BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

I thought that was the case too

I think he may be on £1.3m per year with 8 months remaining so = c£800k MAX

He wont be on that, Rijkard in Saudi is only reported to be on £2,5000,000 per annum and they pay over the odds over there, my guess would be around £800,000 per annum tops, remember, we are a Championship team!!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that was the case too

I think he may be on £1.3m per year with 8 months remaining so = c£800k MAX

Exactly, then maybe a lump sum i.e hush money and surely thats it?

He cant be on big money,,,delighted to get a managers job in the PL and Venkys aint exactly the kindest folk...

Sherwood is going to be an excellent manager. I have heard a lot about his coaching skills at Spurs and they genuinely see him as their future manager.

He would, however, need an experienced coaching team around him if he were to take over at Rovers. He is a better prospect than Shearer.

Hopefully shouldn't be too much longer before Venky's put us out of our misery and get rid of Kean. Kean knows he's a gonner now - his friends in the press have confirmed that.

Joe Jordan would fit the bill.

Sherwood now 2-1 favourite with Bet Victor.

It will be interesting to see once coco finally does one if any of the many managers, pundits and journos who lauded his dignity and abilities will be attempting to harvest his skills, I personally hope he gains employment at the clubs of all those fekkers who called Rovers fans, see how they put up with his BS

I'd like to see that too. The strange thing is, that even though other fans bash us for wanting to get rid, not a single fan I have asked would be willing to have kean ###### all over their club...

As for his "abilities", why wasn't kean in the running for England, or Liverpool, or Tottenham etc? If he's such a brilliant "man", he surely would be at many people's shortlists...

I'd like to see that too. The strange thing is, that even though other fans bash us for wanting to get rid, not a single fan I have asked would be willing to have kean ###### all over their club...

As for his "abilities", why wasn't kean in the running for England, or Liverpool, or Tottenham etc? If he's such a brilliant "man", he surely would be at many people's shortlists...

It's going to be hilarious when nobody touches him and gives him a chance! He is 3rd fav for the Scotland job and even they wouldn't have him...

It really is odd how so many people who supposedly know their stuff rave on about Kean being great. I think we all know deep down that EVERYBODY hates us and this is why we (the fans) get negative press! Do we care though? I think not...

It's going to be hilarious when nobody touches him and gives him a chance! He is 3rd fav for the Scotland job and even they wouldn't have him...

It really is odd how so many people who supposedly know their stuff rave on about Kean being great. I think we all know deep down that EVERYBODY hates us and this is why we (the fans) get negative press! Do we care though? I think not...

This is a strange one given that he allegedly stabbed Allardyce in the back, you would have thought he would have been hated, having said that, we dont know what lies he has told these managers over a glass of red after games!!

Joe Jordan would fit the bill.

Sherwood now 2-1 favourite with Bet Victor.

I'm pretty sure Sherwood will be offered the role. Fits the Venky's bill as he would be relatively cheap, a rovers legend, and is good at bringing through young players.

Spurs will fight to keep him though and will probably offer him a more senion role in order to keep him.

Ditto Sherwood really.

He does have 4 years worth of coaching experience at Spurs, including surviving a regime change. Always struck me as a fairly intelligent bloke as well. Whereas Shearer has spent his time since retirement as a pundit, where he hasn't exactly impressed me or seemed like a good football mind (Playing intelligence or instinct or whatever you want to call it, is another thing. That he did have), and didn't do very well in his short stint at Newcastle either.

If we're looking at a former fan favourite in order to galvanize the fan base, then Tugay should be the #1 choice. The problem is that any such inexperienced appointment is a risk, that could turn out great (Hughes) or fail miserably (Ince). A safer bet would be a McCarthy or Curbishley. Experienced, know how to set up a team, solid but unspectacular. And in terms of character, a massive step up from Kean. Although that goes for any manager we've had linked to us...

I'm pretty sure Sherwood will be offered the role. Fits the Venky's bill as he would be relatively cheap, a rovers legend, and is good at bringing through young players.

Spurs will fight to keep him though and will probably offer him a more senion role in order to keep him.

Doesnt get on with the manager!!

Sherwood is highly rated in the corridors of Spurs. If he comes in as the figure head with an assistant like Joe Jordan, Kevin Bond I'd be happy. Lets just hope and pray Anderson's info is correct and the reign of Kean is imminently coming to an end. I'll be at the Valley on Saturday and I can't wait!

Sherwood not for me. & no I don't need anyone telling me i'm not a rovers fan because he's a rovers legend. Imo, we need a experienced manager who can do 2 things most importantly. Motivate the players & set the team up with an organised game plan.

Alan Curbishley would be my preferred choice. Out with the lying, thieving, drink-driving, back-stabbing chancers and in with some decency, common sense and quality. Should we get promoted we need someone with experience of keeping clubs in the PL on small budgets.

No to Sherwood, Shearer, Tugay, et al. There is a big job ahead for someone and it will take a great deal of experience to turn things round, solidify the club and develope and maintain progress. The size of the task ahead should not be under-estimated.

This is a strange one given that he allegedly stabbed Allardyce in the back, you would have thought he would have been hated, having said that, we dont know what lies he has told these managers over a glass of red after games!!

Exactly, everything surrounding Kean just strikes me as strange. He has done so many things that would usually warrant everyone disliking him yet he always comes up smelling of roses... odd situation!

On the manager front, I guess I would be happy with Sherwood but only if, like people on here have said - he has an experienced number 2 with him. Failing Sherwood I would go for a Souness comeback with Tugay as his assistant....

Archived