BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

From Patrick Barclay on Twitter in the last 15 minutes or so:

Patrick Barclay@paddybarclay

Seems Steve Kean is going to pay the price for Blackburn's good start to the season.

What a pathetic comment to make from somebody who should know better :angry2:

Teflon arrogantly stated the fans would return....he's told a pork pie once to often me thinks!

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to add a slightly different spin; I am a season ticket holder with my young son. He lives and breathes rovers and doesn't fully grasp the current situation. We went down to the Bristol game last week so can be considered as keen as most. We both love to watch rovers and wouldn't miss a game under any circumstances. You will never get a total boycott because not everybody feels as desperate as people on this forum, who, let's not forget make up a relatively small percentage of fans in totality.

I would never boycott a game for the reasons I have described.

However, I would never seek to impose my own will on others or belittle anyone for making their own personal choices in life.

Colt, I fully understand your position.

All I would ask of you is to go in after five minutes, just to register your displeasure.

From Patrick Barclay on Twitter in the last 15 minutes or so:

Patrick Barclay@paddybarclay

Seems Steve Kean is going to pay the price for Blackburn's good start to the season.

Kean is paying for his dismal attempts to keep us in the PL

Have a look at his statistics, Paddy.

Just to add a slightly different spin; I am a season ticket holder with my young son. He lives and breathes rovers and doesn't fully grasp the current situation. We went down to the Bristol game last week so can be considered as keen as most. We both love to watch rovers and wouldn't miss a game under any circumstances. You will never get a total boycott because not everybody feels as desperate as people on this forum, who, let's not forget make up a relatively small percentage of fans in totality.

However, I would never seek to impose my own will on others or belittle anyone for making their own personal choices in life.

fully understand that , you and i are iin similar positions , but simongarners does make a very good point , 1 game where people like you and i dont attend just could give us what we all want

The downside to this story is both brothers are currently taking part in some religious festival, and are not due back until the Wolves game. I'm not a religious person myself and have little understanding of their culture, perhaps someone who understands their faith would know more regarding them missing their religious festivities?

I agree with this, International break seems to be the indication

The result is still the same - Kean will be sacked very soon.

Imagine if we picked 9pts before the international break. Nothing will change our opinion about the clown but we seem to be air to the owners.

Is it time to chant about Kean´s wife? It is very low I know but she seems to have a role in this mess.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

It is only to be expected that ANY man's wife will fight his corner in a situation like this, and nobody can blame her for that. Also remember we are decent people and we have no quarrel with Mrs Kean. Attacking her verbally or any other way would be quite the wrong thing to do, and I am both surprised and disappointed that ANY Rovers fan could even contemplate such an action.

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!

It is only to be expected that ANY man's wife will fight his corner in a situation like this, and nobody can blame her for that. Also remember we are decent people and we have no quarrel with Mrs Kean. Attacking her verbally or any other way would be quite the wrong thing to do, and I am both surprised and disappointed that ANY Rovers fan could even contemplate such an action.

Murphys wife has received abuse on twitter from some rovers supporters. Also disgraceful behaviour.

The result is still the same - Kean will be sacked very soon.

PAFELL you have absolutley no idea, u seem so very confident and if i recall you have been confident before in the past. You need to stop listening to rumours and taking them as gospel mate!!

Are you talking about Dunny? Wondered why he hadn't played this year

Dunny was one of venkys biggest choirboys last year.

Remember his condesending remarks to the fans about 'getting real' soon after he filled his gut during that embarrassing chicken advert?

May I suggest you and your son choose an alternative activity for the day by way of distraction. I'm sure there's lots of other places he enjoys going to and it won't kill either of you to miss the game.

It will also be a talking point for you both in years to come.

My attendance at matches depends on my work roster and I'm free to attend against Wolves.

Much as it will hurt me to miss the match I'm going to for the greater good.

A point I fully support 'colt seavers'. Whilst I fully respect the views of those boycotting the Wolves game it's not for everyone. I know the group of friends that I attend matches with will be attending as normal. Judging by reports coming out of various sources it would appear that Kean is likely to be gone during the international break. Personally, I can't see why he can't be put on 'gardening leave' in the meantime.

Have to say that Dunny has been nothing but professional and reserved in his comments on the current regime. He get's asked enough questions from disgruntled fans like myself as to what the hell is going on, but shrugs his shoulders and says he has to respect the people that pay his wages. But you can sense by his body language he feels like the rest of us, given he is a genuine rovers fan himself. Its a very tough position he is personally put in. Would you publically slag off your employers and risk the sack?

Think you'll find the management did not think he was injured for the Cup game as to why he has not featured although been on bench for last few games. Says it all that Monkey head will put him on the bench to appease the locals with no intention of bringing him on as a sub.

Have to say that Dunny has been nothing but professional and reserved in his comments on the current regime. He get's asked enough questions from disgruntled fans like myself as to what the hell is going on, but shrugs his shoulders and says he has to respect the people that pay his wages. But you can sense by his body language he feels like the rest of us, given he is a genuine rovers fan himself. Its a very tough position he is personally put in. Would you publically slag off your employers and risk the sack?

Think you'll find the management did not think he was injured for the Cup game as to why he has not featured although been on bench for last few games. Says it all that Monkey head will put him on the bench to appease the locals with no intention of bringing him on as a sub.

IMO, Dunny burnt his bridges with a lot of fans last season in his backing of Kean etc, I think on the back of a new contract and help with his coaching badges. Based on the folk I chat with, if representative, I would say he lost a lot of respect with a lot of supporters - many people don't forget, or forgive.

And you wouldn't argue with Fergie - I remember when he once laid out a Coventry City player on the pitch, got sent off for it !

Legend as a player, but as I recall we were competing with them for promotion at the time (an Easter game) we lost and they went up !

• Backroom

Mike Ferguson brands Venky's reign as disgraceful.

http://www.lancashir...ackburn_Rovers/

Mostly fair comments, however...

“I’m not even sure if getting rid of Steve Kean would be enough now, but it is the only chance they have. His managerial ability doesn’t really matter now, it is the fact that he has an impossible job of being accepted.

“Venky’s have never backed him. I know they have kept him in a job but they have never said ‘this is our man’. I’m amazed he is prepared to take that.”

Really? I think branding the bloke "unsackable" is about as much backing as you can get. There have been times when Kean appears to have been left on the front line to fend for himself but to say Venky's have never backed him is totally wrong.

Legend as a player, but as I recall we were competing with them for promotion at the time (an Easter game) we lost and they went up !

Correct, Jimmy Hill was their manager and if my memory serves me correctly, Bobby Gould got their winner.

fully understand that , you and i are iin similar positions , but simongarners does make a very good point , 1 game where people like you and i dont attend just could give us what we all want

You and sg are quite right and is is certainly food for thought...

Appreciate the reply cheers!

so nicko thinks kean is going before the weekend, while others think he will be sacked during the international break, who is correct? I am hoping Nicko is on this one

I'd say that it is very unlikely that he goes before the weekend.

Archived