**p performances - but points total roughly on target for promotion. Still there was talk of sacking him.

Most importantly Shebby spent a portion of his interview talking about how fans were staying away and how the club couldn't sustain the current drop in crowds and subsequent revenue. He may have another three matches - but the key thing in their minds at the moment seems to be attendances, after the last few days (even if we win our next two matches) I can't imagine the Wolves home crowd will be big (unfortunately away support may swell the numbers somewhat).

I do worry that any manager will have to really work hard to tighten this ship-we've lost a lot of strong players and replaced them with Young raw portuguese/old tired but arguably wise legs. O.K Simon is still on our books. But yes with that defence at the moment we know other teams will score. So until a January transfer window and with the financial backing of the owners how can things improve dramatically. Do we see another complete over-hall of the side in January and all these portuguese players side roaded-i very much doubt this. For all his huge faults Steve has put up with hell of a lot (No i'm in no way defending him). I just wonder who will put up with all this and be able to make a difference. Don't expect an immediate or even remotely close return to the glory days-cos with Venky's that is just not possible!

A defence of Orr/Dann/Giver/Olsson with Robinson behind them should be good enough for this league. The main problem -as it always has been - is the tactics that Kean employs (plus doubts around fitness). It is interesting that Murphy was many Fulham fans favourite player - one they were disappointed to lose - and yet at Rovers he looks all at sea.

The Nixon piece is significant. He has a strong track record of getting on the inside of family scraps amongst the Raos.

Unfortunately when he publicises Rao fights, things don't work out as the fans might hope...

Meanwhilst the players are seriously upset with this management by vacuum.

Nicko's just been asked on Twitter when he expects the trigger to be pulled on Kean.

His reply was: 'Whenever the meeting happens ... When Balaji is back and given the nod to spend for this exercise. Probably before weekend.'

If he doesn't go before Charlton, will be interesting to see what kind of performace the players put in. Will they be playing for him?

Likewise, if he does go before the weekend and the Kean shackles have been taken off, what kind of performance will be the players put in for the caretaker?

An Interesting few days in store...

What will be the difference is hopefully the manager and the team will have the fans 100% backing-that will be a huge step to normality.

The worry hasn't been the players in the backline, the worry is how little Kean manages to get out of them.

A good manager will have our backline sorted out eventually. Won't be an overnight fix but it would happen. Mark Hughes managed to turn Andy Todd from a below average defender into solid centre back for Rovers. I could be wrong but Mcleish managed to get a decent level of performance out of Scott Dann also?

The Nixon piece is significant. He has a strong track record of getting on the inside of family scraps amongst the Raos.

Unfortunately when he publicises Rao fights, things don't work out as the fans might hope...

Sorry Philip. What do you mean when you say 'management by vacuum'?

Nicko's just been asked on Twitter when he expects the trigger to be pulled on Kean.

His reply was: 'Whenever the meeting happens ... When Balaji is back and given the nod to spend for this exercise. Probably before weekend.'

If he doesn't go before Charlton, will be interesting to see what kind of performace the players put in. Will they be playing for him?

Likewise, if he does go before the weekend and the Kean shackles have been taken off, what kind of performance will be the players put in for the caretaker?

An Interesting few days in store...

The reply was to me, and we have since exchanged a few DM's. We are on a tight timescale and I fear if it doesn't happen before the weekend, we may be stuck with him for a little while longer.

Oh and the Hindu event is to mark the death of their father. Don't think it will last 2 weeks.

But if you think about it, it actually makes sense to sack Kean just before the international break. Right now we have 3 games coming up and while I don't relish Kean being at the helm for any of them, sacking him now and bringing in a new manager might throw the training schedule off, plus the players won't have enough time to adjust to the new manager's style and tactics. So Shebby Singh might be indicating that the international break will be used for just that - to quickly get the team used to the new manager while there is time and not throw everything into a mess when there's 3 matches coming up shortly.

But at the same time, if that's the plan then Kean will know about it. The squad will know about it. What does that do to the preparation?

Organisation is the key, I would bet all the money in the world that most proper managers would set the team up better than Kean and we would see the defence looking far stronger and more options all over the park, he may not immediately gain massive results but we would at least look like a footballing side again!

Seemingly one player more upset than others, a local lad who has spoken his mind and will now probably be shipped out on loan.

His legs may have gone but it looks like his heart hasn't.

Either way, kean will be gone. Before or after the charlton match - the result the same. Kean is going.

Seemingly one player more upset than others, a local lad who has spoken his mind and will now probably be shipped out on loan.

His legs may have gone but it looks like his heart hasn't.

What are you referring to there? Can't find anything in other threads.

Rubbish patrick. If people care about the club they should either stay away or picket the gates. Whether they have bought a ticket is an irrelevance.

Just to add a slightly different spin; I am a season ticket holder with my young son. He lives and breathes rovers and doesn't fully grasp the current situation. We went down to the Bristol game last week so can be considered as keen as most. We both love to watch rovers and wouldn't miss a game under any circumstances. You will never get a total boycott because not everybody feels as desperate as people on this forum, who, let's not forget make up a relatively small percentage of fans in totality.

I would never boycott a game for the reasons I have described.

However, I would never seek to impose my own will on others or belittle anyone for making their own personal choices in life.

From Patrick Barclay on Twitter in the last 15 minutes or so:

Patrick Barclay@paddybarclay

Seems Steve Kean is going to pay the price for Blackburn's good start to the season.

Can you hear the Shebby Singh?

Best man for the Rovers job? Under the current ownership? Dunno. Bernard Matthews?

• Backroom

What are you referring to there? Can't find anything in other threads.

Heard that the Harwood Pie Man has been mouthing off and thought i heard a bit of it myself in a pub in Hurst Green a few weeks back although not enough to hear the full story

Archived